What's new

Weekly RoundUp 12-26-2006 (1 Viewer)

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Nuttin for Xmas for me! (No, I wasn't Bad, I'll just have to wait for the next wave of Bargains! :D)

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Why not just order it on-line for in store pick up? I think they still give you a few days to actually make the pick up.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Anyone notice I'm getting kind of shameless with my gratuitous posting of pictures of Scarlett Johansson in the RoundUp?

I'm thinking of including pictures of her just watching some of the new releases on any given week--even if she's not in them. Is that a problem?!
htf_images_smilies_blush.gif

:D

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

D'oh! Good idea, Patrick!

Although I made a pledge, personally, to avoid my local mall (where Best Buy is) all this week. Call me chicken! I think Ric can handle it, though!
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Let me give Mike F. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: for all of his hard work and dedication to this weekly pursuit of DVD deals! Thanks!

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Happy holidays, Mike and Patrick (and the rest of the HTFers), and thanks for the usual great work with the Roundup.

Nothing this week.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member

No problem with me! I've got the same appreciation for her. I just try not to think about how I'm old enough to be her father!

Phil Tomaskovic

Supporting Actor
I ordered 24 season 5 & Rome online from my sister's house and will pick up in store when I get back home. The email said you had 8 days to pick up. I just dread the customer service lines after Christmas!

So is Rome worth it ($41.99)?

EmmaAU

Agent
Thanks so much for the heads-up about the sale on "24" dvds. I've been waiting for this all year! And I can't believe that season 5 is also included in the sale! I'm a happy camper :).

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Target is A LOT EASIER to get in and out of than Wal-Mart! :D

JackKay

Second Unit
Mike, MORE SCARLETT JONANSSON!!!!!

Thanks for all your hard work this last year. It will be even crazier next year!

Merry Christmas, everyone!

jack

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
I stopped by Best Buy yesterday morning (around 8:30am) and it was really quiet there. Got my price match ($18.00 back + tax), and was in and out in under 5 minutes.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
A very small week for me...

DEFINATELY getting:

The Descent (NR)
Dane Cook’s Tourgasm
Jackass #2 (NR)
The Last Kiss
WWE Survivor Series 2006
ECW - December to Dismember
Matisyahu - No Place to Be

Maybe when it's on super sale:

Haven
New Adventures of He-Man #1
Simple Life: Season 4

Never in a million years, unless it was a dollar:

The Black Dahlia

ry

LarryH

Supporting Actor
Although BB lists The Black Dahlia HD-DVD in their ad, it seems to be MIA. Not at BB or any other place I checked (including Amazon - surprise). I also note that it has not even been listed in HTF's HD-DVD release schedule. Anybody have any idea what's going on?

By the way, if you buy a copy of Tax Cut Premium + State at BB you can get a free DVD upto 19.99 in value!

I got my season 5 24 with this deal!

Frank@N

Screenwriter
Stopped by CC today and was surprised to find Home Alone SE on a shelf marked $8.

Took one up to the register and it rang for $15, cashier said there was no sale on Home Alone.

Took my copy back to the shelf and removed the red sale price clip.

Another guy was apparently checking out the sale price and followed me back to the register with his copy.

I showed the cashier the sale clip and she began to process the transaction at sale price.

She then told me that this was last week's sale price and tossed the tag in a nearby bucket.

The guy who was following me then arrived and asked if Home Alone SE was still $8.

Without a trace of emotion she said 'No' and he was forced to wander off...

Frank@N

Screenwriter
Did Best Buy have two versions of 24 Season 5 (an in-store exclusive)?

My wife went over early Sunday morning to get S4 & S5 for me.

Her copy of S5 rang up for $50 and they told her she got the 'wrong version'.

They got her another copy of S5 (which looked the same to her) and it rang up for $20.

What happened?

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

I think it had to do with the "exclusive" look at S6. My copy had a little sticker on it saying the S6 look ahead was included, but I didn't have an extra disc. Not really a big deal in my book right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks