What's new

Weekly Roundup 11/4 (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member

Here's my thinking on the subject: this isn't a great deal at all. I can go buy Finding Nemo for $14.99 or less without too much effort, right? (Actually I'll pay $14.24 for it at Wal-Mart in about an hour, but let's stick with $14.99 for now.)

If I take up BlockBuster Video at their "kind" offer, I can get rid of an old piece of schlock to them and save an additional $2 (or less) over someone else's price.

Um...won't most places that buy or trade used DVDs give me MORE than $2 in cash or credit for them? Heck, I can probably sell them for $3-$5 at a yard sale, esp. in good condition.

It might be a better offer this week for Legally Blonde 2, instead. The best price I've seen on it is Wal-Mart's $16.14, and so now we're talking about saving a whole $3.15! Wow!

BBV's deal makes it easy to get rid of those oldie moldies, true, and might be a good option if there's noone else in the area. But I think Roundup readers probably don't want to use this as a big option to get those titles...I foresee that most of the dozen on that list will be at Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Circuit City, Target, and/or Costco for $14.99 or less. And those that sell for more, like Legally Blonde 2, won't be much more. Put a tad more effort into selling off your used titles, and I betcha you'll come out ahead!

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
It depends on the title you have. There are some that are common enough that you aren't going to get much for them. I agree that this isn't probably a good deal for Finding Nemo, since there are some really cheap prices out there, but it may be worth it for something like X-Men 2, which I suspect will have a low of 17.99...

Jason

Randy B A

Supporting Actor
Dave, or anyone with the Answer. Will the Little House stand alone DVDs be included in the season sets in which they aired? Or will these have to be purchaced seperate?

Thanks Randy B A

Scott Shanks

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott Shanks
If you weren't there when Circuit City opened, you didn't get a mousepad. Only 30 per store. I arrived at 20 minutes after opening and they were all gone. Called another store, same story.

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
Cool news, the CC mousepad is liquid-filled. I guess it's different than the one the reviewers got though, because there is no Bruce to be found.

As I was leaving they opened up a new box of mousepads which looked to hold at least 20, and there were 2 registers open. So it would appear that my store had more than the 30 min. but it didn't look like they would last too long.

Of the 30 or so people who were there when they opened I saw at least 4 or 5 people who were buying 4 or 5 copies, and probably about 10 people who were buying 2 copies. I've never seen anything quite like it. Nemo could be huge.

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
So were any of you right-coast people able to successfully used the Best Buy Coming Attractions 10% Disney coupon on Nemo today? At least one left-coast inquiring mind would like to know...;)

Yeah, I know it's a bit early but hey...it's 11:30 AM over there on the left coast at this moment and I'm sure someone must have bought their copy of Nemo at BB already.:D

Joe6pack99

Second Unit
Real Name
Jarett
SCORE! Nemo for 14.44 after tax. Actually got CC who was a $1 cheaper in the first place to take the BB 10% coupon.

Nick T Robot

Supporting Actor
Finding Nemo at Costco is $17.99 and comes packaged with a "Junior Novelization"

I got it at Best Buy with the CD/DVD Wallet and they did honor the 10% off any Disney DVD from the Coming Attractions Volume 1 DVD(Which they are still giving away)

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Will the Little House stand alone DVDs be included in the season sets in which they aired? Or will these have to be purchaced seperate?
All of the single-disc Little House episodes will be on season sets. The exception to this rule is the 2-hour Pilot movie, released on the same day as the first and second seasons by Goldhil.

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
Dave, or anyone with the Answer. Will the Little House stand alone DVDs be included in the season sets in which they aired? Or will these have to be purchaced seperate?
Yes they will be included in the season sets. Edit: Dane beat me to it :D

Went to Wal-Mart and got Nemo for $14.98 and price matched Friends for $29.99. Got home to find my Friends box contained 2 Disc 2's, no Disc 1, and the hubs for 3&4 shattered :angry:
Thankfully my wife has agreed to make the exchange when she takes our son to Taijutsu class tonight.

Chris

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Scored Nemo for $14.99 at BJs Wholesale Club. They are selling it for $17.99 minus a $3 instant rebate good through November 9.

Since I was there anyway I decided to get Nemo at BJs rather than make the extra trip to BestBuy to use the 10% coupon.

ALSO!!! Nemo at BJs came in a cardboard long box which includes a $3 off coupon for Pirates of the Caribbean which is good 12/2 through 12/7 (POC release week)! Pirates is a definite buy for me so I think this works out pretty good! :D Attention, Malcolm! ;)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Thanks for the heads-up. I had planned on going to BJ's this weekend anyway to make a return (Buffy S4, which I already had :b ) and an exchange (Angel S2 with a scratched disc), so I can grab these too. Didn't happen to see if they have the Looney Tunes collection, did you?

Plus, next door to my BJ's is a new Best Buy having it's Grand Opening weekend this weekend. Perhaps they'll have some good deals too.

Carlos V III

Stunt Coordinator
Considering how hit-or-miss my Wal-Mart has been on recent releases I was shocked to find they had the "Honeymooners Classic 39 Box Set" for $38.86. Needless to say I grabbed it since I haven't had any luck getting someone to STL for an AMAZON purchase.
Luckily I did get STL for my DS9 Season 6 set that's on it's way!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Stopped at Wal-Mart on the way into work and got the following:

$14.24 Finding Nemo w/free CD-ROM game (probably the best add-on I could have gotten, since my son's into PC stuff now)
$16.14 Legally Blonde 2
$28.48 Friends Season 5
$38.86 Honeymooners: Classic 39
$94.98 X-Files Season 8

Note that I showed the 10%-off Best Buy coupon to them, and they considered taking it off, but Wal-Mart's policy is that they will accept competitor dollar-off coupons but not percent-off coupons. BB's price was still about 15 cents higher, and in any case BB's been rotten to me lately except for two outstanding guys, and Wal-Mart has been absolutely terrific to me. So Wal-Mart got the sale.

Will try Borders later for Ox-Bow, Duran Duran, and some others...thanks Andrea for the coupon!

Howard Glenn

Stunt Coordinator
Finding Nemois selling like hot (fish) cakes!

My local Circuit City received about 300 mousepads and over 1200 copies of the DVD set. Before lunch time, all mousepads were gone, and aprox. 700 copies of the DVD's as well!

Howie

Ed O'Neill

Second Unit
I find it amazing that every store has some type of deal going on for Finding Nemo

BB - 15.99 with free cd case- min 65 perstore..Lokks like my store had plenty.

CC - 14.99 with Free mouse pad if you were 1 of the first 30 in the store

Walmart - 14.78 with Free cd-rom game

Linenens and Things - $5 off if you buy three orville popcorn. It just so happens it was right near the register when I was in there today.

BJ's - 14.99 with Instant $3 rebate. They did thiis with The Hulk as well..Maybe there new "hook"

So where to buy?

I bought at BB to get the free nemo disc case for 14.99 (price match CC). I then had to go to walmart for something and knew they had a free cd-rom game. I was debating what to do, so I bought it there also. Now for the delema return the one to BB with or without the free case.

Signed
Ed

Joel Vardy

Supporting Actor
Got Nemo for what is now the pedestrian price of $14.99 at Target. The big surprise came when I went to Costco to pick up Friends 5 for $28.99 and also an OK price for Blonde 2 for $17.29. On checkout the cashier pointed out to me that Blonde 2 has a REBATE for $4, making that deal the lowest in the area $13.29!!

Joel

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
Man! My CC has sold out of the mousepads. Only this forum could make me feel disappointed that I'm only getting a 2-disc set ;)

And by the way, 500 posts for me! Woohoo!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks