What's new

Weekly RoundUp 11-15-2011 (1 Viewer)

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Pretty busy week for me as I'll be adding the Three Colors Trilogy and Rules of the Game. I may also pick up the Looney Tunes and My Fair Lady. I'm waiting on West Side Story. I'm also tempted by the Firefly deal. I've seen Serenity (and thought it was ok), but not the series. Is the series better and did it come to some kind of end or are you left hanging?

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Thanks a bunch, as always, Mike. And congrats to Mrs. Mike on the book (and to you for dropping the extra pounds)!

I'm really tempted on Firefly since nothing else is calling my name this week. We'll see if resistance is futile after an early dinner (yeah, I know it's the wrong sci fi franchise...)...

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Thanks to everyone for all the nice words about the book!

I forgot to mention an HTF connection with the book. HTFer Ric Easton--who has been working hard at work lately and absent a bit from the forum (I can vouch for this!)--took the cover photo!

Ric is one of a a handful of HTFers I have met in the flesh and I think he did a great job getting that picture of Kelly (and those really are Peg's legs, too)!

If you want to see some of Ric's great art work designing custom DVD/Blu covers...check out HERE.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Matt's review of the blu-ray of the Three Colors Trilogy (Criterion) is just up and now linked-to in the OP.

Nothing controversial about this release (unlike WSS or MFL). Matt's giving it very high grades.

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
Mike Frezon said:
Thanks to everyone for all the nice words about the book! I forgot to mention an HTF connection with the book.  HTFer Ric Easton--who has been working hard at work lately and absent a bit from the forum (I can vouch for this!)--took the cover photo! Ric is one of a a handful of HTFers I have met in the flesh and I think he did a great job getting that picture of Kelly (and those really are Peg's legs, too)!  :tu: If you want to see some of Ric's great art work designing custom DVD/Blu covers...check out HERE.
Have you sold the movie rights yet? When is it coming to DVD?

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Congrats on the book! Sounds like wonderful achievements all around. I need to follow in a few of these footsteps.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
If we are basing the casting on your HTF thread activity, then Lindsay Lohan. ;)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
What's up with this week's release of Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides? I thought that was released a month ago?

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
...and I suppose the sequel will be called "The Scale Strikes Back"?

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Originally Posted by Malcolm R

What's up with this week's release of Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides? I thought that was released a month ago?

I don't think DIsney released the separate DVD of the movie back then. It was a Blu-ray combo pack or nothing if you want the DVD. They've been doing this with some of the releases for a while now.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Malcolm R

Good question. I have no certain answer--but conjecture.

What I do know is that I had a DVD release of Stranger Tides in the [url=http://www.hometheaterforum.com/t/315525/weekly-roundup-10-18-2011]10-18-2011 WRU. But I'm not 100% certain it was ever released. I only question it because I actually had two friends of mine both claim they couldn't find a DVD-only version of Stranger Tides anywhere. Then, I saw this release in the "New Releases" lists I use and on the retailer websites/flyers for this week.

Disney has been known to hold back DVD-only releases lately (The Lion King for just one example)...so I'm guessing the 10-18 Starnger Tides DVD release never happened...although it was listed at various places.

And I actually showed one of my friends where there WAS a DVD only release of Stranger Tides listed on amazon a couple of weeks ago. So I know it WAS listed there...

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Thanks Matt & Mike. I swear I saw the DVD only release at Walmart last month, as I debated how much I wanted to spend on the title (I didn't actually buy any, hoping it's a Black Friday title somewhere).

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I have added the link to Kevin's review of Beginners to the OP.

Not sure what's up with that title either. Amazon is the only place I could find Beginners for sale this week...

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Unfortunately, you are left hanging, as Fox shut down production right after that last episode was in the can. Although Serenity does not take place after right after that episode, it does manage to tie up some loose ends rather well.

I can say that there are bigger laughs in the series, and my favorite episode is one that never aired on the FOX network (who also aired the episodes out of order), Trash.

Originally Posted by DavidJ

Pretty busy week for me as I'll be adding the Three Colors Trilogy and Rules of the Game. I may also pick up the Looney Tunes and My Fair Lady. I'm waiting on West Side Story.

I'm also tempted by the Firefly deal. I've seen Serenity (and thought it was ok), but not the series. Is the series better and did it come to some kind of end or are you left hanging?
/t/316143/weekly-roundup-11-15-2011#post_3870056

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
For those of you near a Fred Meyer, they are advertising the Dragons DVD+BD Combo set for $12.99. Amazon has lowered their price to $16.99, so its the best deal out there by far if you are interested in the title.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks