What's new

Weekly RoundUp 12-18-2007 (1 Viewer)

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
But are they including Market Pantry water with the donuts? :D

Longtime Rounduppers will get the reference.

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
I know you were being specific in your comments in regards to whether it was possible (or not, as you discovered) to mix-and-match if ordered through BB's website, but FWIW you can mix-and-match in-store--I was able to do so yesterday (Shrek 3 HD DVD and Hostel 2 BD) at my local BB. BB ad doesn't explicitly state that you can't mix-and-match but that's a moot point anyway. :D

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I was in a Target last week and saw the Market Pantry water on the shelf. I laughed out loud (causing the other people in the aisle to scurry away from the crazy person :D ).

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

:laugh: I've done the same thing!

At least a donut promotion with The Simpsons Movie makes some sense. My mind is still reeling from that Target promotion of oh-so-many-years-ago. :)

EricTB

Stunt Coordinator
Just The Simpsons Movie and Underdong on BluRay for me. Is anyone going to get the 4 Simpsons figures for 15 at Best Buy? Just wondering cause I would hate to go their and be disappointed and they dont have them all. Says 20 per store so i guess their maybe getting 4 of each figure maybe.

Scamp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason

Hi Eric,

These figures were must-haves for me. (For those that don't know, these figures were produced by McFarlane Toys and do feature sound clips) Actually, I was after 4 sets to accomodate other members of my family as well. So, needless to say, I was at the closest Best Buy to me just as soon as they opened this morning to make sure I could get them.

Now my Best Buy is definitely on the smaller size compared to others, so larger stores may have gotten more, but mine had a total of 28 figures. Luckily, I was able to make 4 complete sets of 5 figures out of their stock (a complete set being Homer, Bart, Marge, Lisa/Maggie in theater chairs, and one of Homer with Spider-Pig). Those 5 figures were the only ones available, just as pictured in the ad. They were actually located in 2 places in the store: most were in one of the usual cardboard display stands promoting the movie; the others were located on the top shelf down one of the dvd aisles. As you can see, after making my 4 complete sets, I only left 8 figures in the store, which consisted of 1 Lisa/Maggie in chair, 3 Homer in chair, and 4 Bart in chair.

Now, once again, Best Buy made things tricky just as they did last week with the Disney Treasures tins by only making a deal on buying 2 of the 3 released. In this case, the best deal, with the purchase of the movie, was only good for 4 out of the 5 figures being released. Of course, this may work out for some people as they may only want the set of the family in their theater seats and don't care about getting Homer with the pig. In my case, since I had 4 complete sets, which worked out to 5 groups of 4 figures each, I was required to purchase 5 copies of the movie in order to get the special sale price of $15 for the group of 4, which is really a great deal since it basically means your getting 4 figures for the price of 1 as they are regularly priced $14.99. However, I didn't really need 5 copies of the film (only needed 3), but without the extra copies, the additional figures were ringing up the sale price of $12.99 each (the price you pay if you do not purchase with a copy of the film), so it was a no brainer to purchase 2 extra copies of the film in order to get the special sale price on the figures. I should also point out for those interested that the price is $5.99 each if purchased with the film and you get less than 4 figures. The lousy deal being that if you're only buying 1 copy of the film, then you're stuck paying $12.99 on 1 figure and $15 for the other group of 4 if you want all 5 figures.

This was probably way more detail than you wanted, but depending on what figures you want, I'd say check out a Best Buy as soon as you can to make sure you can get them.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I think I got a deal, I had not made a note of the Best Buy price for the HD-DVD 5 disc Blade Runner briefcase. At the cashier, I made a note that it was on sale, he checked the flyer and charged me $54.99, what a great deal!

They only had 3 HD-DVD's on the shelves and no Blu Rays of the suitcase.

Oh yeah, I went to Costco first, and they didn't have any copies of Blade Runner, in any format or versions.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

:confused: Wasn't the coupon Roy was referring-to good for The Simpsons Movie?

Jason: Thanks for the detailed info on the Simpsons figures. I was thinking, again, how Best Buy is really being very stupid (or very smart)...by offering five figures with a 4-fer deal. :thumbsdown:

BrianHass

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brian Hassel
I would suggest using Borders 40% off coupon (12/18 and 19 only) I
Purchased Adv. Of Young Indy Jones: Volume 2 for 59.99!! Very happy about the price.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Surprisingly, my local Target was also sold out of the BD Simpsons Movie. Not much else to report except:
Hatchet for $14.99 (unrated)
KISSology 3 for $28.99
Stardust for $29.99 (HD)
National Treasure for $19.99
Braveheart for $9.99

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Many of these BOGO HD titles are not the two-disc versions with extras. They are combo formats where you get one HD-DVD or BLU-RAY and one SD DVD.

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Best Buy charged me $14.99 for the Braveheart SCE, not $8.99. It's not listed as on sale in their paper ad either, so I thought perhaps there was an error in the roundup but then I checked BB's website and, sure enough, it's listed online for $8.99. Could that price be just for online buying?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Hi Brian!

Hmmm. Unfortunately, yes.

I pull all the RoundUp prices from the Sunday flyers...but fill-in the rest of the prices for BB & CC from their website. It is not common for those stores to have two different prices for on-line vs. in-store...but it does happen on occasion. :frowning:

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian

Well as Ted Stryker said in Airplane!, "What a pisser." I suppose if I really start losing sleep over it I'll take the online price to the store and insist they price match it. Otherwise, c'est la vie.

caveat emptor.

RoyWilbury

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks everybody for your comments about the "Simpsons Movie" Blu-Ray/Target situation. I ended up deciding to forego buying it at Target and just ordered it on Amazon, where after everything was said and done, I paid just about the same as what I would have paid at Target had they allowed the $5 coupon. It's sounding like Target has had some spotty stocking of the Simpsons Blu-Ray release anyway (my local Target has relatively chincy selections of HD-DVD and Blu-Ray). Now I just have to wait for Amazon to get it delivered to me! :)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

:laugh: We're never going to get the definitive answer to that question! That's the very same route I took with the Target coupon for Live Free or Die Hard. My store didn't stock the BD the first few days of release and I ended up ordering it for a few dollars less @ amazon.com! :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks