What's new

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
mike-frezon has published a new article.

Weekly Roundup 2-2-2016

WRU-150x150.jpg

gallery_286742_34_147336.jpg

The Features...
Continue reading the original article.

Last edited by a moderator:

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Mike and I are going to be experimenting with the WRU for the next few weeks. I think its going to be a lot easier for him to author it on the main page, and it should get a lot more traffic.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Batman: Bad Blood is on the way...and I had to go through some hoops to make sure it fit into the budget. We're baby stepping our way out of credit card debt (and then the car and house), so every...thing...we...buy...is accounted for. Short term pain for long term gain.

Thanks for your work, Mike!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Batman: Bad Blood is on the way...and I had to go through some hoops to make sure it fit into the budget. We're baby stepping our way out of credit card debt (and then the car and house), so every...thing...we...buy...is accounted for. Short term pain for long term gain.

Jason: Good for you! I've been there. Credit cards are tricky, tricky business. If you don't use them wisely, you can find yourself in a deep hole, quickly. Best of luck.

It's cool to think my little effort here might be of some help to you as it pertains to any kind of discretionary spending you might still have at your disposal. :thumbsup:

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Thanks Mike! You should see the workbook we have going at home. We're both slated to pay off all credit cards by March 5 (thanks to some tax refunds). And then we start working on Andrey's car and the house.

A lot of credit goes to Andrey...he really kicked me into gear to do this. He motivated, I put together the workbooks. (And Dave Ramsey for keeping my confidence up every single day.)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thanks for your work as usual, Mike. It feels weird not getting the big Disney release this week, but I'm sticking with my original Diamond Edition of Snow White, as the nominal gains in bonus features do not offset the massive losses, and the original Blu-ray really didn't leave anything to be desired anyway. I might get Bridge of Spies down the line when it's cheap, but not for $22.99 I won't.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hey everybody!

I'm glad you have all been able to find this week's effort! Big thanks to Adam Gregorich for figuring out a new system on posting up the RoundUps each week. Now he'll just need to figure out how to explain it to me so that this feeble mind can understand it! :biggrin:

And for those who came looking early on and saw just the placeholder in the OP, there is now a link in the OP which takes you to a magical place where the RoundUp is available for viewing!

As I like to remember to do each week...thanks to everyone for their "likes." They are always noted and appreciated.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Thanks Mike! You should see the workbook we have going at home. We're both slated to pay off all credit cards by March 5 (thanks to some tax refunds). And then we start working on Andrey's car and the house.

A lot of credit goes to Andrey...he really kicked me into gear to do this. He motivated, I put together the workbooks. (And Dave Ramsey for keeping my confidence up every single day.)

A little discipline goes a very long way on these matters. And it's always good for one of the parties involved to have that discipline! :biggrin:

Thanks for your work as usual, Mike. It feels weird not getting the big Disney release this week, but I'm sticking with my original Diamond Edition of Snow White, as the nominal gains in bonus features do not offset the massive losses, and the original Blu-ray really didn't leave anything to be desired anyway. I might get Bridge of Spies down the line when it's cheap, but not for $22.99 I won't.

Couldn't agree more, Jake. The last Blu-ray of Snow White will be just fine for me. We'll see if UHD convinces us otherwise seven years from now.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Hey everybody!

I'm glad you have all been able to find this week's effort! Big thanks to Adam Gregorich for figuring out a new system on posting up the RoundUps each week. Now he'll just need to figure out how to explain it to me so that this feeble mind can understand it! :D

And for those who came looking early on and saw just the placeholder in the OP, there is now a link in the OP which takes you to a magical place where the RoundUp is available for viewing!

As I like to remember to do each week...thanks to everyone for their "likes." They are always noted and appreciated.

Is that the way it will be from now on? A seperate article and then the thread?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Is that the way it will be from now on? A seperate article and then the thread?

Not exactly sure at this stage. There's a ton of formatting issues and we are still working things out.

Opinions? (Not that I can guarantee we'll be able to accommodate however you folks might react.)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Given that the thread's posts are reproduced as comments under the article anyway, what exactly is the point of linking to an article instead of just posting the whole WRU in the thread like always? Not a complaint here -- just literally asking.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Not exactly sure at this stage. There's a ton of formatting issues and we are still working things out.

Opinions? (Not that I can guarantee we'll be able to accommodate however you folks might react.)

I personally liked it where the content was available in the forum without having to go to a separate area (especially when it opens in a new tab or window).

Robert McLay

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert
Is anyone reading this through Tapatalk? The link is taking me to an archive area, which wasn't a weekly Roundup

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks