JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Is it my imagination, or are some of these retailers trying to pull a fast one with some of their recent "sales". I mean, $10 for movies like Sweet Home Alabama and Coyote Ugly hardly seems like a deal.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member

Too late for you now, but as a possible indication for further sales, the first four seasons of 24 were on sale for $16 each at Target during Thanksgiving. Maybe they'll do that again before Christmas.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
GREAT DEAL ALERT at Target:
I didn't notice this in the flyer, but saw it in-store (guess I missed it on the back page!) Target has Pepsi 12 packs on sale 4/$10 AND you get a $5 gift card! I stocked up and am using the gift cards towards SNL on Tuesday, which ALSO gets me a $5 gift card! Now THAT'S a better deal than that darn Market Pantry Flavored Water deal from last summer! (that was for you Mike Frezon!)

James D

Second Unit
Thanks for the heads-up! My Target ad says that it's 4 for $12, not 4 for $10(maybe it's regional pricing). The ad also says that it's a limit of 1 gift card per guest. Were you able to get multiple gift cards on the same transaction or did you have to keep going in and out of the store?

James D

Second Unit
You can get POTC-Dead Man's Chest for free with the purchase of $20 worth of certain groceries at Stop & Shop(a Northeastern chain). You need to buy $20 worth of groceries from the following list(you must use your S&S card)-

Lay's Potato Chips(on sale for 2 for $5)
Edy's Ice Cream(on sale for $2.22)
Gatorade 32 Ounce Sports Drink(on sale for $1 each)
Aqualine Sparkling or Splash 6 Pack of Water(on sale for $2.99).

A $20 coupon will print out at the register if you meet the $20 minimum. The Curse of the Black Pearl is pictured in the sales circular, but it is for Dead Man's Chest. It doesn't say if it's for the 1 disc or the 2 disc version, but I feel strongly that it'll be for the 1 disc version.

2 bags of potato chips, 2 cartons of ice cream and 11 bottles of Gatorade later and I'll have POTC for free come this Tuesday.:)

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Thanks, Mike and Patrick. 24 Season 5 at Target (their bonus disc seems better than BB's) and SNL Season 1 for me this week.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

THAT is definitely a deal I've had my eye on for the past week already, Eric! :emoji_thumbsup: My flyer, however, also says 4/$12 with the $5 gift card.

And, the lack of a picture of the SNL: Season 1 cast WAS, indeed, a serious omission on my part. Thanks to Jeff for helping out! ;)

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
And no Survivor: Vanuatu pic either? :) (Well, it's the worst season IMHO so I'll let it slide)

Now to place some calls to some people subtly reminding them that the Survivor and SNL releases would be great Christmas gifts. ;)

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, forgot that Pepsi might be regionally priced, but it's still a pretty good deal... and with three Targets in the vicinity I just did a little "hopping" from store to store.

(Mike: Do you have a Market Pantry icon too?)

Bonnie*F

Stunt Coordinator
An ***AHEM un-named store*** in Central New York NY had Animaniacs Vol.2 on the shelf on Saturday priced at $31.99. Didn't pick it up since I figured there were better prices once Tuesday came. Guess someone jumped the gun by a couple of days...

Going to pick up the following this week.
Animaniacs vol.2
Pinky and the Brain vol.2
POTCDMC 2-disc

$$ is a bit short this week and next since I'm moving Friday. Hopefully I can pickup the Charlie Chan Collection vol. 2 in the next few weeks.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Just a quiet reminder to Bonnie and other RoundUppers. The powers-that-be at the HTF don't like members pointing out stores that break street date on new release titles. It's a pretty strict rule around here. It's okay to report what you found...and how happy you are to have it...or how high the price is...but don't name names! ;)

In the meantime, Bonnie. Good luck with the move. Get lots of friends to help...and I hope Charlie Chan finds you at your new home! :D

Greg Layton

Second Unit
Real Name
Greg Layton
SNL should arrive at my doorstep on Tuesday, along with Seinfeld S7. Lots of DVD watching coming up for me this week. :)

Daryl Stovall

Second Unit
Thanks for the prices. It's going to be an expensive week indeed.

1) POTC: DMC 2 Disk
2) Miami Vice UR
3) Pinky and the Brain Season 2
4) Animaniacs Season 2
5) 24 Season 5
6) Mission Impossible Season 1
7) SNL Season 1

Bonnie*F

Stunt Coordinator

Friends have been helping take additional stuff to a private storage unit. Got an old friend of the family who is a professional mover bringing his crew to do the actual move. Thanks!

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
You may want to check out Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest at Overstock.com:

1-Disc (WS/DVD) $14.91 + $1.40 shipping = $16.31

2-Disc Special Edition (WS/DVD) $19.91 + $1.40 shipping = $21.31

OK, so the prices are nothing great - the price on the 1-Disc is higher than the B&M's in the grid and the 2-Disc is in-line with Amazon's pricing. The real deal at Overstock.com begins tomorrow (Tues 12/5 @ 12 noon ET):
Overstock.com is celebrating the 12 days of Christmas by bringing you 12 great products at dramatically discounted prices at 12 noon ET each day! Here’s the low down:
  • One product featured per day.
  • Sold at an unbeatable price.
  • A limited quantity available, so get it before it’s gone.
  • Sale starts at 12 noon Eastern each day.
On the first day of Christmas, Overstock brings you . . . One Sexy Pirate!

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (WS/DVD)
Special Price $9.99

$1 Flat Rate Shipping

Overstock 12 Days O' Christmas
FYI - No sales tax on Overstock.com orders unless shipping to Utah or Indiana addresses.

EDITED - Oops, mixed up Overstock and Outpost.
htf_images_smilies_blush.gif

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I take it you mean "Overstock" and not "Outpost" in that last link title. I was getting confused until I realized you were still talking about the deals at Overstock.

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the catch Patrick. Post has been corrected. I must have been half-asleep when I posted that one.
htf_images_smilies_blush.gif

EmmaAU

Agent

Two years ago I got season 1 of 24 for $14.99 at amazon. Last year around this time I got seasons 2 & 3 for $19.99 at Best Buy. I'm hoping to get season 4 for around the same price this year. I can't get into the stores so it has to be an online special. If you wait long enough you get the price you want :).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks