– Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation – 2015

– Triumph of the Wills – 1935

– Ted 2 – 2015

– Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials – 2015

– Fantastic 4 – 2015

– He Named Me Malala – 2015

The Prices

Posted Image
Click on the Amazon price to buy from Amazon and support HTF!

Any clickable link on a title listed below will take you to our own HTF review!

DVDs (Date) Amazon BestBuy Target
Adam Chaplin - Extended Edition (Bayview Entertainment)  $11.99
Bad Samaritan Must Die, The (Wild Eye)  $7.99
Bread And Circus (Wild Eye)  $7.99
Burroughs: The Movie (Criterion)  $22.99
C.S.I. - The Finale (Paramount)  $17.99
Count Dracula (Severin)  $24.95
Divide in Concord (First Run Pictures)  $17.99
Drown (Strand)  $19.99
Extant (The 2nd Season) (Paramount)  $64.99
Fantastic 4 $17.99 $17.99 $14.99
A Faster Horse $24.95
F**kload Of Scotch Tape, A (Wild Eye)  $9.99
He Named Me Malala $19.99
Life Of Death, The (Wild Eye)  $9.99
Madness Of Many (Unearthed)  $14.99
Marco Polo (The Complete First Season) (Anchor Bay)  $19.99
Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials (Fox)  $17.99 $17.99 $13.00
Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation (Paramount)  $14.99 $14.99 $13.00
Sadistic Eroticism (Wild Eye)  $9.95
Seven Seas Pirates (Cinedigm)  $14.93
Sex, Death and Bowling (Monterey)  $17.99
Slow Learners (MPI)  $19.99
Strongest Man, The (Kino)  $24.95
Ted 2 (Universal)  $17.99 $17.99 $16.99
Teen Wolf (Season 5, Part 1) (MGM)  $19.99
Time Out of Mind (MPI)  $19.99
Tokyo Fiancee (First Run Pictures)  $24.95
Top Spin (First Run Pictures)  $17.99
Troubled Mind, A (Maverick)  $8.99
Unleashed! A Dog Dancing Story (Virgil Films)  $19.99
Valley Inn (Monarch)  $24.95
Wolf Totem (Sony)  $30.99

Posted Image
Click on the Amazon price to buy from Amazon and support HTF!

Any clickable link on a title listed below will take you to our own HTF review!

Blu-rays (Date) Amazon BestBuy Target
Axe/Kidnapped Coed $24.99
Best Day Ever $22.99
Blood Rage $25.29
Burroughs: The Movie (Blu-ray) (Criterion)  $27.99
Car, The (Blu-ray) (Shout! Factory)  $21.99
Count Dracula (Blu-ray) (Severin)  $24.99
Dungeonmaster, The / Eliminators (Blu-ray) (Shout! Factory)  $19.99
Eugenie...The Story of Her Journey Into Perversion (Blu-ray) (Blue Underground)  $27.99
Extant (The 2nd Season) (Blu-ray) (Paramount)  $52.99
Fantastic 4 $19.99 $19.99 $17.99
A Faster Horse $17.99
Last Horror Film, The (AKA Fanatic) (Blu-ray) (Troma)  $24.95
Marco Polo (The Complete First Season) (Blu-ray) (Anchor Bay)  $24.99
Marquis de Sade's Justine (Blu-ray) (Blue Underground)  $24.99
Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials (Blu-ray) (Fox)  $19.99 $19.99 $17.99
Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation (Blu-ray) (Paramount)  $17.99 $17.99 $17.99
Mission Impossible - Five Movie Collection $39.99 $39.99
Palio $29.95
Roger Waters - The Wall (Amazon Exclusive) $26.98
Stalingrad $34.95
Ted 2 (Blu-ray) (Universal)  $19.99 $19.99 $19.99
Time Out of Mind (Blu-ray) (MPI)  $22.99
The Toxic Avenger Collection $49.95
Triumph of the Will $22.99
What Have You Done to Solange? (Blu-ray) (Arrow Films)  $27.99
Wolf Totem (3-D Blu-ray) (Sony)  $34.99
Zombie High (Blu-ray) (Shout! Factory)  $21.99

The Disclaimer

Standard disclaimer: All prices are taken from the websites of each chain, or from their printed Sunday advertisements. All prices are subject to change by each chain. Prices and inventory in-store may or may not match the website price.

I, obviously, cannot include EVERY title released in a given week in the RoundUp. The titles included are those that I am interested in...as well as those which I consider will be of interest to a majority of consumers (and sometimes I’ll miss one!). I don't get paid for this, and I don't have the time to list every DVD. So, please don't complain! If there is a title not included in the RoundUp that you want to see, PLEASE just look it up yourself, and be nice enough to post and share the results with everyone!

Note that I cannot include Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club prices in the RoundUp. They set prices at individual stores based on nearby competition, so there is no way I can say here what price you'll find at YOUR local Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club location. And, Circuit City is still out of business...even in Hawaii (where they NEVER guaranteed their prices anyway).

The Specials

--LOTS of RETAILER EXCLUSIVES with this week's new releases.   

--Best Buy  has EXCLUSIVE STEELBOOK PACKAGING with its Blu copies of Mission Impossible: Roge Nation AND Mission Impossible Ultimate Collection..

--Best Buy also has EXCLUSIVE STEELBOOK PACKAGING with its Blu copies of Fantastic 4.

--Best Buy also has EXCLUSIVE STEELBOOK PACKAGING of Blu-ray releases of BOTH Maze Runner: Scorch Trials and the original The Maze Runner film.  And, buy BOTH STEELBOOKs and save $5.

--Best Buy has EXCLUSIVE BONUS CONTENT with their Blu copies of Ted 2.    Also, buy Ted 2 on Blu and you are able to purchase a Talking Ted Bear for $4.99.

--Get a FREE $10 BB GiftCard when you spend $50 at Best Buy on select HBO and BBC TV seasons (or a $25 BB GiftCard if you spend $100 on select seasons).  Following titles shown (all Blu unless otherwise noted):

$17.99:  Band of Brothers,Sherlock: Season 3 (DVD).

$27.99:  True Blood: Season 7, True Detective: Season 1

$29.99:  Game of Thrones: Season 4 (DVD)

$34.99:  Game of Thrones: Season 4

--The following "Best Selling" Blu-ray titles are on sale this week @ Best Buy:  Minions, Ant-Man, Inside Out, The Avengers, Cinderella (2015), Aladdin, Jurassic World, Trainwreck.

--Best Buy is advertising the series of "Limited Edition" steelbooks of the first six Star Wars films on Blu-ray for $16.99 apiece.  AND, you can get a FREE $15 BB GiftCard with the purchase of ANY SW Steelbook AND thye videogame Star Wars Battlefront $59.99 apiece on OS4, Xbox1 and PC formats).

--Best Buy Odds and Ends:  Up to 20 DVD titles "under $10."  Titles shown: The Sound of Music, Home Alone & Rocky Horror Picture Show.

--Target this week has 10% off ALL MOVIES by using their Cartwheel app.  And, of course if you are a Target RedCard holder, that's another 5%.  Target's got a number of EXCLUSIVES this week, too.

--With their Blu copies of Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation , Target is advertising a 48-page BOOKLET and a 90-minute disc of bonus content "with the film's stunts."  I could see me going for this, but I've got three copies of this coming to me via Amazon where I got it for $16.99 over Black Friday. 

--Target also has EXCLUSIVE CONTENT (a 26-page photo diary) with their Blu copies of Fantastic 4.

--And with their Blu copies of The Maze Runner: Scorch Trials, Target has EXCLUSIVE BONUS CONTENT--a 24-page photo diary and a prequel comic book.

--Target has a bunch of "kids" movies on sale this week:

$9.99:  Lego Movie (Blu),   Iron Man 3 (Blu), Magic Mike XXL, Kingsman: Secret Service, Maze Runner, The Sound of Music.

$13.99:  Big Hero Six (DVD)

$14.99:  Cinderella (2015)(DVD), Home (DVD), Toy Story 3 (DVD), Shaun the Sheep Movie (DVD)

$17.99:  Minions (DVD)

$18.99:  Inside Out (Blu), Aladdin (Blu), Disney Short Films (Blu)

$22.99:  Minions (Blu)  And if you buy Minions on Blu-ray, get 20% off ANY item in the "Minion Character Shop" @ Target.  (Items shown are a $6.99 plush clip, $8.99 kid's t-shirt, $12.99 backpack, $19.99 4-pack glassware.)

--Target has the following releases on sale this week (all DVD unless othewise noted):  

$9.99:  Man From U.N.C.L.E., Mas Max Fury Road, The Longest Ride, San Andreas, Spy, Modern Family: Season 6

$13.99:  Tomorrowland, Pitch Perfect 2, Into the Woods

$14.99:  Pixels, San Andreas (Blu), My Fair Lady (Blu), Ricki and the Flash

$15.99:  Orange is the New Black: S2, Mad Men: S7 Part 2

$16.99:  Terminator-Genisys, The Avengers

$17.99:  Homeland: Season 4

$18.99:  Ant-Man

$19.99:  Empire: Season 1, Chicago Fire: S3, Chicago PD: S2, Vikings: S3, Sleepy Hollow: S2.

--Target Odds and Ends: Lists of DVDs for $3.99 and $6.99.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thanks for your work, Mike. I'd like Mission: Impossible eventually but will wait for a price drop in the future because I've been buying a lot lately. Nothing else this week of interest in terms of Blu-ay...but, of course, The Force Awakens soundtrack releases Friday, and that's coming to me from Amazon as the one piece of merchandise from the new film that I felt comfortable preordering and committing to buy before seeing the film, since let's be honest, John Williams is always awesome (even when the films aren't.)

Is that $14.99 My Fair Lady Blu at Target the new remaster or the old edition? If it's the new one, that would be tempting.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'll be picking up the immortal classic The Car and probably Mission: Impossible.

Thanks for the prices, Mike! :)

JakeLip said:
Is that $14.99 My Fair Lady Blu at Target the new remaster or the old edition? If it's the new one, that would be tempting.
Don't quote me but I'm pretty sure it's the new one in the ad. Since Target stocked the new one when it recently came out, it's pretty unlikely that they'd revert back to the old one.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
JakeLip said:

You CAN quote me, Jake. It is most definitely the new release of MFL.

EDIT:

gallery_286742_34_82534.jpg

And if anyone hasn't pulled the trigger on this release of MFL yet...DO IT NOW!

I can't imagine anyone who wouldn't find something to like about this movie/release. It is really great.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Thanks in advance to everyone for the "likes" of the OP! :thumbsup:

And..coming to me this week...just MI: Rogue Nation. Three copies from an Amazon sale in which they had it at $16.99.

Two of the copies are for my son and son-in-law. I had already gotten them a package with the first four films for an amazingly cheap price a few months ago (for Christmas). I think I got them at Best Buy and they included codes for tickets to Rogue Nation. A great deal! So these make the perfect add-on.

EDIT: I found the deal I was talking about. It was in the 7-28-15 Weekly RoundUp:

--Best Buy is advertising "Up to $8 toward a movie ticket on Fandango to see Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation with the purchase of select specially-marked titles. (In theaters July 31.) The only title shown in the flyer, however, is The Mission Impossible Collection (Movies 1-4) for $14.99 on DVD and $19.99 on Blu. That would be an incredible deal, if all fans of the series didn't probably alread own most or all of the films already. Awesome gift for someone, I suppose.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
TravisR said:
I'll be picking up the immortal classic The Car and probably Mission: Impossible.

Thanks for the prices, Mike! :)

Don't quote me but I'm pretty sure it's the new one in the ad. Since Target stocked the new one when it recently came out, it's pretty unlikely that they'd revert back to the old one.

I also think folks were saying there would be another 10% off all movies so even better deals.. Just got $10 in promo GC from buying Minions so maybe an even better deal.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
My review of Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation should be up tomorrow. I also got the chance to talk to the films Stunt Coordinator, Wade Eastwood about the thrilling stunts - especially Tom hanging off the side of an airplane. Good stuff. That interview should be up tomorrow as well.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Thanks for the RoundUp as always, Mike!

Definitely the latest MI since I have the others (and just rewatched #4 within the last couple of weeks).

I hope to have the review for Triumph of the Will up tomorrow, but I don't know which of the others I'm assigned will arrive for review.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Peter McM said:
Is Target really advertising Magic Mike XXL as a "kids" movie? :unsure:

Oooops. I zigged when I should have zagged. I started to just list the "kids" stuff and then decided to lump a lot of their catalog stuff into the same section.

David Norman said:
I also think folks were saying there would be another 10% off all movies so even better deals.. Just got $10 in promo GC from buying Minions so maybe an even better deal.

Yup. You can get another 10% off all their DVD/Blu prices this week using their Cartwheel app (as noted above). And, of course, there's another 5% off for RedCard holders. Some further good savings on their prices this week.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon said:
Yup. You can get another 10% off all their DVD/Blu prices this week using their Cartwheel app (as noted above). And, of course, there's another 5% off for RedCard holders. Some further good savings on their prices this week.

Sorry about the redundant. I actually looked for that in your summary post and totally missed it.

Anyway -- My Fair Lady is on top of the Pile for the week plus I may pick up a couple of the Demember Criterions from Barnes & Noble when the 40% sale starts and hopefully 25% coupons show up. I'll be a few dollars worse than Novmeber, but still a lot cheaper than any where else until next Nov.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Definitely picking up Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation and I will also grab MFL at Target.

hotrodguy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Cliff
+1 for "The Car" and MI:5 when the prices drops or I find it at a local record store for less...

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Any love for "A Faster Horse?" Looks interesting but I know little about it.

I never owned a Mustang. But I owned a 1976 Mustang II. What an awesome car.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation822
Recent bookmarks