What's new

Weekly RoundUp 12-18-2007 (4 Viewers)

GarySchrock

Second Unit

That actually seems to be very store dependent. I've had luck getting the one near me to match the online price on various things.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Gary: That's good to know.

It makes all the sense in the world that Best Buy would honor the lowest price of wherever they are selling an item (on-line vs. in-store)...but yours is the first account I can remember of someone saying they have had luck getting store personnel to honor an on-line price.

You can find it listed in the white paper "things that often make BB an aggravating place to shop." ;)

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
I'm wondering if anyone else was having trouble locating a copy of Blade Runner (Blu-ray)? I went to two Targets, BB and CC and none of them had any in stock. When I checked BB website last night for in store pick-up there were none to be found. Anyone else running into this same situation? I found only one copy of the HD DVD version so are they just as scarce?

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I've also had cashiers at Best Buy match their own online prices with no trouble.

Another way to do it is to order the item online for in-store pickup.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
There are all kinds of threads scattered throughout the HTF talking about Blade Runner scarcity on various media formats at various retailers/etailers.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Andrea- I went to Costco 10:00am release day and they didn't have any Blade Runner sets in either formats. So I got my HD-DVD briefcase from Best Buy at a sweet price.

Matthew H

Second Unit
I took advantage of the "Walk Hard" deal when I picked up The Simpsons Movie at Circuit City on Tuesday. I noticed the website had the Ghostbusters 1 & 2 Pack for only $8.23, whereas the store was $14.99. Apparently Circuit City will match their online price in store, so I got it for a little over 8 bucks AND got my Walk Hard ticket. Make sure if you buy any of the DVDs to get this deal you check the online price.

The guy that checked me out was seasonal help and he didn't even bother checking the website.. he just asked me how much it was. Needless to say I'm honest so I told him, but if any of you are tricksters you know what to do should you get someone like that.. :D

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I was also at Costco tuesday afternoon and didn't see any sign of them.

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
I had the Costco guy check the computer on Tuesday afternoon and he said they did not get any in. On Wednesday, I went to BB and could only find the 4-disc version (standard def). I was all set to get the briefcase at Costco, but I figured I should get the 4-disc version while I could still find it (there were only 2 left on the shelf at BB on Wednesday). Before I left the parking lot, I made sure I didn't have any floaters. One of my coworkers got the 4-disc version on Tuesday from BB and when he opened it up, one of the spindles was cracked a disc was scratched. He said he took it back to BB on Wednesday after work and they didn't have any left to exchange it with.

Frank@N

Screenwriter
Has anyone mentioned that Braveheart isn't $8.99 at BB?

I zipped over to get it and got shot down, big time.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Yes, post 57.

It appears it's on an online-only sale. You should be able to order online for that price with in-store pickup.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
If you are in need of the Blu-ray version of Blade Runner the DFW area Best Buys just got an entire shipment so it's likely other areas did as well. Unfortunately I didn't see any HD DVD copies or briefcase sets. Although to be honest I wasn't really looking for the later.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I was in both my local Best Buy and BJs Wholesale Club tonight.

Neither store had ANY Blade Runner sets of ANY kind/format! :eek:

And, BB still had no copies of the two Disney Treasures I coveted AND had a raincheck for on their 2/$40 deal. So, I stopped by BJs and they still had a couple of copies and I got them there for $24.99 apiece. I might keep them wrapped and still hope that BB comes through.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Just a heads-up for anyone who ordered Kissology Vol. 3 last week -- I ordered it from Best Buy's website at the sale price of $25. Normally I do in-store pickup, but figured what the heck, it's got free shipping so I'll save myself the trip.

Today it showed up -- with the wrong bonus disc! It's got the '96 Irvine show, which is the non-retailer-specific bonus. BB's copies (and it was listed as such on the website) are supposed to have a '94 Brazil show.

The receipt says it can be returned for a refund, but they don't do exchanges, and the price is now $35. But the CS rep told me on the phone that the local store could do the exchange for me. We'll see.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Update: the price adjustment was a minor hassle for the clerk, but they were happy to make the exchange. :)

I noticed that there were a couple dozen copies of the new Kissology in the store, scattered amongst 3 or 4 different displays, but fewer than half had the sticker for the bonus 5th disc! If you want this one, it may not be around as long as the first two sets (which are still available in most places).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks