What's new

Weekly RoundUp 12-11-2007 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I did pick up HP 5 on BD at Wal-Mart at that nice $21.77 price (I needed it for X-mas gift to be given out tonight), otherwise, I'd probably wait for the BOGO sale coming up this Sunday as well. I am waiting for the BOGO sale on Bourne Ultimatum HD DVD.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Hmmm...

I just wanted to pass along to all of my RoundUpper buddies in case this isn't widely known yet. On a whim, while picking up Lost at BB today, I pulled the trigger on the Oswald and Donald Disney Treasures, and now, I am glad I did! Much to my surprise, the print run on Donald (as well as the new Disneyland set) is a paltry 50,000 units. This is easily the smallest print-run for any volume in the Treasures series (the next lowest is 65,000 for a title or two from Wave 6) and it pales in comparison to the 125,000 - 175,000 which is more the norm for previous Treasures releases.

Oswald, BTW, has a print run of 120,000.

FWIW, The Chronological Donald Volume 1 had a print run of 165,000 and The Chronological Donald Volume 2 had a print run of 125,000. So, that means out of the 165,000 buyers who potentially bought volume 1 and may want to continue collecting this series, 110,000 of them are going to be shut out.

The bottom line is if you are interested in Donald, you should probably pick it up sooner than later...

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the heads up on the Disney Treasures. I was going to hold off until after Christmas (then I could see if I get them or wait until I have more money after gift giving) but I'll probably pick them up now.

And enjoy Lost, it's a great season.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Yup. The old Wal-Mart YMMV situation is alive and well. The BD & HD-DVD version of HP & tOotP were $29.99 at my local W-M. The first four HP flicks were each $24.95.

JeremyLG

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jeremy
Sorry if I am unfamiliar, but I am trying to figure out what "BOGO" means.

Jeremy G.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
it would make more sense if b1g1 was used.

it means buy 1 get 1 free

hey, (mike)how'd you do that..

(yes welcome to the forum. that you've been here for 5 years now,14 posts):eek:

JeremyLG

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jeremy
Thanks for answer - and I do like the b1g1 idea.

Yeah, I haven't posted much. I try not to look to much otherwise all my money would be gone! :)

I got the $98 HDDVD player from Walmart a few weeks back..... now I just need the HD TV to go with it. Seriously, still loving on my standard until I can get the money. But, I needed another DVD for the other room anyway, thought I might as well get the HDDVD player since it was such a good deal.

Jeremy G.

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
I ended picking up Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (standard definition) and High School Musical 2: Extended Edition at Circuit City today. I completely spaced on the free gifts with purchase, but the CC employee was nice enough to remind me: I got the HPatOotP 2008 Calendar and the High School Musical Trivia & Quiz Book.

Elsewhere, I picked up Bourne Ultimatum HD DVD and Transformers HD DVD for $29.99 each. Both of these titles will be on a BOGO (or B1G1) promotion next week, so I'll stop by next week to get the price match. I just wanted to make sure that I was able to get the 2 titles that I wanted. My store had a bunch of Bourne Ultimatum HD DVD copies, but only had 2 copies out of Transformers HD DVD.

By the way, does anyone know if there is more that one version of Bourne Ultimatum on HD DVD? I only saw (and bought) the "Combo Format" HD DVD. Is there a "regular" (i.e. non-combo) HD DVD version of Bourne Ultimatum? I was concerned because I have read of some problems with the Combo Format discs.

FranklinC

Stunt Coordinator
Just a heads up. I went to CC yesterday to buy Lost Season 3 for the advertised $34.99. I noticed the sign on the shelf said "$35.99" and it rang up as that price as well. When I mentioned to the clerk that it was advertised $34.99 he changed it before I was even able to show him the ad. I got the feeling he already knew about it. Sure, it's only a buck but still, watch out!

I'll be buying the WDT: Secrets set now, also...

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Nothing for me (maybe a few rentals) but I did see the Walt Disney Treasures (all three titles) at Target for $24.99 each.

LCD22

Screenwriter
Correction: the Best Buy bonus exclusive disc for The Bourne Ultimatum steelbook (not the Jason Bourne Collection, which I'm been told doesn't have an in-store exclusive):

Big City Action
The Evolution of Nicky
Moby "Extreme Ways (Bourne’s Ultimatum)" Music Video

Sorry for any confusion or inconvenience this may have caused. It's frustrating as I even confirmed this with two employees in the electronics department on the phone. And they did reserve my copy for The Jason Bourne Collection, so I'll need to pick this up or call back and tell them I don't want it anymore. The nearest store is pretty far and through mostly country back roads, so the roads were less-than-ideal on Tuesday night with the ice storm.

If anyone doesn't want their bonus disc that came with the steelbook, let me know. ;)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Dropped a ton at BB tonight...picking up a ton of gifts, etc. I used the on-line coupons posted in another thread in the Bargains forum to great affect.

However, my BB only had the Oswald tin tonight (Walt Disney Treasures). They received none of the Disneyland or Donald tins! :angry: I told the customer service clerk that stocking only one of the three titles made it pretty hard to take advantage of their already clumsy 2/$40 deal. She agreed and shook her head muttering, "Yeah, I don't know who comes up with these things." So, anyway...she gave me a raincheck that included the sale price when they finally arrive.

I did notice that my local BB did have a copy of that 90 disc United Artists set! :rolleyes

And...they had at least 60 copies of the Bourne Ultimatum steelbook in the store. Probably more!

============================

Also made a quick stop in my local BJs Wholesale Club tonight. The From the Earth to the Moon set has now dropped to $17.99! Didn't see much else which stood out.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I'm going to close my eyes and wish real hard for Blu-Ray editions of the Disney Treasures sets. Already missed out on too many. . .

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Oooh. Maybe a nice letter to Santa (or Roy Disney!) could help with that. :D

Just think...all of Donald in ONE BD set (sted three volumes), etc.!

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa

Yeah they said the same thing when DVD Came out, problem is there's no money in it to sell you one volumne of something over 3 volumes, so it'll never happen.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Well, actually I was just thinking they would combine the three volumes into one box set or something...instead of parceling them out over several years' time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks