What's new

Weekly RoundUp 2/22/05 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Robert: Excellent question.

ZtGB showed up on a couple of the new release lists I frequent for this week. However...not all. And, none of the web sites I check for prices listed the release.

Those are usually indicators that it was a release whose date got pushed back.

All I could find, however, were references to the original release from several years ago. If anyone's got some good information on this it would be greatly appreciated.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
$*%^&? Fry's. :angry: Not only didn't they have any copies of The Agony and The Ecstasy in stock, they [rant]didn't even order any![/rant] :angry: :angry: ##$*%? Fry's!

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Anyone know the details on the Wal-mart deal on the Miyazaki titles? Buy 3, get one free?

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Thanks as always Mike and Patrick for putting this together each and every week.

Selected local Wal-Mart (Murrieta, CA) pricing:

The Cat Returns $17.87
Funny Girl / Lady Box Set $16.63
Get Shorty SE $15.87
Heat SE $15.87
I Heart Huckabees (1 Disc) $17.35
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind $17.87
Porco Rosso $17.87
The Shield: S3 $34.87
South Park: S5 $29.87
I didn't see any special at my local Wal-Mart on the Miyazaki titles - and they were all shelved right next to one another (at least the 3 listed above).

James D

Second Unit
It's not a Wal*Mart exclusive for the Miyazaki films. There is a coupon inside the case of the three new Miyazaki films. The deal is-buy the three new DVDs and receive either Castle in the Sky, Kiki's Delivery Service or Spirited Away by mail for $1.99 shipping.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
#%#**(< :angry: First Fry's, and now Circuit City :angry: Best Buy :angry: and Barnes & Noble :angry: don't have any copies of The Agony and The Ecstasy. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

[rant]What do you mean there aren't any DVD copies of The Agony And The Ecstasy in the San Jose metro area![/rant]

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
[gulp] Uh, Borders....did you try Borders? Did you ask any of the stores when you could expect they'd have some in? If they could order one for you?

Um....if anyone sees a copy anywhere in the USA...it sure would help if you'd post it here. You see, it seems someone is mighty desperate to get their hands on a copy of The Agony and the Ecstasy.

Please......anyone???[/gulp]

ChristopherBlig

Stunt Coordinator
If you look closely in the Target ad, the 2 disc I Heart Huckabees is pictured on sale, do you think it'll work as a price match at Best Buy or Circuit City. I know it does say Low Price under but in the middle pictured with Heat and Get Shorty it reads 17.99
Do you think it'll work?

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
If you are not averse to removing proof of purchase tabs from your DVD, buyers of all three new R1 Ghibli releases will find a coupon for a free (plus a couple of bucks shipping and handling) copy of one of the earlier Buena Vista 2-disc Ghibli releases (Castle in the Sky, Spirited Away, or Kiki's Delivery Service). You have to by all three to get the free disc, though.

Regards,

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
checked the computer in the borders in north wilmington delaware and not one had it in stock anywere in the delaware county pa or north delaware state.
also the best buy and CC did not have it in stock or on order.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Not even on order??? I know we should not be surprised by this with regard to a catalog title..but at least you'd think they would show some record of them coming in eventually.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
with CC they cant show on order so it's hard to tell.

my local best buy seems to not be able to see if anything is on order or coming in a future shipment, when looking at the computer.

the borders in store kiosk shows no cpies in any of the 10 stores in this area.
none on the way.
but you may special order it at the cs desk.

Joel Vardy

Supporting Actor

I checked with my local BB last night and the AatE is MIA and will not appear on their shelves in the future :angry: .

Back to the online community. B&M's are getting less and less reliable in carrying catalog titles.

I wonder if this tradition of carrying only B&M prices (other than Amazon) needs to be adjusted to account for the changing face of the industry. Pretty soon no B&M will carry anything beyond titles that are guarranteed blockbusters or a few years-old :frowning: .

Joel

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks