What's new

Weekly RoundUp 2-7-2012 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by DennisBassi

Best Buy continues to get less relevant every week.

Unfortunate, but most weeks the evidence points in that direction. I think they are caring less and less about media (CDs, DVDs, BDs, etc.).

And in the mall near me, Best Buy has actually opened a separate store called "Best Buy Mobile" in which they only sell cell phone related stuff. I think that's quite telling. They continue to enlarge the phone area in their big mall storefront, too. Must be where the action is right now.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Yuck.

Even with the general comedown in going into BB now and then these days, I never felt the full force of that Forbes article coming alive right in front of me like I did during this week's "Lady and the Tramp" debacle. I very nearly said something about the article at a moment when I had the customer service counter person and two others talking with me, then decided why bother, I was so fed up at that point that all I wanted to do was get out of there and give my money to Target. Which felt just fine the next day.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
For the life of me I can;'t find this posted anywhere, but for those still looking for the best deal on Lady and the Tramp and have a ToysRUs near you. Preorder cards for The Muppets are available: $5 deposit which will allow a $10 immediate discount on another Disney title Disney Movie Rewards coupon -- $8 off 3 disc combo 3 disc LATT combo (Blu+DVD+DC) -- $24.99 at TRU + $5 Gift Card for future purchase. Net 24.99 - 10 - 8 + 5 = $11.99 plus a $5 GiftCard Even if you never go back for the Muppets it still seems to be lowest cost I can find. When The Muppets show up mid March, you already have a $10 headstart assuming you use the GC for that purchase plus whatever coupon Disney will probably have. Hopefully another downstream preorder for Pocohontas or ??

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Nice! But I think I'll still wait on the Disney Store deal on The Muppets -- it doesn't look like DMR is doing a coupon for it, but I should be able to use the $20 off on some jammies or something for my kid. :)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Let's all send some good vibes to Mike. His wife posted what looks like the reason for his recent health woes. So looks like they finally know what it is. Mike I apologize if you didn't want this here but the more good vibes your way the better.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks