What's new

Weekly RoundUp 2-13-2007 (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
the steve martin collection from the link is listed as all 16x9 enhanced but i dont see were it says remastered

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
never mind i see it.

"Each film is digitally remastered for optimal laughs, and this must-have collection includes such comedy greats as Bernadette Peters, Charles Grodin and Carl Reiner. Find out why this "wild and crazy guy" has had America laughing in film after fantastically funny film!
"

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
That Gloria Swanson set just seems too good to pass up!
Thanks!

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Mike,

Thanks for the info. While the remastered news is great, I'm afraid that the 1:29 running time on Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid means that the gas station scene will still be cut. :frowning:

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Thanks as always Mike & Patrick.

I picked-up Barnyard & World Trade Center today at Best Buy for $9.99 each and I'll be getting The Departed on Tuesday.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Just ordered Shock to the System on Friday, making it the first official purchase of 2007. I'm going to have to pass on The Departed right now, though I think I'm shooting myself in the foot. And I'm not even going to look at the catalogue titles on sale. It'll just make me depressed. :)

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
I'm mulling over getting The Departed. And I need to pick up Ben 10 Season 1 from last week for my son. It slipped under my radar!

Dennis Heller

Second Unit
I don't know how this will turn out, but I just ordered The Departed HD DVD on Best Buy online for $22.99 for local pickup.

Jeff Brooks

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeff Brooks
I noticed that Best buy does not seem to be discounting Blu-Ray titles at all. Are the prices mentioned above for The Departed, The Italian Job, etc., for this week really sale prices? Another reason I want to know is that I just receive some coupons that run from the 16th through the 19th, (sorry Mike!), and I know my BB won't give me the discount if they consider the titles to already be marked-down. Also, a blue shirt warned me yesterday that my local store will only have three copies of The Departed in Blu-Ray.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
For anyone interested, I just got back from my local Sam's Club and they had the six disc set, Beauty and the Beast: Season 1, for $29.99. $10 less than BB and CC.

Len Berkoski

Stunt Coordinator
Has anybody seen the Tom Hanks or Steve Martin collections at Sam's Club or Costco? I stopped by my local Costco (Arundel Mills, MD), and they did NOT have them.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Can anyone comment on the actual features of the BB and Target exclusive editions of The Departed? Is there any additional DVD content in either beyond the standard 2-disc edition, or is it just packaging/ poster cards at BB and the script at Target?

Douglas-M

Auditioning
Real Name
Douglas
I second Aaron's question exactly! While the Best Buy and Target promotions for The Departed two-disk edition are clear about the exclusive packaging, postcards and script, they also refer to exclusive content. However, even looking at the actual packages, I don't see that there is exclusive content. I've looked everywhere I can imagine online but can find no additional info. Has anyone purchased either of these who can confirm anything? Thanks!

FranklinC

Stunt Coordinator
The BB steelbook version has no additional DVD content from the two disk version -- just four, postcard-sized prints of what appear to be the theatrical posters. The packaging is pretty awesome, though.

I can't speak to the Target version, because I haven't seen it. I am curious about it as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks