What's new

Weekly Roundup 11/11 ...I'M BACK! (1 Viewer)

Bob Black

Stunt Coordinator
Whelp, after a 2 month absence from buying dvds, I am going for Three's Company S1 and T3:RotM
Geez, I wish I had your will power! The last 2 months saw the release of Indiana Jones, Loonie Tunes, Scarface, Treasure of Sierra Madre, Yankee Doodle Dandee, Lion King, Finding Nemo, Dragonslayer, The Italian Job, A Christmas Story, 28 Days Later, Hulk, and about twenty more titles I bought! How the heck do you pass on the Indiana Jones set? I was out Monday night at midnight to pick this one up! :)

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
Also coming out this week is the Pearl Jam - Live at the Garden set, which Target has advertised for $11.98. In addition, PJ is releasing their "rarities collection", Lost Dogs, on CD, which is $11.98 at Target as well, and $11.99 at Best Buy (who does not have the DVD listed in their ad).

FWIW, Ultimate Electronics/Soundtrack has T3 for $14.99.
$14.88, actually, but who's counting? :)

Thanks again, Dave!

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Well T3 and I'm swinging toward 3's Company. I've always appreciated the show but considered it a bit too fluffy since they always had the same basic storyline everyweek, but Ritter rose above the material. Lately comparing it to today's awful sitcom 3's company is shakespere, and a goo price too !

I want the silencers but oh that price why so damn high for an old Matt Helm Flick? Dean Martin was very cool thou.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Thanks David, good work as always.

King of the Hill, and 3's company for me this week.

Next week is gonna hurt.

willyh

Agent
Ultimate Electronics has T3 advertised on the front page of today's insert for $14.88. Off to price matching I go come Tuesday morning.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Probably just T3 and Pumping Iron for me this week. Pumping Iron not because of Arnold, but rather because of the REAL star of that documentary - Mike Katz. He was my health teacher my sophomore year of high school. He's a great guy - very nice.

I was planning on getting Dumb & Dumberer but since it would be a blind buy and I haven't heard many good things about it - at those prices, I'll wait until the eventual price drop, unless someone has it cheap for Black Friday.

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
I was planning on getting Dumb & Dumberer but since it would be a blind buy and I haven't heard many good things about it
I wouldn't recommend it. I saw it in the theater and it was mildly amusing, the first was much better. Rent it instead.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
since no one else mentioned it it was arnie in t-3.

Yeah, there's kind of an extra quote this week in the subject line of the Weekly Roundup. I give you a single guess as to which Roundup film it's from!

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Just something to look for in the mail for some of you. I got a Best Buy mailer (sort of like a mini-catalog), and it contains a coupon for "10% Off" a total purchase of any combination of regularly-priced media items (music, movies, video games), up to 5 total items.

This could be better than any of the coupons included with the Coming Attractions DVD because it doesn't specify any certain genre of DVD that you have to buy and because it's good for up to 5 things instead of just one. The drawback is it doesn't include "saled-priced" stuff, which people have been using the Coming Attractions coupons on with varying degrees of success.

The coupon expires 11/26. I thought I received this mailer because I'm a Reward Zone member but I looked and it was actually addressed to the resident who lived in my apartment before me. So who knows who's getting these?

Chad A Wright

Supporting Actor
Just T3 this week, and JFK goes on the Christmas list.

DFW area Fry's is advertising T3 at $15.48 or something like that.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Sorry Mike! Got mine on Friday, used it on Sunday. It's called "The Wonder Book," BTW. As in "I wonder if I'll get one" perhaps? :D

Oh, and the Grand Opening of the new Best Buy was a bust. No good specials, plus it's a dinky little store only about 1/2 the size of the store in Williston. I think it was originally permitted as a Bed, Bath & Beyond, so they may have been limited to whatever footprint was originally approved. :frowning:

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Reminder for Best Buy mavens:

This week's Coming Attraction coupons are: 10% off any Drama DVD and 10% off any Anime DVD. BB's prices for anime downright suck, but I may pick up a volume of Cowboy Bebop anyway.

Miles Lucasso

Stunt Coordinator
No mention of one of the best westerns ever made?

Once Upon a Time In the West. Comes out this Tuesday,
If you love westerns, get it! One of a Kind.

-Miles

Users who are viewing this thread