What's new

Weekly RoundUp 2/3 (1 Viewer)

Harold Wazzu

Supporting Actor
Target has Rain Man SE for $14.99.

I also picked up A Bug's Life : Collector's Edition (2-disc which color changing slipcover) for $14.99

Wish I would have taken some paper with me I would have gotten all of the other prices, oh well I guess.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member

Mine too, Scott! You see, HERE is why I can't stand turning over the custody of the Roundup to anyone else. Because as good as Mike is, he's just not doing a good enough job of reading my mind and putting every title I want to buy on the Roundup. And then I go and forget it's getting released this week...

Okay, thanks for the reminder! I'll be grabbing it on the way home, if I can track down a copy! :emoji_thumbsup:

Greg S

Supporting Actor

Dam!

You guys made me go buy another DVD this week.

I remember this movie from Long Ago and it was a very "gritty" and "dark" movie IMHO. I picked up on this film after Ladyhawke came out (which I loved) and figured this would be in the same line, boy was I wrong. All in all still an excellent film and worthy of the purchase (especially for the $9.12 that DDD wants).

Anybody remember that "futuristic" movie Rutger Hauer was in where he was part of this team that battled in some sport using a dog skull. I think it had Joan Chen in it and the guy who played the alien in MIB and does one of those Law & Order shows I think.

Greg

Howard Glenn

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Mike, Patrick, and everyone!

Just a reminder that there are also two new Criterion releases out today:

Maitresse and Diary of a Country Priest

DVDPlanet.com has Maitresse for $19.47, and Diary for $25.97.

Howie

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Here's a new batch of Warner Brothers DVDs for $12.99 each AT COSTCO:

Gone With The Wind
Grand Hotel
Mutiny On the Bounty
One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest (1-disc?)
Mrs. Miniver

The Beatles - First US Visit $15.99

The Boss's Daughter $17.29
The Fighting Temptations $17.49
Gilligan's Island Season 1 set $25.19
Planet Of The Apes 35th Anniversary Ed. $16.99
The Thorn Birds $21.97
My Fair Lady $17.99
American Splendor $17.99
Second Hand Lions $17.89

(Added store name)

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member

You're talking about Blood of Heroes, one of the few films on my dwindling "wish was on DVD" list.

Going to try and scare up LiT, PotA, and maybe Flesh+Blood if it can be found.

Anyone have any idea of how much LiT and PotA are running in Target and WalMart?

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Alex,

According to my local ads:

Target:

Lost in Translation and Planet of the Apes are $19.99 each.

Wal-Mart:

Lost in Translation and Planet of the Apes are $18.87 each.

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
Just scored a copy of Ed Wood! If you live in Texas, check your Best Buy. Apparently, they didn't get the memo. :)

Also, check your BlockBusters. Some people have had success finding Ed Wood there (for $29.99).

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Check Costco as well for Ed!!

BTW my local WM has My Fair Lady for $14. All other new releases are sky high at 19.96.

Greg

Wayne W

Stunt Coordinator
Best Buy in Frisco, TX had several copies around 6:30 pm today. If you are still looking and live in the area give it a shot.

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
Just returned from Costco...picked up Mutiny on the Bounty for $12.99 and Rain Man for $11.99.

They also had Grand Hotel, but no Ed Wood.

Jon

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
To those Flesh + Blood fans from earlier...

This DVD looks awesome! I haven't cracked the seal yet, but apparently we get the "Full-Length International Version" (I've no idea how this version varies from the VHS version (Vestron??) I'm familiar with...), an audio commentary with Verhoeven, a featurette entitled 'Composing Flesh + Blood', and the original theatrical trailer.

Plus the movie's fantastic. Not bad for 9 bucks! :emoji_thumbsup: :)

GarySchrock

Second Unit
My local walmart had tags on the shelves saying 14.44, but the movies were labelled 19.76, and that's what they rang up to. If there hadn't been people behind me in line I probably would have made a fuss about it. As it was, given that I was already irritated that I almost accidentally bought the full-screen planet of the apes there (which was all they had), I decided that I wasn't spending my money there, and hit best buy instead. Thankfully there between reward zone certificates and gift cards, I ended up walking out of there without spending any of my money :).

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
I bought lots of stuff today and still managed to forget about several titles that were released. I should have printed out the Round-Up and brought it with me! Oh well, I can always get "Rain Man" later. Checked five different stores and found no "Ed Wood". :thumbsdown:

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Gary, I *think* Wal-Mart still has that price mistake policy where if something rings up differently than the shelf tag they'll give you another $3 off the shelf tag price! Can anybody confirm this? If true, seems like you could have had a really nice deal without feeling sneaky about it. Just not sure what you mean when you say the movies were labeled $19.76. Individual price tags on each movie? My WM doesn't usually do that, just has the shelf tags. Weird.

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Wow hit the local Wally World this AM and they UNDERCUT Everybody including COSTCO this time :D !!

Under the Tuscan Sun - $14
Secondhand Lions - $14
Rain Man: SE - $11
The Fighting Temptations - $14
Lost In Translation - $15
Thornbirds - $18
Gilligan's Island - $19 (I think)
My Fair Lady: SE - $14
Planet of the Apes: SE - $15
My Boss' Daughter - $15
American Splendor - $15

Usually my WM is priced well but rarley beats everybody by this much. I hope they keep this up!!

Greg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks