What's new

Weekly RoundUp 2-12-2013 (1 Viewer)

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Is the BB "upgrade and save" deal still on, or done with for now? I got distracted and forgot to get back there. No biggie either way.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
It ended on February 2nd. But I expect another round in a few months, so April/May.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Len Berkoski said:
Skyfall was $18.99 at my local Costco (MD).
Despite being listed on the shelf and on the website as $24.96, at Walmart the Skyfall Blu-Ray/DVD combo pack was listed in the local ad and rang up as $18.96.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Adam Lenhardt said:
Despite being listed on the shelf and on the website as $24.96, at Walmart the Skyfall Blu-Ray/DVD combo pack was listed in the local ad and rang up as $18.96.
Same here at my non-competitive Walmart. I've noticed a couple of "stealth" sales on blu-rays recently. I believe "Men in Black 3" rang up at $17.96 even though the shelf tags said something like $22.96 or $24.96. I usually check them on one of the in-store price scanners now, to see what the "real" price is. Though for "Skyfall," the big display near the front door did show the combo set for $18.96 (oddly, the blu-ray only was priced at $19.96), while the shelf tags in the Electronics area listed it at $24.96.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I put up the review for The Sessions earlier this evening. It can be found here.
Skyfall came in late this afternoon, so I hope to have that review up tomorrow evening.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Chas in CT said:
Is the BB "upgrade and save"deal still on, or done with for now? I got distracted and forgot to get back there. No biggie either way.
I was waiting for the next BB "upgrade and save" deal when many 3D titles were $14.99 and $19.99. When BB finally started it a few weeks ago, those same titles were now $29.99 and $34.99.

Charles Smith

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Originally Posted by RolandL
Originally Posted by Chas in CT
Is the BB "upgrade and save"deal still on, or done with for now? I got distracted and forgot to get back there. No biggie either way.
I was waiting for the next BB "upgrade and save" deal when many 3D titles were $14.99 and $19.99. When BB finally started it a few weeks ago, those same titles were now $29.99 and $34.99.

My store had one rack of 3D titles on sale for $19.99 at the very beginning of the last deal -- and that's exactly where I spent three of those coupons.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
A couple of weeks ago, TonyD reported that during BB"s Upgrade & Save sale that BB had Beasts of the Southern Wild on sale for $15.99. I immediately went to my local BB and found that they had none in stock. They also had little of anything else.
Tonight, I was back and decided to take some pictures of my local BB's sale shelves:

Does this look like your BB?
Hah, store that would never send me your "Preferred Customer" coupons! Payback time, baby!

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Good lord! Those are some bare shelves. Either Blu-ray is the most popular format in the history of home video or someone isn't stocking their shelves.
BTW, the Skyfall review can be found here.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
my store after or near the end of trade and save looks like that.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
That's ALL THE TIME at my store. Maybe Adam Lenhardt or Ric Easton will pop in here and back me up!
BTW, the couple of times I've been back since I had gone looking for Beasts of the Southern Wild they have NOT been in stock.
That particular display is in the last picture. The $15.99 titles are on the second-from-the-bottom shelf.

Charles Smith

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
My store looks almost that bad at times, but I've never had reason to associate it with Upgrade and Save. It's too frequent for that. I just take it to mean the outside company doing the stocking is completely asleep at the switch. At some point the racks fill up halfway decently (not great, but halfway decently), and the cycle begins anew. And these cycles seem to have gotten longer and longer over the past year or so.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Ooooooh! 4.5s and 5s across the board.

I really liked this film. Too bad it didn't get a BP nomination.
It was a jillion times better than Beasts of the Southern Wild.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Mike Frezon said:
Ooooooh!  4.5s and 5s across the board.  :tu: I really liked this film.  Too bad it didn't get a BP nomination. It was a jillion times better than Beasts of the Southern Wild.
Well, at least the British recognized the quality of its own produced film. It won the BAFTA last Sunday as the Best British-produced film of the year. (Argo won Best Picture.)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon said:
That's ALL THE TIME at my store.  Maybe Adam Lenhardt or Ric Easton will pop in here and back me up!
Yeah, it's definitely been slim pickin's for a while now. If I want a new release, I almost always buy it online for in-store pickup now, because I don't trust them to have it in stock by the time I get out of work.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
My visits to BB are few and far between these days, but last time I was there, the movie shelves were pretty well stocked. I think it was right before Hanukkah, since the last thing I recall buying there was a uDraw for my kid. Great peripheral for the $10 it currently goes for, BTW. :) Too bad there are only a couple of games for it.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Mike, if I were you I'd call Best Buy corporate customer service and let them know that your local store isn't being properly stocked. After the "Jaws" fiasco, the "white shirts" were put on notice. You may also want to ask to speak with the store GM and tell him that you are rather disappointed with the stores recent lack of movie inventory. That should give the third party a good swift kick in the pants, and possibly earn you a gift card.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks