What's new

Weekly RoundUp 11-6-2007 (1 Viewer)

Brett G

Stunt Coordinator

I picked up the fridge set at bb today and it does have the same set as everyone else just inside of a fridge with some magnets. Not exactly worth it but since bb had the best price anyway, it works for me...

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
The Best Buy Carnivale deal is nuts, but yes, that's the price, $19.99. Seinfeld seasons 1-8 were $16.99 each at the local BB so I filled in some holes there too.

Stephen J*

Stunt Coordinator
My local Best Buy did NOT have A Wish For Wings that Work or Chuck Jones Collection. Associate even checked the electronic inventory. Nothing, and none expected.

Hope anyone else looking for these had better luck. We'll see tomorrow if Circuit City has a better in store selection.

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Went ahead and picked up Ratatouille at Toys R Us to get the surprisingly nice hardcover children's book.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Is this online only? I was at BB tonight and there were no sale signs and I didn't see it in the sales flyer.
:confused:

Mary_P

Second Unit
I saw "Carnivale" (first season only?), the first season of "Oz," and most seasons of "Six Feet Under" at Sam's Club last night for under $20. I was going to say I've never seen HBO product discounted that low, but then I remembered I bought the first season of "The Wire" for under $20 this summer at a Sam's Club sale.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Too far away for in-store pickup (80-mile round trip). I just went ahead and ordered them online. Shipping charge ($4) is cheaper than gas to drive to the store again.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Crap. Was this something the clerk had to do at checkout? I was hoping it would be inside the case with the discs.

I actually purchased TWO copies of Ratatouille (one SD, one BD), yesterday, at my local BB. It was one of the more confusing transactions I ever had there--which began with the return of a disc.

Besides those two discs, I had a BD copy of the Pixar Shorts Collection.

The two BD Disney discs gave me a $10 discount. I had a $5 pre-order on the BD Ratatouille. AND, I went ahead and pre-ordered two copies of PotC: At World's End (one ND, one SD) to get another $5 off two Disney DVDs ($14.9 and higher).

I ended up walking out of there completely forgetting about the Movie Cash...AND forgetting to even record the transaction on my RZ card. :eek: :angry:

The RZ points I can do easy enough on-line. But I suppose I'm screwed out of the movie cash. :frowning:

I suppose part of the problem was that I did the transaction at the Customer Service counter rather than a regular checkout. I would have thought, though, that the Movie Cash should have showed up on the guy's screen. :thumbsdown: Bad on me.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I thought that too, which is why I spent some time trying to find a disc that was labeled as such. Didn't find any so just figured that I was out of luck. Then when I checked out, the clerk said "with the purchase of Ratatouille, you get two free passes for Enchanted."

She actually scanned the passes into the computer (they're all shrink-wrapped in some oversize Disney marketing thing) and they print on the receipt. So I would just take your receipt back to the store and say you would like your free passes that they didn't give you the first time (maybe you'll get 4 since you bought two copies of Ratatouille).

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
Costco has the Complete James Bond for either $169 or $179.

(But damn it, they didn't have any Best of the Colbert Report.)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Dude: You rock. If she scanned the passes, it sounds like I might have a chance (providing they have some left).

I looked for some kind of marking on the packaging, too. Didn't find anything. And then it slipped my mind.

I actually had to make a chart on paper to make sure I got all the right deductions with those different deals/pre-orders, etc. :rolleyes:Should have written that down, too! :D

Bob Pierce

Stunt Coordinator
Just wanted to mention that when I was browsing the isles in Best Buy tonight, I noticed that they had the complex Six Feet Under set for around $169 on sale. Wish I had a lump sum to pick it up, but I guess it'll have to wait (sigh!)

Bob

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
Got both seasons of Carnivale at my local BB. There was no sale price on the shelf. You must have the item scanned, but believe it or not, they are actually $19.99 each! :)

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
The price on Seinfeld S9 at Target is $29.99. I won't have time to check out the bonus disc until possibly the weekend, but I DID grab the last copy they had on the shelf... I'll wait on the Pixar disc---hoping it will take a price drop before Christmas.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member

There are no signs, and it's not in the sales flyer. But they ring up at $19.99. How anyone found out about this deal, I have no idea. But it's there, in the B&M stores.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks