What's new

Weekly RoundUp 11-20-2007 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

As you can see, Jason...there is no amazon price for the BD of Rescue Dawn. That usually means it's been pushed back...and I was going to excise it from the table. But then prices showed up at both BB & CC...so I included it.

But it might very well be delayed.

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor
I am confused. When you search bestbuy.com for live free or die hard you get 5 results. The last two are the 2 disc steelbook & the widescreen collector's edition. The steelbook has no rating listed on that page or on the description page. The widescreen collector's edition says nr (not rated) on the search page but when you click on it it says pg-13 version. Anybody know what gives on the 2 2 discers? I have the steelbook enroute to my apartment but I'm sure hoping it's the unrated version.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

It should be, Bill.

To me, LFoDH shapes up this way:

1-disc FS is rated.
1-disc WS is unrated.
2-disc SE is WS & unrated.
Steelbook at BB is the same as 2-disc SE.
BD is rated version(!).

I'm fairly confident the only people who get the rated versions are the Blu-ray owners and people who want full screen. Rated versions make for strange bedfellows, eh? :rolleyes

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
My Trek Set is in the Mail, I think I'll Be asking for Mission Impossible and WIld Wild West for Xmas. I'm Still Watching the Previous sets. I will say I'm a HD-DVD Guy but they better star getting better releases lately the Blue Ray Release Side has been was way better.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I jut updated Post #23. The BB steelbook of LFoDH IS the 2-disc SE.

The 2-disc SEs of LFoDH all seem to have movie cash in them to see a flick called Hitman.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Another question on Live Free or Die Hard: Target, who often has exclusive editions, shows a pic in it's ad of the 2disc version and labels it "Deluxe Edition includes LFoDH full-theatrical digital copy [...] and over 2 hours of extra footage." I'm a little confused by that. Are they mislabeling the SE 'deluxe', or do they have an exclusive which apparently includes the theatrical version along with the uncut version in the same box? 'full theatrical digital copy' is some odd wording.

[edit: i found the online version of the ad copy]
http://www.shoplocal.com/lid-2092438...0_-live-all.fp

-paul

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Excellent question, Paul!

BECAUSE...Target really had me scratching my head with this because of that very thing....AND that they did the SAME THING with the 2-disc SE of Hairspray. They are simply advertising--to the best of my perception--both those SEs as "Deluxe Editions."

This normally wouldn't be a problem except for the oodles of "EXCLUSIVE" DEs that Target has put out with bonus content this past year.

But, as far as I can determine...without use of the word "exclusive", these are simply the same ol' SEs that everyone else will have.

:thumbsdown:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

That is what is being reported in other forums by Best Buy employees who have seen them. That's the best I can tell you Bill. There are stickers ON-THE-BACKS of the SEs which contain the movie cash.

I don't usually report what is being discussed on other forums as fact...hence my need to qualify the above.

But I'm fairly confident that the first run of all the SEs will have the movie cash.

Christian Behrens

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Christian Behrens
Not sure where I got it from, but I'm pretty sure that Target has the normal cut of the movie for you to download to your (Windows) PC; that's the exclusive part.

-Christian

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
That's what I thought too but the ad sure doesn't explain it. One thing I'd be willing to bet on is that they didn't create two hours of bonus features for a Target exclusive, have it fit on the second disc and have it cost the same price as the 'regular' two disc edition. :)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Nope. Not exclusive. That PC download of the theatrical version is included on EVERY copy of the SE. This is a shot of the slipcover (the coverart underneath doesn't have the big splash at the bottom):

Cover art:

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
Would you happen to know if any of the titles in the collection include DTS soundtracks (I believe Fox's "Five-Star Collection" version of Die Hard includes it; can't remember off the top of my head if either Die Hard 2 and/or Die Hard w/ a Vengence also included DTS)?

Thanks!

hotrodguy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Cliff
Hey guys,

First, Mike and Patrick, thanks very much for the roundup each week, I know it is appreciated by all.

Upon closer inspection of that Target coupon, it shows the full screen version and specifies PG-13, the bar code may not work on a different version, anybody gonna give it a try anyway?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks