What's new

Weekly Roundup 12-15-2009 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Yeah. I'm curious about that, too. Maybe they didn't have the $3 coupon.

I'm also curious about Jason's question about where to do the PMing (customer service or register). I didn't realize Target was PMing again.

Alfonso_M

Second Unit
My local Target store didn't honor the RedPlum $3.00 coupon, the scanner was unable to read it, and the clerk at 'Cust Service' told me she could not enter the bar code by hand either..but the 5.00 coupon went through just fine, I may go back later this week to see if they programmed the $3.00 code into the system ....

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
RE: the BB price, you shouldn't need to PM the site if you just order online for in-store pickup. That's probably easier anyway, no?

_Man_

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Scamp

David, can you price match at the normal checkouts or do you have to go to Target's Customer Service desk?
I've always been directed to Customer/Guest service to do a price match. I know some people buy and then go to CS afterwards to get the pricematch, but anytime I;ve tried to pricematch during the purchase or if I ask about price match before even starting, the clerks have sent me to CS before even ringing it up. If you buy the movie first and then PM, don't use you coupons until you get to CS or you receipt will already have a discounted price listed and it will be harder to get the PM too.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I was prepared for the same thing, but after a couple of apparently failed scans the clerk just pushed a button and took the three dollars off. And of course the $5 coupon worked.

My local Target store didn't honor the RedPlum $3.00 coupon, the scanner was unable to read it, and the clerk at 'Cust Service' told me she could not enter the bar code by hand either..but the 5.00 coupon went through just fine, I may go back later this week to see if they programmed the $3.00 code into the system ....

David_Jr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Let me ask a stupid question. Is there a procedure for printing more than 1 Target coupon. My computer would only print one. After that the video coupon disappeared. I had to go to a second computer to print a second.

I got the G-Force at Target with the Disney coupon and theirs. I did not attempt to price match. The clerk at electronics seemed amazed that the computer allowed both coupons. Total out the door, $7.99 + tax. Pretty good deal for three discs.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Originally Posted by Jeff Meyers

Just got back from Target - picked up:

• Inglourious Basterds BD for $11.99 ($19.99 - $3.00 redplum coupon - $5.00 Target BD coupon)
  • G-Force BD for $7.99 ($22.99 - $10.00 Disney coupon - $5.00 Target BD coupon)
No questions asked / no problems using 2 of the Target BD coupons on one transaction.

Why can't all weeks be like this: 2 new releases on BD for $20.
Ditto. :)

However, as Alonzo also experienced, the register didn't like the $3 IB coupon (it took the $10 G-F coupon fine). The clerk just looked at the coupon and forced it when he saw that it was valid.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Originally Posted by David_Jr

Let me ask a stupid question. Is there a procedure for printing more than 1 Target coupon. My computer would only print one. After that the video coupon disappeared. I had to go to a second computer to print a second.
Good to know. I just photocopied the coupon a few times after I printed it.

You might try setting PDF Writer as your default printer and see if it will print to a PDF file. Then you could just re-print that file multiple times.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by David_Jr

I got the G-Force at Target with the Disney coupon and theirs. I did not attempt to price match. The clerk at electronics seemed amazed that the computer allowed both coupons. Total out the door, $7.99 + tax. Pretty good deal for three discs.
Most people are allowed 2 coupons per computer, but I've heard this One Only thing a few times -- are you on a Mac or Pc, which browser did you use?

There are several pdf scans of the coupon easily Googled -- one 3 coupon and one 6 coupon that are pretty good actually. I have 5 computers in the house so I got 10 easily and fished around for the others.

From another website so I hope this is kosher.

slickdeals.net/forums/showpost.php

slickdeals.net/forums/showpost.php

Joe S.

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joe
Prices at BB are incorrect. Inglorious Basterds BD is $22.99 and Hangover BD is $19.99.

I'm sure because I just wasted a stop there due to this thread ;) Target prices are correct though.

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by David Norman ">[/url]

Actually without Tax and with the 5% Payphrase discount at Amazon I could probably have gotten The Hangover for a little less, but I figured OTD and in hand was worth a dollar. [/QUOTE]Just a heads-up to anyone counting on Amazon PayPhrase CashBack - they discontinued the program on 12/14/2009. It was in effect for all of 3 days - Wow! I believe that it was supposed to last until 12/31/2009, but it has been cut short.

Link: [url=https://payments.amazon.com/sdui/sdui/personal/PayPhrasecashback]https://payments.amazon.com/sdui/sdui/personal/PayPhrasecashback[/url]

[QUOTE]Originally Posted by [b]David_Jr[/b] [url=/forum/thread/295841/weekly-roundup-12-15-2009/30#post_3638818][/url]

Ditto. :)

However, as Alonzo also experienced, the register didn't like the $3 IB coupon (it took the $10 G-F coupon fine). The clerk just looked at the coupon and forced it when he saw that it was valid.
[/QUOTE]My $3 coupon for IB scanned fine, but I used the one from the Sunday redplum coupon insert, and not the printed one, so maybe that was the difference.

[QUOTE]Originally Posted by [b]Aaron Silverman[/b] [url=/forum/thread/295841/weekly-roundup-12-15-2009/30#post_3638894]

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Ah. Oh well.

I forgot to mention -- several BDs at Target had a coupon glued on the outside for an extra $4 or $5 off if you buy another disc from a list. My Inglourious Basterds had one for IIRC $5 off if you also buy some new American Pie movie, Public Enemies, Funny People, or one or two others. I thought about Public Enemies but it was $30 and I didn't feel like paying $25 for it.

Public Enemies had a similar coupon for $4 off, but its list of "buy this too" movies was different. Dunno if those coupons would stack, but I don't see why not.

I don't know if these were Target exclusives.

Scamp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
Originally Posted by David Norman

I've always been directed to Customer/Guest service to do a price match. I know some people buy and then go to CS afterwards to get the pricematch, but anytime I;ve tried to pricematch during the purchase or if I ask about price match before even starting, the clerks have sent me to CS before even ringing it up. If you buy the movie first and then PM, don't use you coupons until you get to CS or you receipt will already have a discounted price listed and it will be harder to get the PM too.

Thanks for the advice on the price matching, David. Went to Target Customer Service with the blu-ray of G-Force and price matched with Wal-mart for the $19.96 and was able to use both the Mfg coupon for $10 & the Target one for $5 to get a final price of $4.96 plus tax. Although, this wasn't without a bit of trouble.

The price matching and $10 coupon were no problem, but they gave me grief over the $5 Target coupon. Apparently, they've noticed people using them and told me that they could only be used for the pictured film on the coupon: Transformers:Revenge of the Fallen. Well, I argued with them a bit over it, and they said I could call the Target Guest Services line if I had a probelm with it. So, they gave me the number and I called on one of their red phones. I explained the entire situation to a very nice lady on the other end, and after doing some checking she asked to speak to the person at the Customer Service desk, who was basically told to accept my coupon if the scanner accepted it, which it did. So, I've got to give my thanks to Target's Guest Services department for backing me up on the use of the coupon.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The picture has confused many people, but I usually point out that the text pretty much states a Blu Ray more than $5. I've never really had much problem except with a few discs that wouldn't accept the coupon (mostly the cheap Blu;s).

The CSR are wrong in that interpretation, but the place they could give you grief is if they follow their PM guidelines to the letter which is always the YMMV part. By policy the Target coupon is supposed to be applied before the PM (which basically negates either the PM or the coupon). Manufacturer;s coupons are correctly deducted after the PM.

Alfonso_M

Second Unit
Well, I was having problems with "Inglorious basterds" freezing up right after the FBI warning screen, and just came back from an exchange..

The good news is they gave a new copy and a cash credit for the $3.00 coupon that didn't scan before, (it didn't scan now either but the clerk checked and decided to accepted it this time)...

The bad news is the Disc keeps freezing up at the same spot, so, since I don't see anybody else complaining about this title around here, I figure there is something wrong with my player... not really sure what to do, since the movie plays fine if I start it from the 'Chapters' menu instead..

On the weird Target return policy department..

The clerk insisted she had to physically open the exchanged new title before giving it to me, she claims this is POLICY.

I'm really pissed about this, not only I've never seen this done before in any store in all my DVD purchasing years, but It was kind of insulting to me to be forced to relegate the pleasure of opening an item I paid for to someone else. there is something wrong here..

What's next? I'll buy a new car and the dealer demands to drive it the first 10K miles for me?

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
That's pretty standard procedure these days where people can burn a copy of a disc, return it to a store for an unopened copy, then return that unopened copy for a completely different disc (there or at another store, since it's still wrapped). Best Buy, Game Stop, etc. all have policies to follow that same procedure.
Originally Posted by Alfonso_M

The clerk insisted she had to physically open the exchanged new title before giving it to me, she claims this is POLICY.

I'm really pissed about this, not only I've never seen this done before in any store in all my DVD purchasing years, but It was kind of insulting to me to be forced to relegate the pleasure of opening an item I paid for to someone else. there is something wrong here..

What's next? I'll buy a new car and the dealer demands to drive it the first 10K miles for me?

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by Alfonso_M

I've had to do the same thing (open an exchanged replacement disc before leaving the store) in the past, and I'm reasonably certain it was at a Target (but may have been at another retailer). This is not an issue if you are exchanging / returning a sealed disc, but only if you are exchanging an already opened package. The retailer is taking your word that the disc is defective and offering a replacement. They want to ensure that you don't watch a movie, then claim that the disc is defective, and then exchange it for a sealed copy that you could then return to another location or another retailer.

I also had the same situation happen when I purchased some software from Fry's Electronics a couple of years ago. Upon opening the package at home I discovered that the activation code / serial number was not included inside the package as it should have been. When I went to Fry's to exchange it, they opened the replacement software and verified that the activation code / serial number card was included before giving it to me.

In the end, I wouldn't get upset by the process / policy. Retailers get ripped-off and scammed all the time, and they need to institute some safeguards to reduce or prevent the potential for fraud.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks