What's new

Weekly Roundup 11/18 (1 Viewer)

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
I saw the World Series DVD listed at both Circuit City's and Best Buy's websites, but am unsure if they will be in the stores. Rob, I think you would be able to find it somewhere, but I'll probably have to wait until Amazon ships me a copy. :frowning:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
if you have a coconuts near you and don't mind mail in rebates.

they have all 3 of the bond sets for 59.99 after $20 rebate.

also they have these for 4.99....

the doors
money for nothing
cabin boy
suicide kings
g.i. jane
play it to the bone
why do fools fall in love?
midnight in the garden of good and evil
three to tango
batman: the movie (tv show version)

Jimmy M

Second Unit
I cchecked out Blockbuster today; their computers show the 4 disc Lord of the Rings Two Towers for a low $21.99. I prepaid for mine just in case the prices change later on.

Jimmy!

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
I'll have to get that LOTR set from Blockbuster if I can get it that cheap. Wasn't planning on getting it otherwise. I also want to pick up Santa Clause 2, but money's tight.

Brian Johnson

Supporting Actor
A quick question about TTT.
I own the regular editions of FOTR and TTT.
Do you think after the ROTK is released on regular DVD that they will come out with a LOTR Ulimate Collectors Edition, with all 3 extended movies & the bonus material, etc? Or should I be buying up the extended editions now?

Thanks for the insight.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
David good work as always, and I gotta agree with your thoughts on Space Ghost C2C.

For me this week...
Aquateen Hunger Force
LOTR 2 Towers extended
Spaceghost Vol 1.
probably Sinbad legend of the 7 seas and

definitely...

Whooow! To be the man, you've got to beat the man, the Ultimate Ric Flair collection.

JohnDMoore

Stunt Coordinator
Already prepaid for my Two Towers (21.99 at Blockbuster), but still have to pick up ATHF and SGC2C Tuesday. Getting up early to ensure I have a copy (Circuit City better have enough).

Chris Duran

Stunt Coordinator
This Tuesday is going to kill me, and my wallet.
Tomb Raider 2 (Glad to see a few other peps getting this too), Lord of the Rings EE, Sinbad, Mario Kart, Mario and Luigi, and Beyond Good and Evil. Almost $200 dollars in one day, yikes. :)

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
For my fellow Dave Matthews Band fans, the Central Park Concert triple CD and double DVD come out on the 18th. This excellent 3 hour concert is highly recommended to all fans.

CD: $11.99 at BestBuy and Circuit City
DVD $13.99 at Circuit City and $14.99 at BestBuy

DanielCo

Stunt Coordinator
This is my first post, so I hope I do this ok.

First, thanks to David for this great update. I look forward to it each and every week.

Up here in the Northeast, we have Strawberries which is the same group as FYE and others. They have a number of rebates this week. I'm not a big fan of rebates in general, but if you have the patience, and trust:

West Wing listed as $29.99 AFTER $10 rebate.
Smallville is $39.99 after $10 rebate.
24 Season 2 also $39.99 after $10 rebate.
Godfather $54.99 after $20 rebate.
Sopranos Season 4 $59.99 after $20 rebate.
Bond sets $59.99 after $20 rebate.
Friends Season 5 $29.99 after $7 rebate.

In addition, they have the following at $4.99 each (no rebate...yea!):
Money for Nothing, The Doors Special Edition, Cabin Boy, Suicide Kings, GI Jane, Play it to the Bone, Why Do Fools Fall in Love?, Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, Batman (Adam West) Movie, Three to Tango.

And at $7.99:
Patch Adams Collector's Edition, The Game, Smokey & The Bandit, Baseketball, Corky Romano, Fatal Attraction, The Wedding Singer, City By the Sea, Van Wilder, and Boondock Saints

Again, this is Strawberries and I don't know how it translates to other FYE stores.

Hope this helps.

Robert_eb

Supporting Actor
Well, I was planning on purchasing The Two Towers EE and Once Upon A Time In The West. Than I looked at this list and noticed that The Last Tycoon was coming out.

Thanks Dave once again for the impact on my wallet!:)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Sam's Club was listing the TTT:EE Gift Set at $48.74. No idea what the BJ's price might be, though I recall they had a very low price on the FOTR:EE.

Also, as I noted in a separate thread, Costco has the Ultimate Gift Set of E.T. the Extra Terrestrial, which came out last year, back in stock for $49.99.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
danielCo, strawberries is the same as coconuts and your list is a more complete list of the deals i listed above in my other post.
i just didnt feel like typing all that in.

in other words all those in danielCo's list are the same for cocnuts and several other stores that i cant remember.

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
After seeing the prices on TTT:EE, I'm glad I went ahead and preordered from Overstock.com for 20 bucks and change. I knew that price was too good to beat!

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
We have an FYE around here, but it sounds like the Coconuts and Strawberries branches are the better stores. FYE tends to be pretty high-priced on almost everything. You can't really argue with a price of $29.99 after rebate for The West Wing. That's as close as it gets to actually walking up to Martin Sheen and stealing a copy from him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks