What's new

Weekly RoundUp 3/1/05 (1 Viewer)

JackKay

Second Unit
Scott Pierson

Just went to Best Buy in Alderwood to get Diner at Eight, but all they had was Philly and Baby. No box set either.

Jaxon's Dad

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug
Picked up Bambi at Wal*Mart this morning with the coupon. Mike & Jeff: My coupon, printed on a B&W inkjet, worked without a hitch. It was around 5:45am, and I think the cashier was so tired that she would have let me have the discount if the coupon didn't scan, but it scanned just fine. Final price w/tax: $13.82. Sweet! Thanks to TonyD for the link!

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Thanks for the roundup Mike! I like it the way it is. If I need to know online price comparisons, I use dvdpricesearch.com. You provide a valuable service in summarizing B&M prices which can be surprisingly competitive in some cases.

Is Warners having another distribution problem with Classic Comedies or did they simply underestimate demand.

In addition to all the above comments about not being able to find it, I pre-ordered this from Amazon in early January and it still hasn't shipped. (Amazon is stating a 5 to 6 day delivery period for this title.)

Didn't the Gangsters and Legends sets have similar issues?

Steve

PerryD

Supporting Actor
I have to make another trip to Best Buy to pricematch today's Frys ad price of $19.99 for Brady Bunch.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member

Actually, that new store will probably be open to the public tomorrow (the new store in Oak Creek has its 'quiet opening' here on Thursday.) They tend to do alot of "New Store Specials" during the first month of opening, but they tend to be more of the commodity items, like Charmin, diapers, Coke/Pepsi, etc. There will probably be some deals on electronics items, but I don't recall them doing much in the DVD/CD area. I will be trying to hit the new store here next week so if I see anything of interest, I'll post it in next weeks column.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I just want to take the time to advise anyone buying Bambi to print a $5 rebate coupon that Joe Gido linked in THIS THREAD .

It basically says buy Bambi, buy three boxes of Jolly Time popcorn and get $5. Let me emphasize you do NOT need a proof-of-purchase from the DVD packaging! :D

I think Bambi is turning out to be one of the DVD bargains of 2005! :emoji_thumbsup:

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
Not that I really care, but I feel like Rodney. I posted the link to the coupon from DVDTalk in this thread more than a day before TonyD, but he's getting all the love. What's up with that?

I tell ya, "No respect at all!" :D

Joe-Frietze

Stunt Coordinator
RE: Brotherhood of the Wolf

Except, I believe the extras in the Canadian version are all in French, and they will be translated into English for this release. All of the behind-the-scenes stuff and the like. That's the reason I didn't pull the plug and get the Canadian version a few years ago.

-Joe

Joe-Frietze

Stunt Coordinator

THANKS GLENN!!!

Ok, now does anyone have a resized version of the coupon they could post? My image editing software on my PC at work is giving me headaches today. (Thanks for the upgrade, IT guys!)

-Joe

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
Mike, Joe, you're so kind. Now I feel better. :)

Joe, I e-mailed you a Word doc with the coupon in an appropriate size. Hope you can use that. It scanned fine at Target for me.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Thanks for the info on Target's opening Eric. I saw on the news they had their ribbon-cutting ceremony yesterday so it makes sense they would open earlier. I may swing by tomorrow after work to check it out.

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
Can anyone help me out on the coupon? I too am at work stuck with a Giant-Size coupon from hell. :)

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
well, I went into WALGREENS to get a Bambi-and they have a piss-poor DVD selection-when I asked for BAMBI they had to go in the back room and look for it.
It was $22.99-so with their $5 off coupon- $17.99-nuts-I knew I could do better so, I went to my local FRED MEYER, where it was being sold (normal price) for $19.99-I asked the clerk if they took competitors coupons, and she said "Why not?".
So I got mine for $14.99+tax coulda been worse

Oh yeah-and people get ready!

RED DWARF 5+6 are coming out March 15-
THE BEST PRICE SO FAR IS $42.00 for the set, (at todays exchange rate) DELIVERED-from DVDSOON.COM in Canada

Don

Second Unit
anyone know what site this $3.00 off coupon is on. i'm at work and need a smaller size to.

Don

Second Unit
i found the site. but did not find any $5.00 coupon in my Bambi for/to be used for the Incredibles. anyone else Have this Problem. also where does one get the Manufactures Coupon. besides printing it from the internet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks