What's new

Weekly RoundUp 11-20-2007 (1 Viewer)

Paul D G

Screenwriter

I'm going to try it. Everyone has the film for the same price so it doesn't really matter where I get it.

I'll post here if it worked since I'll be going there around 9am.

-paul

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Hey, Cliff! Post #1! Wow! Welcome to the HTF! I remember my Post #1...like it was...just six years ago! :D
Long time lurker?

Anyhoo...I'm even thinking of giving the coupon a try on the Blu-ray version. Can't hurt...and it would amount to the best deal (outside amazon).

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
I dont remember my first post...but i also dont remember last week! Oh well, M:I season 3, Die Hard on Blu-ray, and Live Free or Die Hard on DVD. Cause i dont want the PG-13 version on BD, thanks FOX!
I also have Hearts of Darkness coming from Amazon.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Man...I don't remember my first post either...but I CAN remember some of what happened last week! :laugh:

I think I'm gonna go blu-ray on LFoDH, Rick. I just loved the movie in the theater...so I'll just try to push it out of my mind that there's another "better" version with more blood and swearing to be had! I really do wish the BD was NR...but whatcha gonna do? :confused:

I remember thinking that this was a movie with pretty much non-stop action! :emoji_thumbsup:

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Mike:
It's weeks like this that I wish I still worked at Target to straighten these messes out before Tuesday!

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
For any New England residents wanting the 1-disc versions of LFoDH or Hairspray, Stop & Shop appears to have them for $11.77 and $13.99, respectively.

When I saw the Target ad yesterday, I thought the "deluxe edition" had exclusive content. Leave it to the HTF to set me straight. :) Now, I'll probably go for the steelbook at BB since it's the same price. I'll wait for the HD DVD release of Hairspray. And I may pick up the Dr. Katz series set this week.

And for people looking for something a little different, there's always this week's release of How and When to Dial 911.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
All right, Scott. Let's do some housecleaning and close that bracket after the first "url"! ;)

Man, you wouldn't believe some of the stuff I see each week that doesn't make it into the RoundUp. Really weird stuff.

This one comes to mind:

Pilates for Indie Rockers!

BTW, since this IS the RoundUp: $17.99 at Amazon.com! :D

John Burton

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
I saw "Rescue Dawn" on Blu-Ray at Wal-Mart this morning.
Amazon has it for $27.95

Also, the only difference between the new "Die Hard" movies (Rated and unrated) is Bruce saying "MF"? That is it? They couldn't put that on the Blu-Ray version? The running time are the same!

Paul D G

Screenwriter
$3 Target coupon worked on the Collectors/Deluxe edition. It should work on any version of Live Free or Die Hard.

-paul

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
AICN has a review that says there are other small differences between the Die Hard 4 versions. Apparently the lack of a BD version is because production takes longer. My guess is that it's because there's relatively little replication capacity for the 50GB Blu-ray discs, so you have to have everything locked down early if you want to ensure that they actually get to stores on time.

And now Rescue Dawn is available? I couldn't pre-order it two days ago!

adrian b

Stunt Coordinator
according to the box....
2 Days in the Valley re-issue is 16x9. (haven't opened it yet to verify).
Cover art is different.

got mine at the local big blue and yellow store....

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
FYI- Star Trek The Original Series Season One on HD-DVD/DVD is $179.99 at the Best Buy I found it at. Not $169.99 and the website doesn't list it today suddenly. And the employees couldn't do anything about it as it wasn't on the site!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

That is seriously screwed up. Best Buy is guilty of many things...but I've never known that to happen there. I can't find it there at all, either. :thumbsdown:

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for confirming that you can't find it either, Mike.

The sales associate at the second Best Buy was really nice to me and let me browse the computer listings that the employees look at and we both didn't see it! Well, $10 bucks more at the cost of this set isn't that much more, but it was still a bummer! I'd be curious if others are finding the same in other parts of the US. I'm in the SF Bay Area, California.

By the way, the store manager typed in the item number on their PC's and it doesn't show up on their system or on the website! Here's the item number of the pricetag sticker: 8614902

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
I was able to use the $3 off coupon for the 2-disc Live Free or Die Hard at a local Target today as well. The cashier scanned it and it worked fine.

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
DeepDiscount has lowered the price on the Blu-Ray Die Hard Collection to match Amazon. After the 20% off it's $66.36

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

TWO Targets in my area...and NO BD copies of Live Free or Die Hard.

I am usually okay with "release day" disappointments...but this was one of my favorite films of the year. Tons of fun! Thanks goodness that coupon is good until 11-30-07. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
My local Target had all four Die Hard Blu-Ray versions. The first two were $29.99 and the third was $32.99 (all regular priced).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks