What's new

Weekly RoundUp 11-22-2005 (1 Viewer)

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
I remember liking it. For 14.99 it was as good as mine, picked it up this afternoon. For 30+ I wouldn't get it.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
I'll definitely get the King Kong Tin

And may be huh huh 9 songs for the scenes. :D

Thanks for the round up Patrick and Mike

Jan H

Senior HTF Member
No problem, Mike, thanks for all the work you do. :emoji_thumbsup:

The best price I've found for RUSH R30 is $27.99 for the DVD plus the bonus 2 CD at both BB and AMAZON. If anyone finds better, let us know! Thanks.

Al (alweho)

Second Unit
Silly you! This makes outfitting the private jet or the Summer cabin up in the Alps so very much easier. No more lugging around all those DVDs on your trans-continental jaunts. Besides the butler always loses a disc out of those box sets!

ChristopherBlig

Stunt Coordinator
So explain the Best Buy deal with King Kong Collection, which the ads don't even do at all...Is it 2 copies of King Kong (the tin and what comes in the seperate King Kong Collection along with Mighty Joe Young and Son of Kong?

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Its the tin version of Kong plus the other two films but in a completely different box. Imagine the King Kong Collection but with the CE tin included.

There is also a discussion of the BB set in the Software Section. Linky

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Hmm. After the DDD sale, I really shouldn't shell out $100+ more for just the bare essentials of what I NEED this week (Leave it to Beaver, King Kong CE & both Seinfeld seasons). I guess I will have to go with just a couple of them this week (I can wait for the Seinfeld sets, I guess).

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

You're right, Kenneth, I don't.

Oooops! :D

Leave It To Beaver, Kong (2-disc), and Polar Express (2-disc)for me this week. That constitutes a HUGE new release week for me! And, in fact, Beave may get put away for Christmas! :frowning: :)

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Got some more new release stuff for Target:
Rush R30 is only $19.99 (I saw the title and remember it from the forum...is there more than one version coming out?)
Barbra Streisand $39.99
Jack Johnson and Friends $19.99
Shirly Temple Collection 2 $24.99
AvP Unrated $19.99

And I saw the King Kong Tin tonight...VERY cool packaging. It's a hinged cover, not a slipcase. Can't wait til Tuesday!

Jan H

Senior HTF Member
There are two Rush R30 releases: DVD only and DVD plus 2 CDs of the same show (I believe), called the Deluxe Edition. $27.99 is the best price I've seen for the Deluxe Edition.

stephen la

Stunt Coordinator
a question about the Aeon Flux bonus disc from circuit city.
is it a collection of other non-aeon flux animated shorts?
because I understood that the aeon flux set
contained all the aeon fluxes ever..including the original ones from liquid telivision

I already preordered from amazon so Im hoping I dont have to cancel it.

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
I was at Best Buy today and near the new releases they had a bunch of envelopes offering a free movie ticket.

The deal is thus:
Get a free movie ticket for Memoirs of a Geisha or Fun With Dick and Jane when you buy one of the following:
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon SE
Eat, Drink, Man, Woman
House of Flying Daggers
Once Bitten
Once Upon a Time in China Trilogy
Original Sin (Unrated)
Sense & Sensibility
Bad Boys SE
Spanglish
A League of their Own
The Cable Guy
Y Tu Mama Tambien

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
Gah, Mejier sucked today. I went to get King Kong (classic) there, and they didn't have it..but they had the crappy 70 remake instead!

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Meijer's has Polar Express 2disk for $15.99. I thought it was an ad error but there was a tag on the rack in front of it. Cheaper than the single disk there!

Wish I had been thinking -- I wouldn've brought the ad with me and price matched at BB and get RZ points.

BB doesn't seem to want people to buy the 2disc WotW. They had two display racks full of the movie, but the 2discs were on the back of the second display, further back in the store.

Debating on King Kong. trying to cut down my buying but I've got that itch for it and Target's price makes it tempting.

-paul

Lance_G

Grip
Just picked up Polar Express 2-Disc Widescreen at Fry's in Sunnyvale for $14.99. Thay had hundreds of copies in stock. Looks like they are only carrying the 2-disc version. I did not see any single disc ws or fs on the shelf. (They also have King Kong game for Xbox at 37.99 with a free movie ticket)

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Sorry Mike I was there this morning, but I didn't look for Beaver at all. But now that you mention that title, I don't recall even seeing it on the new release endcap or on my quick scan thru the TV sets. Of course I just could have overlooked it, since I wasn't looking for it.

But I did pick up Seinfeld seasons 5 & 6 and got the $10 in gift cards, and used that to get Kong for $6 after tax.

Alex S

Second Unit
Just got back from BJ's Wholesale Club.

Polar Express 2-disc - $18.99

WOW - single disc - $15.99

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks