What's new

Weekly RoundUp 2/3 (1 Viewer)

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Mike, let me also heap kind words upon you, thanks for the roundup and also thanks for posting it early, especially this week of the Superbowl!

Anyway, probably nothing for me this week off of the FEb. 3 list, I've still got stuff from the last couple weeks to buy, but having said that, What's Happening, Good Times, and Giligans Island are all definite purchases.

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Follow Me Boys! is 1.33:1. I am not sure if that is its OAR. Same goes for Merlin Jones. Follow Me Boys! will have a new featurette, though. Those Calloways is 1.66:1, Return to Oz is non-anamorphic widescreen I believe, with the same features as the Anchor Bay DVD. Midnight Madness and Bon Voyage are full frame only.

Erwin

Stunt Coordinator
The reason for no $15 titles this week or in recent weeks could be (and this is my theory) that none of titles are true block busters like "Pirates of the Caribean" or "X2". It could also be that they are not part of a chain of sequels that have done well in the past but their recent release didn't do well in the theater and will do well on DVD like "The Rugrats Go Wild" or a Disney Sequel of a major movie.

I just purchased Radio for $15.26 and Alice in Wonderland SE for $17.76 at Wal-Mart. $17.76 is not outstanding for AiW, but this is one the least successful movies of the Disney Animation movies like Robin Hood and the Rescuers.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Hello guys. Mike's done nothing TO me. Rather, he's doing a lot FOR me, by taking custody of the Roundup for a while.

Work's a mess for me. NOT TVShowsOnDVD work, that's not a paying job. At my actual full-time job I work in the IT Dept. We are changing the overall production software used at the site from a package we've used for 5-6 years and highly customized along the way, to a different package that noone on-site has used before but corporate has mandated must be implemented at every site. HQ decided we have until 3/26 to make this change.

The entire dept. is working overtime to make this happen. Failure = for-sure pink slips. I've been put in charge of my section's migration project. I have to learn a new progrmming system ASAP, on my own, with no time to take a course. My first deadline is 2/13, with lots of subsequent deadlines for subsequent steps in the process. I am planning on working 6- or 7- day weeks, and long days every day, from now until well into April or May (gotta support the new system once it's in).

Not only will the Roundup probably miss me for a while, but I may go long periods from the HTF without checking in. Case in point, I haven't been here since last Tuesday, I think it was. Something like that.

So thanks to Mike for filling in, and I hope everyone is quite happy with his work. I am. Thanks for doing it, man.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member

Negative. They are among the few things that will keep me sane in the coming months.

Besides, what else will keep me busy while I'm collecting unemployment? :)

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
David good luck, let us not ever discuss what is down in Mike's basement again...

Seriously though, good look with the whole mess of work you have, and as he's shown the roundup is in capable hands.

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Paul Verhoeven's Flesh + Blood is also coming out on Tuesday. BestBuy.com lists it for $12.99; $10.99 at CC.com DDD has it for under $10.

I wonder if BB will have it in stock on Tuesday.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Well Dave, I wish you a quick migration..

I cannot say how much I have appreciated this weekly thread and comments in general in other threads has always
made me grin...maybe it's the photo.
;)

Regards,

Mark

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

That's gotta be one of the greatest straight lines in a long time. I could go in umptten directions with that one.

How about.....

Well, Mark, he doesn't really look like that ya know. Just ask the mice in my basement!

Anybody else care to try?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks