What's new

Weekly RoundUp 2-9-2010 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
600x600px-LL-MikesRoundUp.jpg

[COLOR= rgb(255, 0, 0)]The Features[/COLOR]

– Michael Stuhlbarg & Richard Kind (A Serious Man – 2009)

– Cast (Couples Retreat – 2009)

–Ashley Springer, Rooney Mara, Emmy Rossum (Dare – 2009)

–Tom Hardy (Bronson– 2008)

–Women's Prison– 1956

–Orson Welles (King Lear– 1953)

[COLOR= rgb(255, 0, 0)]The Prices[/COLOR]

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon
[COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]SD-DVD TITLE[/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]Amazon[/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]BestBuy[/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]Target[/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]Costco[/COLOR] Army Wives: Season 3 $29.99http://www.assoc-amazon.com/e/ir?t=hometheaterforum-20&l=ur2&o=1"> $44.99 $34.99 Bad Girls of Film Noir: Volume 1 [url=http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.html?ie=UTF8&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=9325&tag=hometheaterforum-20&location=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2FBad-Company-Hard-Blu-ray-Bonus%2Fdp%2FB002XUBDQA%2Fref%3Dsr_1_1%3Fie%3DUTF8%26s%3Ddvd%26qid%3D1265511407%26sr%3D8-1]$16.99[/url][img]http://www.assoc-amazon.com/e/ir?t=hometheaterforum-20&l=ur2&o=1"> Bronson $24.99 Couple's Retreat $22.99 $19.99 Dante's Inferno: An Animated Epic $19.99 Dare $34.99 Drop Zone $17.99 Hard Rain $17.99 I Hate Valentine's Day $24.99 The Phantom $17.99 The Pretenders: Live in London $21.99 The Running Man $17.99 A Serious Man $26.99 $24.99 Serious Moonlight $24.99 Stargate Universe (SGU 1.0) $47.99 $42.99 The Stepfather (NR Director's Cut) $26.99 $24.99 The Time Traveler's Wife $25.99 $25.99 XIII: The Conspiracy $24.99
[b](CC)[/b] after a title = New release in the Criterion Collection.

[i][b]Individual Titles in the Collections Listed Above:[/b][/i]

[b]Bad Girls of Film Noir: Volume 1 (DVD):[/b] Dead Reckoning, The Racket, The Big heat, Human Desire, 99 River Street, The Prowler.
[b]
Bad Girls of Film Noir: Volume 2 (DVD):[/b] Night Editor, One Girl's Confession, Over-Exposed, Women's Prison.

[b]David Lean Collection (8 Films - Korean Import) (DVD):[/b] Oliver Twist, Great Expectations, Blithe Spirit, This Happy Breed, Brief Encounter, Madeleine, The Sound Barrier, Hobson's Choice.

[b]Rod Serling: Studio One Dramas (DVD):[/b] The Arena, The Strike.

[size=6][COLOR= rgb(255, 0, 0)][b]The Disclaimer[/b][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Thanks for the time you invest in posting the WRU Mike! Running Man and The Phantom are on the list for sure; debating on either A Serious Man or Couples Retreat.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Best Buy on sale DVD items:

$4.99 each:
27 Dresses
The Princess Bride
What Happens in Vegas
You, Me and Dupree
The Breakup
The Devil Wears Prada
Last Chance Harvey
The Pursuit of Happyness
Talledaga Nights
Traitor
Hitch
Righteous Kill
Minority Report
Mr. and Mrs. Smith

[COLOR= #3366ff]Blu-ray:[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #3366ff]
$19.99 each:
Transformers 2 : Revenge Of The Fallen
Harry Potter And The Half Blood Prince
Terminator: Salvation
Public Enemies
Star Trek
Inglourious Basterds
The Hangover
Up
G-Force
Crank 2
Gamer[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #3366ff]
$24.99 each:
District 9
Angels and Demons
Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs
G.I Joe
The Proposal[/COLOR]

---------

Target on sale DVD items:

$7.50 each:

The Notebook
What Happens in Vegas
27 Dresses
The Princess Bride

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
BB.com also has Casablanca (BD, 1 disc) for $14.99, along with other classic titles like The Graduate, Butch Cassidy and Raging Bull. I don't recall ever seeing Casablanca included in any kind of sale...

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
The Running Man, on Blu, for me, and thats it.

I just HAD to click on that Amazon link for Boobs: An American Obsession. Oh yea, but i only wanna see em in HD. No Blu, no sale! :P

Interesting that Mike added that title to the Round Up? Must of been on his radar.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by RickER Maybe I should slip something different into the mix every once in a while to keep things interesting!

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Originally Posted by Jason_V

BB.com also has Casablanca (BD, 1 disc) for $14.99, along with other classic titles like The Graduate, Butch Cassidy and Raging Bull. I don't recall ever seeing Casablanca included in any kind of sale...
That's been the price for Casablanca at Amazon (and Warner's own online store too) for about a week now. The others have also seen rock bottom prices (below $10 each) for quite some time as well -- that's how I bought The Graduate and Raging Bull some time ago myself.

_Man_

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Wow, this thread is dead slow this week. Even without that high profile doc, BOOBS...id figure The Round Up would have more than 8 or 9 posts in its 1500 views! You know, from all that increased traffic on the forum.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
You never know what is going to pop up at Costco. Today I browsed the movie section to find they were selling Bewitched season boxes for $12.99 each. They had all of them except season 1 and only the colorized version of season 2. I hadn't yet purchased the final three seasons so I jumped on 'em!

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Thanks as usual Mike & Patrick for the WRU.

I'd like to get Couples' Retreat and The Time Traveler's Wife, both on BD, but I'm hesitating because of the pricing (especially on TTTW). I've been looking for coupons for either one and haven't been successful. I might be holding off a couple of weeks on these and hope / wait for a price drop.

I've got A Serious Man in my Netflix Queue and rented Ice Castles from Redbox today.

For anyone that's interested in picking-up Ice Castles on DVD, Sony Pictures has a $5.00 off coupon:

GET $5 OFF
WHEN YOU BUY THE ALL NEW REMAKE ON DVD!
HURRY, OFFER EXPIRES MARCH 16TH.

Link: http://www.sonypictures.com/homevideo/specialoffers/

Does anyone know of any coupons for Couples' Retreat and / or The Time Traveler's Wife on BD?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Jeff:

My wife is anxious to see The Time Traveler's Wife. My strategy is to hold her off as long as possible. I figure since the film isn't supposed to be all that good (say the critics) it will be showing up in "used" bins pretty darn quick. That's where I'll be looking for it.

And, if that doesn't work, I'll buy a used DVD from my local rental shop when they finally hit there.

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Good strategy Mike. I'm not having any problems holding my wife off - we saw it in theaters and she thought it was only ok. My problem is my 3 teen daughters - the oldest of which also saw it in theaters and is dying to see it again. And this has caused further excitement in her sisters. I'm not sure how long I can hold them off.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I'm sure it's already known but the Ice Castles is a remake not the original with Robbie Benson.
Also The Phamtom and Running Man on blu is $11.99 at amazon and $10 at some walmarts.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks