What's new

Weekly Roundup 12/9 (1 Viewer)

MartinTeller

Screenwriter
I already figured out my purchases from the Sunday paper (Buffy with the free movie at BB and a price match on Firefly) but thanks as always, David!

For anyone with a Fred Meyer in their area, they also have a $35.99 price on Firefly. Don't remember any of their other prices, though.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Just M*A*S*H for me. Probably via Wal-Mart and will probably wait awhile on it. It has been and will continue to be a quiet December for me, new release DVD-wise.

January is going to be costly.

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
Chances are I will not get Buffy this week, as I still stuck watching Angel season 2 (collage has delayed my viewing pleasure of this dvd for me). Thanks for the roundup Dave.

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
Scarface Deluxe set $47.99
I assume that the new Scarface DVD is part of the Deluxe set, right? What has been the verdict on the transfer? I want to buy this for my brother in law but if there isn't an appreciable upgrade in the video quality, I won't bother.

Bruce

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
At last, a week off...so I can start chipping away away the cost of an ISF calibration. Thanks anyway, David!

- Steve

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug

Yes it's a new 2 disc edition, another multiple-release-of-the-same-title-by-Artisan job. The most important thing about this third release is that it features a brand-new anamorphic transfer of the film. The previous two releases were non-anamorphic and image quality was subpar. From the reviews I've read the new Dirty Dancing transfer is quite good. This is a must-buy for my wife.

Matt Hamand

Agent
Costco will have Firefly this week. There was a stray copy on the shelves at Costco (Carmel Mountain Ranch in San Diego) last week. They wouldn't sell it to me when I went to check out. The price was somewhere around $32-33.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Taking the opportunity to pick up the McLean Stevenson episodes of MASH at BB, but it looks like Amazon's the place to go for Buffy. But then again, given the history of scratched-up floaters in the Buffy boxes maybe I should pay the extra 7 bucks to make sure I can return the thing.

Howard Glenn

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Dave!

It looks like Deep Discount DVD has the best price on Horatio Hornblower at $22.37 shipped.

Also, Outpost.com has Buffy Season 5 for $37.99.

Howie

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
In case this applies to anyone, STRAWBERRIES will have Dirty Dancing Ultimate Edition for $9.99 this week through Wednesday.

Matty P

Stunt Coordinator
Just from casually looking at the Best Buy ad...does it look like to everyone else think the price for Rage Against the Machine's new DVD will be $9.99 on Tuesday? I hope so!

DeborahK

Supporting Actor
I have BUFFY already on the way from Amazon, but I may have to break down and buy the new Muppets disk. Also, FIREFLY is tempting. I have not been buying anything for myself for many weeks, because of Xmas and the extra expenses it entails, but it may just be too hard to hold out this time.

Thanks, as always, for the Roundup.

Deborah

Daryl Stovall

Second Unit
Yep. Quiet week this week, with the exception of Buffy, Firefly & M.A.S.H., but we all know that this is the quiet before storm. I was checking out the release schedule on TVONDVD.COM from Jan. - Mar. 2004 and me checking account was quivering in the corner, muttering "Lawsy, Lawsy, Lawsy" :D

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Ditto on the "nothing for me this week"! (I wouldn't take Bad Boys 2 for free. ;) )

Happy Holidays to the Lambert Family!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks