What's new

Weekly RoundUp 2/1/05 (1 Viewer)

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
While I want to get Brak show and Sealab (plus Ray), I rather unsure if I want to get any dvds this week. Oh well, thanks for the roundup anyway Mikey.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Big week for me too. All TV stuff too:)

The Brak Show: Volume One
Oz: Season Four
Sealab 2021: Volume Two
Wonderfalls: Season One

And depending on funds, I Love Lucy: Season Three.

Eric, according to TV Shows On DVD, Paramount is releasing I Love Lucy: Season One again. It's the same content just in a different box so, fortunately, it's no big deal.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=2746

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
:emoji_thumbsup: to Target for coming through with the great price on Chariots Of Fire, one of my most anticipated releases this year.

What is so special about the Ray 2-disc SE that it's so pricy?? Geez!!

Thanks as always, Mike & Pat.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Definitely Chariots of Fire at Target for me. I didn't realize the SE was coming out this week. I don't know how I had missed the announcement before this.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S

You're probably wondering about the "Ray/1-disc DVS". That is the blind and low vision enhanced version.

Chris S.

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
Degrassi Jr. High finally being released!! The pinnacle of Canadian television. :emoji_thumbsup:

The price for Karate Kid Collection here is great too! Only $5 or so more than the cost of one new release. Although I'm really only interested in Part 1, the price makes this a no-brainer purchase for me.

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Thanks as always Mike and Patrick.

My wants this week:
Bodyguard SE
Chariots of Fire SE
Karate Kid Collection
Mulan II
Ray
Shall We Dance (2004)
Star Chamber

Other Ad Pricing:

Fry's Electronics:

The Grudge - Low Price
Ray - $14.99

Price Good for One Day 2/1/05 Only
Limit One Title Per Customer

CompUSA

The Grudge
Shall We Dance (2004)
Both Titles Noted: "Get Select New Releases for Just $14.99 EACH!"

Friday Night Lights - $14.99 ($19.99 - $5.00 Instant Savings)

Nick T Robot

Supporting Actor
I don't know if this was for sale last week, but Costco has a 2 pack Predator SE and Predator 2 SE for $17.99 with a $5 coupon for Alien Vs. Predator (which brings that DVD to $13.XX)

I already had Predator SE a few months ago, so this did me no good.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Well, a big week of wants this week, but what I will actually buy is left to be decided.

For sure I am buying Brak Show and Sealab 2021

Other wants...
Cheers s4, Frasier s4, and I did not know Chariots of Fire was coming out this week...

Also a want, but I'll probably wait on is WWE: RVD, 1 of a kind

I'll probably by NWA:TNA: Best of America's Most Wanted as well.

Thanks for the roundup guys!

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
jeff the 2 for 20 at target is already posted in post #2.

i hope to pick up chariots.
i gave never seen it as i have been waiting for the right version to come out.
i guess now it has.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

This looks like the same ploy/strategy as with The Terminal. And, both are Universal/Dreamworks titles, eh? I wouldn't mind the gambit...except the two-discs are so darn expensive!

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
I'm stunned that there aren't any online reviews yet for the SE of Chariots of Fire.....I've looked all over the web and all I see are bad reviews for the old P&S version. This is a blind buy for me but geez..... This is an important film. I'm amazed that nobody has received a review copy as of this time.

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
TonyD - Thanks for pointing that out. I completely missed the Target list in Patrick's post (I thought it was the Best Buy list). Doh!

Patrick - Sorry for the duplicate Target listing. I've deleted the Target listing from my original post.

A note on the Target deal - you can buy the titles for $10 each (without having to buy 2 DVD's). I made a brief stop in Target today and picked-up Hellboy: SE only for $10 on the 2 for $20 deal.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Tough call, Dave.

Great film. Best picture - 1981.

However, I remember being wishy-washy the first time I saw it (close to the time of release). Since then I've grown much closer to the subject material and have been anxiously awaiting a re-visit.

English accents abound...along with Vangelis' soundtrack. But the plot of two young Olympic athletes who face difficult decisions about their careers because of their strong religious beliefs is solid.

"Blind buy?" is always a tough question unless you know the asker really well. If the asker is mostly into action movies (with lots of stuff blowing up) then the answer on Chariots would be no. But if you are into well-done drama and some beautiful cinematography, costumes and an oscar-winning score, it may be for you.

I'm looking very much forward to getting reacquainted with Chariots of Fire.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks