1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Weekly RoundUp 12-27-2011

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by Mike Frezon, Dec 24, 2011.

1. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

[​IMG]

The Features

[​IMG]
    – Emmy Rossum & Justin Chatwin (Shameless – 2011)

[​IMG]
    – Apollo 18 – 2011

[​IMG]
    –Ludivine Saugner & Kristen Scott Thomas (Love Crime – 2010)

[​IMG]
    –Jeremy Irons & cast (The Borgias – 2011)

[​IMG]
    – Jacqueline MacInnes-Wood (Final Destination 5– 2011)

[​IMG]
    – The Pool Boys – 2010

The Prices
    [​IMG]
    Click on the Amazon price to buy from Amazon and support HTF!

Any clickable link on a title listed below will take you to our own HTF review!

SD-DVD TITLE

Amazon

BestBuy

Target

The Amityville Haunting

$12.99

$12.99

Apollo 18

$14.99

$19.99

$17.99

Archer: Season 2

$19.99

$19.99

The Borgias: Season 1

$29.99

$29.99

$29.99

Brighton Rock

$18.99

$19.99

Chop

$14.99

$14.99

Dirty Country

$14.99

Final Destination 5

$14.99

$14.99

$14.99

The First Grader

$14.99

$14.99

Game Time

$14.99

$24.99

A Good Old Fashioned Orgy

$21.99

$24.99

Hostel: Part III (NR)

$15.99

$19.99

The Hunters

$14.99

$24.99

In the Name of the King 2: Two Worlds

$16.99

$12.99

The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret: Season 1

$19.99

$19.99

Inside Out

$14.99

$14.99

Jane's Journey

$21.49

$24.99

Jersey Shore Uncensored: Season 4

$14.99

$14.99

Looney Tunes Super Stars: Pepe Le Pew Collection

$14.99

$14.99

Love Crime

$19.99

$19.99

Pete Smalls is Dead

$15.99

$24.99

The Pool Boys

$14.99

$14.99

Shameless: Season 1

$27.99

$27.99

$39.99

Tuesday, After Christmas

$26.99

$24.99

[​IMG]
    Click on the Amazon price to buy from Amazon and support HTF!

Any clickable link on a title listed below will take you to our own HTF review!

BLU-RAY TITLE

Amazon

BestBuy

Target

The Amityville Haunting

$19.99

$19.99

Apollo 18

$24.99

$24.99

$24.99

Archer: Season 2

$24.99

$27.99

The Borgias: Season 1

$37.99

$37.99

Buck

$21.99

$24.99

Final Destination 5

$19.99

$19.99

$19.99

Final Destination 5 (Combo Pack)

$22.99

$22.99

$22.99

Final Destination 5 (3-D) (Combo Pack) (Best Buy Exclusive)

$24.99

In the Name of the King 2: Two Worlds

$20.99

$17.99

Inside Out

$20.99

$24.99

The Pool Boys

$16.99

$24.99

Shameless: Season 1

$34.99

$34.99

$44.99

Sid & Nancy (25th Anniversary Edition)

$18.49

$24.99

(CC) after a title = New release in the Criterion Collection.

The Disclaimer

Standard disclaimer: All prices are taken from the websites of each chain, or from their printed Sunday advertisements. All prices are subject to change by each chain. Prices and inventory in-store may or may not match the website price.

I, obviously, cannot include EVERY title released in a given week in the RoundUp
    . The titles included are those that I am interested in...as well as those which I consider will be of interest to a majority of consumers (and sometimes I’ll miss one!). I don't get paid for this, and I don't have the time to list every DVD. So, please don't complain!
    If there is a title not included in the RoundUp that you want to see, PLEASE just look it up yourself, and be nice enough to post and share the results with everyone!

Note that I cannot include Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club prices in the RoundUp. They set prices at individual stores based on nearby competition, so there is no way I can say here what price you'll find at YOUR local Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club location. And, Circuit City is still out of business...even in Hawaii (where they NEVER guaranteed their prices anyway).

The Specials

--Rounduppers: I put this week's Roundup to bed a little earlier than usual this week to have it done early in anticipation of the holiday weekend. This means there is a slightly higher-chance-than-usual that amazon's prices might have been changed (as they tend to tweak prices just before release week. There's always a lot of jockeying for position in the starting gate as it were...).

--Merry Christmas to ALL! [​IMG]

--Best Buy has a GREAT sale this week on the recently released Blu-rays of Rise of the Planet of the Apes and Kung Fu Panda 2. Each title will be $14.99 this week.

--The first three Final Destination flicks are on sale at BB this week ($4.99 DVD/$9.99 Blu).

--Best Buy has an EXCLUSIVE 3-D Blu-ray release, this week, of Final Destination 5 for $24.99.

--Best Buy has the following Disney movies on sale this week ($14.99 DVD/$19.99 Blu): The Lion King, Dumbo, Winnie the Pooh (2011). Also the 3-D Blu of The Lion King is $24.99.

--Best Buy has the following Blu-ray releases on sale this week:

$9.99: Salt, Twilight: Eclipse, Boondock Saints, Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, The Town (Extended), Dazed & Confused.

$12.99: X-Men: 1st Class, Scarface, Battle: Los Angeles, The Big Lebowski, Scream 4, Rio.

$14.99: Rise of the Planet of the Apes, Kung Fu Panda 2.

--Best Buy has the following TV Shows on DVD on sale this week (all prices are for individual DVD seasons unless otherwise noted):

$14.99: Smallville: Seasons 1-10, Fringe: S 1-2, Community: S 1-2, Parenthood: S2, Chuck: S 1-3, The Mentalist: S 1-2, The Vampire Diaries: S1, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia: S6, Mad Men: S3 (DVD and Blu-ray), and Weeds: Season 5 9DVD and Blu-ray).

$18.99: Sons of Anarchy: S3, House: S7, Fringe: S3, How I Met Your Mother: S6, Parks & Recreation: S3, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia: S6 (Blu-ray).

$24.99: True Blood: S3, Modern Family: S2, NCIS-LA: S1, The Office: S7, Hawaii 5-0: S1, The Good Wife: S2, Criminal Minds: S6, Sons of Anarchy: S3 (Blu-ray), House: S7 (Blu-ray), Fringe: S3, Smallville: S10.

$29.99: True Blood: S3 (Blu-ray),
    Modern Family: S2 (Blu-ray), NCIS-LA: S1 (Blu-ray), The Office: S7 (Blu-ray).

--Best Buy Odds and Ends: Lists of DVDs for $5.99 & $7.99 apiece.

Target has EXCLUSIVE BONUS CONTENT on its copies of Season 1 of The Borgias. The flyer ad is characteristically vague as to whether that exclusive content is on just the DVD, just the Blu-ray or on both formats. Get over 90 minutes of bonus interviews, featurettes, podcasts and more.

--Target this week has the following recent releases on sale for $14.99: The Help (Blu-ray), Fast Five (Blu), Friends With Benefits (Blu), MegaMind (Blu)...and on DVD: Dexter: Season 5, True Blood: S3, Castle: S3, The Office: S7.

--Target also has the following discs on sale this week (all DVD unless otherwise noted):

$9.99: Walking Dead: S1, Entourage: S7, Eastbound & Down: S2, Parenthood: S2, Weeds: S6, Mad Men: S 1-4 (apiece), Bad Teacher, Water for Elephants, Bourne Ultimatum (blu-ray), The Hangover (blu-ray).

$14.99: It's Always Sunny in Philadephia: S6, Psych: S5, Gossip Girl: S4, Glee: S2 Volume 1, Glee: Season 2 Volume 2, How I Met Your Mother: S6, Mike & Molly: S1, Spartacus: S1, House: S7, I Am Number Four (blu-ray, HP & Deathly Hallows Part 2 (Blu-ray Combo Pack with exclusive video).

$19.99: True Blood: Season 1, True Blood, S2, Burn Notice: S4, Grey's Anatomy: S7, Smallville: S10

--Target Odds and Ends: A list of DVDs for $4.49.

2. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

Merry Christmas, everyone!

3. Bill Thomann

Bill Thomann Supporting Actor

Merry Christmas Mike. Nothing for me & nothing in the foreseeable future now that all of the Summer blockbusters have been released. And my home theater purchases from just before BF just turned into $65 in Reward Zone certificates burning a hole in my pocket with nothing to buy.

4. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

I'm definitely going to take advantage of the $14.99 Rise of the Planet of the Apes at BB this week...and Parenthood: S2 for $9.99 @ Target (Boy, am I glad I decided to wait on that title..currently $27.49 on amazon).

5. Adam Gregorich

Owner

Adam
    Thanks so much Mike! Merry Christmas to all.... I highly recommend Scott Pilgrim and The Town for $9.99 at Best Buy for anyone who hasn't seen them.

6. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert

I viewed Scott Pilgrim in the movie theater, but it isn't a film made for my demographic. I'll be picking up Panda 2 though.

7. ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool Producer

ManW
    Joy to the world! And Merry Christmas, Mike and all!

As anticipated, plan to pick up Rise of the Planet of the Apes and Kung Fu Panda 2 on BD at BB this week -- too bad the $5 MFR coupon for KFP2 expires today, which is kinda weird for MFR coupon expiration date and effectively means it can't be used for this sale.

Peace be w/ y'all...

_Man_

8. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

Since it's on sale, I'll pick up The Office: Season Seven DVD. Thanks for the prices! :)

9. Ashly Yeo

Ashly Yeo Stunt Coordinator

Merry Christmas Mike! And thank you for this week's roundup. Definitely picking up Rise of the Planet of the Apes and Kung Fu Panda 2. Probably will pick Final Destination 5 3D at the end of the week, waiting on a possible review :)

10. Frank Ha

Frank Ha Second Unit

Frank Harrison
    Merry Christmas to you Mike and to everyone else as well. I'll get my son to pickup Planet of the Apes and KFP2 from Best Buy later this week. He is visiting us in Honduras right now. :), but will be going back to the States on Tuesday :(. Anyway, thanks Mike for all the hard work on the RoundUp you do, and particularly for putting in all the effort on this very special day.

11. Jason_V

Jason_V Producer

Jason
    Merry Christmas one and all. (Thought it doesn't really feel like Christmas out here without any snow...but I'm not complaining!)

Just Rise of the Planet of the Apes this week whenever I may it to a Best Buy other than the closest to me.

12. Matt Hough

Matt Hough Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Matt Hough
    Wonderful deal on Kung Fu Panda 2 at Best Buy this week. Unfortunately, it's only the 2D version that's on sale. The 3D is still exorbitantly priced (or it was when last I checked).

Thanks for the RoundUp as always, Mike.

13. David Norman

David Norman Premium
    Supporter

It looks like Amazon matched Best Buy on Rise of the Planet of the Apes, but not KFP2. Luckily I got the latter from BB with the 2 coupons and I need to go back to the store to get a Price Correction on the former that I bought at 22.99. $8 back plus $15 in Reward Zone coupons to spend -- I may finally pick up The Pacific if I can find it in store.

14. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

I picked up RotPotA at BB today for $14.99..and in doing so saw that the BB Exclusive of Citizen Kane (2-discer with Digibook) was on sale for $10.99! I snatched one up...even though I wasn't planning on upgrading my Citizen Kane from the DVD.

For those with an FYE nearby, they have all their Christmas DVDs, Blu-rays and CDs for sale @ 50% off through 1-1-12.

15. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    Scott Pilgrim is decent. But if I were 20 years younger, it would be AWESOME.

16. Matt Hough

Matt Hough Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Matt Hough
    The review for In the Name of the King 2 can be found here..

17. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    KFP2 is now marked down to $14.99 at Amazon.

18. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

19. Jay*W

Jay*W Second Unit

Thanks as always, Mike, especially on this holiday week! Picked up The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret at Target for $14.99 in store.

20. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

Stopped at a local Target today to pick up Parenthood: Season 2.

This store was a disaster. It must not have recovered from the shopping craziness...but hardly a thing was properly marked. In fact, Parenthood: S2 was marked at $39.99 instead of the $9.99. But, it rang up just fine.

Fast Five on blu was marked down to $14.99. Almost bit.