What's new

Weekly RoundUp 2-21-2006 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Yeah, Tony. AtPM is out THIS week. The three movie collection and the other flicks are released individually NEXT week. Go figure. :rolleyes

Bob: You are very welcome! That's interesting about the Best Buy pricing in your area. Lets keep our eyes on it. Report back, if you can, whenever you see it happen.

DanielCo

Stunt Coordinator
I'm pretty sure the pushed AtPM out a week early for President's Day. Not sure why they couldn't have all three out at the same time.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I went to pick up "The Office" at CC yesterday but it was not marked down. Was the discount only in place for President's Day? I did not see any information about the markdown in the circular either. Can someone let me know where the info is coming from so I can go back to CC or price match somewhere else?

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member

How on earth would the older edition qualify as the "Disgrace of the Year"? Which year? So with all due respect, if you're going to bother to correct someone it would be smart of you to check first if you indeed ARE correct, otherwise you look kinda foolish.

d

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
I just discovered that BestBuy.com has also SL 3 priced at $12.99 (and not $16.99). If the BB B&M stores are pricing it at $16.99, order it from BB.com and select in-store pick-up.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill

Looking forward to it...

The 2-hour documentary on disc 2, IMO, is worth the price of the entire package...

- Steve

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Note to Aaron Silverman:

Since there's no Official Review Thread started yet...I thought I'd post this here and you can decide if its something you'd want to mention in your thread.

I was in my local Barnes & Noble tonight browsing through the DVD section (amazed at the disparity of their pricing system) when a customer came in and requested a copy of Rent. the clerk immediately guided her to a display of the 2-disc WS copies of Rent and she replied "I'll take it". (She WAY overpaid for it, BTW! :D )

Anyway, the clerk then suggested to her that she should open it immediately upon getting out to her car because the store had been warned that a certain distributor (undetermined, according to the clerk) had let out many copies which contained two "Disc 2"s in the set and no "Disc 1"s. The customer responded the DVD was going to be a gift. To try and shorten this exchange for our sensitive readers (I know...too late), they opened it on-the-spot and her copy contained the two proper discs. The clerk indicated that the store had been informed that their competitor down-the-road (Borders) had also had problems with incorrect sets.

I can't verify the accuracy of the tale. I'm simply reporting what happened in front of me tonight at my local B&N.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I paid the BB price and did not even get a CC price match. The newspaper would have cost $1.50 to get the ad to save $2.00--kinda silly, I'm afraid.

Thankfully, there were no disc issues with the BB copy, although a mere 90 minutes into new release Tuesday, and there were only three widescreen copies on the shelves, not counting the several copies bundled with (of all things) Godspell. I can see Rent being bundled with Hair, not Godspell--although I later found that Jonathan Larson once played the lead in a production of Godspell.

And there were plenty of copies of the non-widescreen edition. Grrr.

- Steve

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Saturday night, I said:
That $17 price was tempting, but didn't tempt me enough. But then I went to Amazon a little earlier tonight with the intention of buying Action, if it didn't go up in price (which Amazon sometimes does on release day). To my surprise, not only did it not go up in price, but it went down - to $14.99! So by waiting a couple days, I actually saved a couple extra bucks. It cost me $14.75 shipped, after the A9 discount and free 2-day shipping (thanks to my free Amazon Prime trial). :emoji_thumbsup: Amazon!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...v=glance&n=130

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Thanks, Mike! I'll be sure to mention that in the review.

Dave, I promise not to let those Rebel scum escape again!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks