What's new

Weekly RoundUp 2-8-2011 (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
amazon links seem to be out of order. And now they work. maybe it's my browser. Have been using Rockmelt. When I click the links sometimes they work, if I click "open in new tab" it always works.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Originally Posted by John Gido

Is it worth the upgrade from SD to Blu for "Uncle Buck"? It is a guilty pleasure of mine and IIRC, the SD is AOR, unlike "Honeymoon In Vegas" where the SD was FF and the Blu is AOR.

I haven't had the oportunity to actually watch it yet, but I can confirm that it is a BD50 and there is a sticker on the front claiming it has been remastered. Its interesting that they used a BD50 as it is 25.2Gig Sound is only DTS 2.0

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
I will be upgrading my LD version of Barb Wire, just not at $15. Uncle Buck and Flipper made it to $10 this week. Why can't Barb Wire and River Wild (hint, hint Amazon)? I have to say I actually found the extra "unrated" footage at the beginning fairly boring after the first 45 seconds. Come on, start the movie already! I have a friend who worked on the movie and just rolled his eyes when I mentioned it was coming to Blu.

No back to watching season one of VIP which I just picked up for under $15....

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Re: Barb Wire Blu-ray

Those Pamela Anderson Lee-lovers who want to see the "unrated sexy footage" won't get them on this Blu-ray. The movie is the R-rated version and has no extras on the disc. The DVD from Polygram Video has an additional 4:3 aspect ratio version (with the non-anamorphic 1.85:1 version), the unrated version containing "extra sexy footage (outtakes)," the theatrical trailer, a photo gallery and cast & crew filmographies. There is nothing specific for the movie on the BD-Live area either.

So if you only want an A/V upgrade and don't care about extras, you might want the Blu-ray. I don't know if the Blu-ray is suffering from the dreaded DNR (like on some other Universal catalog BDs), but the audio is pretty good for DTS-HD MA.

I would definitely want the rest of VIP on DVD. Maybe Shout! Factory can scrounge up the rights like they did for other great shows.

And as usual: Excellent work, Mike!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Keith:

Thanks for that info! And it's always a pleasure to see a post of yours anywhere on the forum. Don't be a stranger!

Wonder why Universal didn't release the extra footage and/or features on the BD?

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Mike:

You're welcome! Lately, finding the time to browse the forums is far and few between for me.

Wasn't Polygram Video part of the Universal family? If so, I also would ask why none of the extras are available on the BD.

Keith

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks