What's new

Weekly RoundUp 11-8-2005 (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
picked up boyz in the hood for 5.74 After matching the CC add at bestbuy.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I don't think so. I think Cannibal Holocaust was released October 25.

================================================== ========

Think I'll pick up The High & the Mighty at CC for $9.99...and 2-disc Charlie & the Chocolate Factory at BB with some BB bucks. Wish I'd known about the Amazon pricing back when! Considered the Ghostbusters set for $9.99 at CC, too. But, I have the original release of G1 and am not a big enough fan to warrant the double dip...although that seems like a really attractive price.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
I believe "Reefer Madness - The Movie Musical" is coming out on Tuesday as well.

Amazon.com: $18.89
Best Buy: $24.99 (not available in stores)
Circuit City: $27.01 (3 cents over the MSRP????)

Regards,

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
arsh: Not sure what you mean. There's a $3 coupon for Christmas with the Kranks that ran in the Sunday papers. Haven't heard about any promotion featuring CwtK and any other films. Can you be more specific?

Alastair Sim rocks, George! :emoji_thumbsup: Too bad the SE got cancelled for this year. :thumbsdown:

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper

Am I reading this correctly? I am NOT a reward zone member. Does this mean that I can walk into Best Buy and pick up the single disc Charlie and the Chocolate Factory for $12.99?

Or is this refering to the old Gene Wilder version only?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
willie wonka and the chocolate factory/charlie and the chocolate factory are 2 different movies.

well n/m you probably know that but anyway the 5.99 is only for willie wonka.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

I would assume since it's Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory, instead of Charlie & the Chocolate Factory, that it's the Gene Wilder film in the offer.

Bob Black

Stunt Coordinator
For those of us in the New England area, seems Newbury Comics will have the Beavis & Butthead Collection for $19.99 on Tuesday and Wednesday ONLY!! I just got an email from them.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Jeff: Short answer--Nope, you're not reading it correctly. As has been explained, Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory is the $5.99/$12.99 deal at BB this week (Wilder Movie). Charlie & Chocolate Factory is a horse of a different color.

Randall Z

Stunt Coordinator
Don't Super Bowl Highlight DVD sets for several NFL teams come out tuesday as well? I guess no specials anywhere. :frowning:

John Gido

Second Unit

Does anyone know if McD's BB Bucks can be used in addition to this coupon? If so, that would make the final cost $10.99 ($6.00 off). :D

Michael Sliger

Second Unit
Besy Buy appears to have quietly put this week's Doctor Who releases at an even better sale price than was listed on their website Sunday. City of Death is available for only $22.49 and The Claws of Axos is only $20.69. The price for the former is astounding (besting Amazon by about $2). Sadly, BB.com claims that the closest store with any stock of those disks so far is about 30 miles away from me.

John Gido

Second Unit

Well, I've answered my own question today. The Best Buy in Totawa, NJ has an undocumented policy whereby McD's BB Bucks CANNOT be used towards new releases. :angry: However, YMMV depending on which store/manager/cashier you go to as I have used them before on various occasions at this same store.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Michael, i went to BB for Dr Who: City of Death, and they didn't have it in stock yet. They said it is on order, but didn't know if it was pushed back or not. They did have Claws of Axos which was the other episode to come out today. Of course they would have the one i didn't want.

Just looked at the BB site, and no store in 100 miles of me has it. I guess it is a cheap week for me...nothing. Might order Enterprise season 4. It is cheaper this week on Amazon than it was release week.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks