What's new

Weekly Roundup 2/18 (1 Viewer)

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
What happened to Tuck Everlasting? I thought that was being released this week, but it wasn't in any sales circulars.

Chris

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Tuck is next week.

What is Cinema Paradiso? I guess I'll be made fun of, but I've never heard of it. I'll check IMDB later, if noone answers. Gotta go shave and get ready for work...

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Anyone happen to know what "Spy Kids" (the original, not the sequel) is going for at Best Buy (B&M)? I'm trying to figure out whether to go for the Toys 'R Us deal on SK2 -- and search for the lowest price on the first one -- or pick them both up at Best Buy for the $5 off deal. Looking for the lowest combined price.
Maybe you can get BB to price match the TRU ad for Spy Kids 2. Then still have the $5 off on Spy Kids.

Mike Kelly

Stunt Coordinator
Jack: Cinema Paradiso was selected Best Foreign Language Film in 1989. It is the story of a famous Italian director who returns to his small Sicilian hometown after being away for many years. Told in flashback, it covers his youth and the friendship he develops with a father figure, a crusty projectionist at the town's only cinema. It also tells of his first love and love lost.

This DVD is a new version that contains about 50 more minutes and runs almost three hours. The disc also includes the original version. The score by the great Ennio Morricone is one of his best, with two recurring themes that are truly beautiful. Cinema Paradiso is one of the best films about our love affair with movies; a haunting, touching story that has I think, one of the great endings in cinema history.

ace peterson

Second Unit
Thanks once again for the efforts, Dave. I look forward to the RoundUp each week! I'll be picking up The Four Feathers this week, which I found to be difficult to price. A lot of ads don't even feature this DVD... And Best Buy is a real let down on their price this time. I would expect better from them.

Ace

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Everyone is welcome, of course. Ace: Looks like you're heading to CC for $15.99 or to Target for what will likely be $16.99...either one is decent, eh?

Mike, thanks for the Cinema Paradiso explanation. Sorry I can't include every item in the Roundup.

Joey Dee

Auditioning
Heads up for anybody in UT, NV, or ID. You can pick up MBFGW for $9.99 today. R. C. Willey will probably be out by noon, but take their ad to Blockbuster for the price match. I did this yesterday. I had to go to three different Blockbusters but once I found a copy they had no problem matching the price

Joey

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Here is a link to an online version of the Toys R Us ad showing Spy Kids 2 DVD for just $14.99:

{LINK}

I just called my local Wal-Mart super center and informed them about this price and the CompUSA ad price for MASH S3, just so they knew about the competition to beat. This way I'll walk in the door tomorrow and get a no-hassle, no-ad-needed better price! Yeah, I'm a stinker...and in weather as nasty as it's getting to be, one-stop-shopping is a dream! :D

ChuckDeLa

Senior HTF Member
So Return of the Swamp Thing is worthy of inclusion, but Cinema Paradiso isn't? :rolleyes

And what about Angel season 1? Is that still coming out tomorrow?

Jodee

Screenwriter
Here's a few other notable new releases:

All or Nothing - new Mike Leigh film, great reviews. Gonna rent it, but I wish they'd also release Leigh's Secrets & Lies
Cinema Paradiso - wasn't going to buy this but now I know it has the original cut I'll definitely get it.
How to Beat the High Cost of Living - A cable Tv favorite, although I think it's P&S
Lady Jane - saw this on cable eons ago, pretty good. Helena Bonham Carter in an early role.

I have Stargate & Color Purple on order.

Also gonna pick up One Hour Photo and maybe Spy Kids 2. Also want Cinema Paradiso & Metropois, but I think I'll have to order those online for the best deal. Same with Monster's Ball.

Bob Pierce

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks, Dan, Dave and John for the suggestions on getting the lowest price on Spy Kids + SK2! Thanks to Mother Nature, there's no chance I'll be going out tomorrow, but come Wednesday, I'll be in line at BB with the TRU ad! :D

Good hunting,

- Bob

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Dave makes no judgement of what is worthy and what isn't. He just doesn't happen to be interested in CP, apparently. So chill.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Glen: You're welcome.

David Williams & Malcolm R: Thanks for the help. :) Esp. to Malcolm; well-put! I never even heard of the other film before. Geez.

Bob, good luck with the weather!

Jodee, you missed this in the Roundup post:

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Everyone! Keep in mind David does this on his own free time, unpaid! This ain't his job! And we're all big boys & girls. Have a movie you want to see included? This is an open thread! Do your own research and post it (like Patrick does, his little addendums) and share the wealth.

Man some people act like they're entitled to this thread and that Dave's on the payroll or something!

EricCr

Stunt Coordinator
Will be getting Stargate and a price adjust on Predator 2 that is now a couple dollars cheaper than what I paid for it at CC. Thanks Dave for the quote, I agree that people in general appear to have moved on really fast after the tragedy and need to be reminded of what happened so very recently.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for another great roundup! This will be my busiest week of 2003 so far, as I'll be getting ONE HOUR PHOTO, RULES OF ATTRACTION, STARGATE UE and CINEMA PARADISO this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks