What's new

Weekly RoundUp 12-22-2015 & 12-29-2015 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Posted Image

The Features

– Pan – 2015

– Pawn Sacrifice – 2014

– Heist – 2015

– War Room – 2015

– Bone Tomahawk– 2015

– Dragon Blade – 2015

– Hitman: Agent 47 – 2015

The Prices

Posted Image
The price links below will take you directly to the product on Amazon.

Any clickable link on a title listed below will take you to our own HTF review!

DVDs (Date) Amazon BestBuy Target

Week of December 22      

12 Rounds 3: Lockdown (Lions Gate)  $12.99    
Blackout (MTI)  $24.95    
Defiance (Season 3) (Universal)  $39.99    
Dominion (The Complete 2nd Season) (Universal)  $32.99    
Dragon Blade (Lions Gate)  $12.99    
First You Dream: Music of Kander & Ebb $17.99    
Giant King, The (Lions Gate)  $13.99    
Nanny, The (Complete 5th Season) (Shout! Factory)  $27.99    
Pan (Warner Bros.)  $15.99 $16.99 $14.99
Pawn Sacrifice (Universal)  $19.99    
Queen of Earth (MPI)  $19.99    
War Room (Sony)  $17.99 $17.99 $16.99
Wiz, The (Live!) (Universal)  $14.99    

Week of December 29      

Bone Tomahawk (Image)  $14.99    
Heist (2015) (Lions Gate)  $17.98    
Hitman: Agent 47 (Fox)  $19.99    
Jenny's Wedding (MPI)  $9.99    
Night Crew (eOne)  $24.98    
Perfect Guy, The (Sony)  $19.99    
Ray Donovan (The Complete Third Season) (Paramount)  $26.99    
Shameless (The Complete Fifth Season) (Warner Bros.)  $29.99    
Walk in the Woods, A (Broad Green)  $12.99    

Posted Image
The price links below will take you directly to the product on Amazon.

Any clickable link on a title listed below will take you to our own HTF review!

Blu-rays (Date) Amazon BestBuy Target

Week of December 22      

12 Rounds 3: Lockdown (Blu-ray) (Lions Gate)  $16.99    
Brain That Wouldn't Die, The (Blu-ray) (Shout! Factory)  $19.99    
Defiance (Season 3) (Blu-ray) (Universal)  $44.99    
Dominion (The Complete 2nd Season) (Blu-ray) (Universal)  $59.98    
Dragon Blade (Blu-ray) (Lions Gate)  $17.89    
Little House on the Prairie: Season 7 (Saturday, 12-26 release) $26.99    
Nightmares (Blu-ray) (Shout! Factory)  $21.99    
Pan (Blu-ray) (Warner Bros.)  $22.99 $22.99 $22.99
Pawn Sacrifice (Blu-ray) (Universal)  $24.99    
Project Almanac $14.99    
War Room (Blu-ray) (Sony)  $19.99 $19.99 $19.99

Week of December 29      

Blood and Black Lace (Thursday 12-31 release) $39.95    
Bone Tomahawk (Blu-ray) (Image)  $16.49    
Heist (2015) (Blu-ray) (Lions Gate)  $17.89    
Hitman: Agent 47 (Blu-ray) (Fox)  $22.99    
Perfect Guy, The (Blu-ray) (Sony)  $22.99    
Ray Donovan (The Complete Third Season) (Blu-ray) (Paramount)  $34.99    
Shameless (The Complete Fifth Season) (Blu-ray) (Warner Bros.)  $34.99    
Some Kind of Hate (Blu-ray) (Image)  $14.99    
Walk in the Woods, A (Blu-ray) (Broad Green)  $14.99    

The Disclaimer

Standard disclaimer: All prices are taken from the websites of each chain, or from their printed Sunday advertisements. All prices are subject to change by each chain. Prices and inventory in-store may or may not match the website price.

I, obviously, cannot include EVERY title released in a given week in the RoundUp. The titles included are those that I am interested in...as well as those which I consider will be of interest to a majority of consumers (and sometimes I’ll miss one!). I don't get paid for this, and I don't have the time to list every DVD. So, please don't complain! If there is a title not included in the RoundUp that you want to see, PLEASE just look it up yourself, and be nice enough to post and share the results with everyone!

Note that I cannot include Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club prices in the RoundUp. They set prices at individual stores based on nearby competition, so there is no way I can say here what price you'll find at YOUR local Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club location. And, Circuit City is still out of business...even in Hawaii (where they NEVER guaranteed their prices anyway).

The Specials

--The SPECIALS this week pertain to only the first week of this "holiday" special two-week RoundUp.  If I can I will report in next week with whatever specials may be running the week after Christmas.  These are historically two of the slowest weeks of the year for new releases and things seem no different in 2015.  Merry Christmas, Rounduppers!  

--Best Buy, this week, has an EXCLUSIVE Minion Scarf available for just $1.99 with the purchase of select titles.  Titles shown include Despicable Me ($14.99 Blu), Despicable Me 2 ($14.99 Blu), Minions ($19.99 Blu).  Up to 15 titles from which to choose. Scarf is $9.99 when purchased separately.

--Best Buy has the following Blu-ray titles on sale for $9.99:  The Maze Runner, It Follows, Ex Machina, John Wick, Gone Girl, Exodus, Hunger Games: Mockingjay: Part 1, St. Vincent, X-Men: Days of Future Past (Rogue Cut).  Up to 80 titles from which to choose.

--The following releases are on sale this week at Best Buy (all Blu unless otherwise noted):

$14.99:  Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation(!), San Andreas, Furious 7, Pitch Perfect 2.

$17.99:  Fantastic 4, Maze Runner: Scorch Trials, Spy

$19.99:  Aladdin, Inside Out, Toy Story, Toy Story 2, Toy Story 3.

$49.99:  Downton Abbey: Seasons 1-5 (DVD)

$54.99:  Harry Potter: Complete Collection 

$69.99:  Hobbit Trilogy Extended Edition

$74.99:  Justified: Complete Series (DVD)

$79.99:  Battlestar Galactica: Definitive Collection

$89.99:  Star Wars Complete Saga

--Best Buy is advertising a series of TV Releases for $19.99 apiece.  Up to 25 titles from which to choose.  Titles shown are (all Blu unless otherwise noted):  Big Bang Theory: Season 8, Flash: Season 1, Supernatural: Season 10, Hannibal: Season ?, Fear the Walking Dead: Season 1 (DVD), Outlander: S1 Volume 1 (DVD), Castle: S? (DVD), Life (BBC DVD).

--Best Buy Odds and Ends:  None to report.

--Target this week is offering a FREE $10 TARGET GIFTCARD if you pre-order a copy of The Martian.  With movie delivery when you pre-order ANY The Martian movie at Target.com/preorder.

--The following titles are on sale this week at Target (all DVD unless otherwise noted):

$9.99:   Magic Mike XXL (Blu), The LEGO Movie (Blu), San Andreas, Spy, Vacation (2015), Pixels, The Longest Ride.

$13.99:  Shaun the Sheep Movie (Blu), Home (Blu), Despicable Me 2 (Blu), Inside Out, Minions, Ratatouille, The Incredibles, Toy Story, Frozen

$14.99:  Maze Runner: Scorch Trials, Southpaw, Jurassic World, San Andreas (Blu), Big Bang Theory: Season 8.

$16.99:  Brave (Blu).

$17.99:  Cinderella (2015) (Blu), Aladdin (Blu), Vampire Diaries: S6, Arrow: S3Flash: S1, Gotham: S1, Supernatural: Season 10.

$18.99:  Big Hero Six (Blu), Minions (Blu), Terminator Genisys (Blu).

$19.99:  Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation (Blu), Inside Out (Blu), Outlander: S1 Vol. 2, Grimm: Season 4

$27.99:  Grey's Anatomy: Season 11, Once Upon a Time: Season 4, Revenge: Season 4.

$54.99:  Harry Potter: Complete Collection (Blu), The Hobbit: Extended Edition Trilogy (Blu), Game of Thrones: Seasons 1 & 2 (Blu).

$59.99:  Downton Abbey: Seasons 1-5

$84.99:  Star Wars: Complete Saga (Blu)

--Get a FREE $10 Target GiftCard when you buy ANY TWO of the movies shown and select others ($13 apiece):  Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1, The Maze Runner, Fifty Shades of Grey, The LEGO Movie, Paddington, Annie, How to Train Your Dragon 2, The Age of Adaline, Aloha, Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs.

--Target Odds and Ends: A long list of $5 DVDs in a "Buy Three, Get One Free" sale.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Thanks, Peter!

I'm heading into 2016 in good health. It's been a few years since I've been able to say that. For me, January has been the cruelest month the past few years. But 2016 is the year that cycle WILL break! :biggrin:

The price above on MI: Rogue Nation at Best Buy is spectacular. It beats the $16.99 price I got on an Amazon pre-order!

Nothing for me either of the next two weeks (new releases, anyway)!

I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of deals await us next year.

And, as always, thanks to everyone for participating and providing a ton of information. It is always much appreciated by me (and all the readers).

And...thanks, too, for all the likes to the OPs of each week's RoundUp! I really appreciate them, too.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Two RoundUps for the price of one! Thanks so much !

I do have the review copy for Ray Donovan here already, but I was waiting until closer to release date to tackle it. At some point later this week, I think.

Hope everyone has the merriest of holiday seasons!

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Nothing for me this week but I'll pick up Jurassic World as a Christmas gift for a friend.

And nothing new next week but maybe there will be some after Christmas sales.

Thanks for the prices, Mike and happy holidays, everyone! :)

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Mike, Pan 3D is $27.99 @ Amazon. The 2D version is $22.99.

Happy Xmas and I'm glad that you will be greeting 2016 in good health!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
bujaki said:
Mike, Pan 3D is $27.99 @ Amazon. The 2D version is $22.99.

Happy Xmas and I'm glad that you will be greeting 2016 in good health!

Thanks, Jose! I will scurry off to fix that now!

I wasn't even aware there was a 3-D version of Pan.

Ashly Yeo

Stunt Coordinator
Thank you as always for the round-up Mike! And very glad to hear the cycle has been broken!

Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas and an even Happier New Year!

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Thanks for all the work you put in each week to keep us updated. I really appreciate it. Hope the new year really works out for you.

Merry Christmas!!!

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Thank you for this and every other Round-Up you do, Mike! As others have said, wishing you a very healthy 2016 (sounds like you're off to a great start).

"A Walk in the Woods" is a fun film; not a masterpiece but an enjoyable 90 or so minutes with two veteran actors who provide a fair amount of laughs in this one. Definitely worth a Netflix if one hasn't seen it before.

A Safe, Merry and Blessed Christmas to all Round-uppers!

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Matt Hough said:
Two RoundUps for the price of one!

With...FORTUNATELY (!)...nothing in it for me! :D

(I've been buying catalog releases like the Russians were in Jersey, and can use this tiny little break...)

Happiest of the holiday season to everyone! :)

Colin Davidson

Second Unit
Thanks for the prices Mike.

The graphic for Hitman is the 2007 movie with Timothy Olyphant and Olga Kurylenko (which is TOTALLY a guilty pleasure for me.)

The 2015 Hitman: Agent 47 has different actors and I have never seen it so don't know if it is any good or not.

JeremyLG

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jeremy
Mike - thank you so much for your price comparisons week after week. Although I don't buy nearly as much now, I still like to see what is coming out and where to score the best deal. So, thank you.

Merry Christmas to you Mike,

Jeremy

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Colin Davidson said:
The graphic for Hitman is the 2007 movie with Timothy Olyphant and Olga Kurylenko (which is TOTALLY a guilty pleasure for me.)

The 2015 Hitman: Agent 47 has different actors and I have never seen it so don't know if it is any good or not.

Fixed. Although the posters turn out to be nearly identical! :laugh:

I guess they could find someone who looks something like Timothy Olyphant (with a shaved head)...but couldn't afford a Kurylenki look-alike! :biggrin:

Thanks, Colin! I also love the fact that you guys keep me on my toes.

hotrodguy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Cliff
Merry Christmas Mike and all my fellow HTF'ers!

Maybe X-Men Rogue cut and maybe MI:5…we'll see.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Thanks!

I reluctantly did the the Target "The Martian 3D" preorder (I say reluctantly because no Ridley commentary leads me to believe a better edition will be released eventually). With the $10 gift card promo and applying a $5 gift card from the "Inside Out" promo gets me this for like $14 at the end of the day. So it was too good to pass up

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
WillG said:
Thanks!

I reluctantly did the the Target "The Martian 3D" preorder (I say reluctantly because no Ridley commentary leads me to believe a better edition will be released eventually). With the $10 gift card promo and applying a $5 gift card from the "Inside Out" promo gets me this for like $14 at the end of the day. So it was too good to pass up
Same here!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
--Target this week is offering a FREE $10 TARGET GIFTCARD if you pre-order a copy of The Martian. With movie delivery when you pre-order ANY The Martian movie at Target.com/preorder.

I decided to try the pre-order deal at Target for The Martian, too.

I've never ordered from Target on-line before. I assumed I would go pick up the disc in store, but it said that option was not available and it will be shipped to me.

Can anyone tell me if they usually get the releases to you close to (or on) release date?

I also ordered SPECTRE, too (for a $5 Target Giftcard). There's no release date yet for that one.

I had two Target Gift Cards to use. This is a clever gambit on Target's part to eat into what otherwise would have been pretty likely Amazon orders.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks