What's new

Weekly RoundUp 11/23/04 (1 Viewer)

Daniel`D

Stunt Coordinator
Not alot that I can buy, I've already been told that I should stop buying stuff because if I keep it up nobody will be able to find stuff for me for Christmas but anyways if I pick up anything it will be
- Golden Girls: Season 1
- Harry Potter Years 1-3
- Lizzie McGuire Vol. 1
- The Ranch (Unrated)

Thanks for the RoundUp

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
Harry Potter/Azkaban for me. I'll be trying to price match CompUSA at Best Buy on Tuesday.

Thanks, Mike!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Be aware that most advertised specials this week only run through Wednesday, pending release of the post-Thanksgiving circulars.

"The Golden Girls" and "Harry Potter" for me this week.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Two copies of The Golden Girls...one for me and one for my best friend for Christmas.

That's definately it until Friday, when I hope somebody puts some box sets on sale cuz my bf would be tickled to see The Simpsons or Buffy in his stocking for Christmas. I'd like to get TOS S2 and Farscape S4 too...but Wednesday's paycheck is only going to stretch so far right now.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Do you have a Costco nearby? They have a coupon for the weekend for $12 off WB and Fox TV sets. That brings most of them to under $30.

Nick T Robot

Supporting Actor
Not buying a thing, Probably won't until Matrix and 24: Day 3 come out Dec 7th. Might get Spiderman2 next week.

If Seinfeld wasn't on TV all the time I'm sure I would get it. I loved that show. But I've seen every episode several times at this point, some shows dozens of times.

Mike Frezon, I loved that George Costanza’s answering machine quote, Almost made me want to get the DVD.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Yeah. I should start getting kick-backs from the studios, eh?! :D

Honestly, I'm not a huge Seinfeld fan...but when I saw that episode (probably in syndication sometime), I never laughed so hard than at that scene. A very funny moment in a series over-flowing with funny moments.

Thanks, Nick! :emoji_thumbsup:

KyleK

Second Unit
I can't even believe you guys!

Is no one picking up the Ewok Adventures? I know I am! Ten bucks for two more furry adventures? What a deal!

But seriously, can someone tell me if these movies are actually any good? I used to watch them when I was a kid, so I can really remember how they were.

Thanks,
Kyle:D

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Well, I know it seems like a good deal. $8.99 at BB. actually. But if you proceed you will forfeit your membership here at the HTF. Sorry.

:D j/k I'm sure there's got to be a 300 page thread over in software somewhere extolling the greatness of these three releases. Good luck! Hope you enjoy 'em! :emoji_thumbsup:

Daryl Stovall

Second Unit
Thanks Mike!
- Seinfeld Seasons 1 - 3
- Golden Girls Season 1
- Home Improvement Season 1
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- The Terminal

Jimmy M

Second Unit

Mike, not to nitpick (well OK, I am nitpicking...but in a nice way!) but the 2 Ewok movies are live action. :D

Jimmy!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Doh! Jimmy, thanks for the slap to the face! I needed that! :D

Even when trying to inject a small amount of humor into the RoundUp, I still want to keep my facts straight.

I wouldn't consider that "nit-picking" at all. I'd put it in the category of "fact checking" actually. Or, "public service". :emoji_thumbsup:

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
OK for the record:
There are 3 Star Wars releases tomorrow:
1. Star Wars Animated Adventures - Droids (The Pirates and the Prince / Treasures of the Hidden Planet). This is the short lived series edited down to 2 features of about 90 minutes each.
2. Star Wars Animated Adventures - Ewoks (The Haunted Village / Tales from the Endor Woods). Same as Droids but for the furry critters.
3. Star Wars Ewok Adventures - Caravan of Courage (aka The Ewok Adventure) / The Battle for Endor (1985). these are the live action DTV movies.

I picked up the droids early last week, have yet to watch. I may pick up the others....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks