What's new

Weekly RoundUp 11-1-2011 (1 Viewer)

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Just back from Best Buy where I scored the Kill Bill blu's (can you say: finally?) for $6.99 each. But I forgot about Trainspotting, so back to the store for that later.

It's incredible, how they're getting worse all the time at identifying these sale prices in the store. I don't check flyers since I've been reading the WRUs here, so maybe other people are aware of these deals, too, but who knows. Today, however, was one of those times they surprised me by doing some decent restocking. They even had a few new catalog titles such as The Bad Seed.

Ashly Yeo

Stunt Coordinator
First off I want to say thank you to Mike for doing this every week. I don't post much but I always check this weekly for my BR purchases and have saved quite a bit of coin (and gas) through your hard work. So I went to BB to pick up Cars 2 for my kids as it has the overall better pricing than Amazon. In picking up the 3D BR, I saw they had displayed the Toy Story 3D BR at $29.99 each. I had mentally checked Toy Story from this WRU and had decided to go the AMZN route until I saw the BB's pricing on the shelf. I checked their flyer and it is indeed showing $29.99 for each Toy Story 3D BR, the best pricing this week. Just wanted to pass this along in case there are folks looking for 3D BR deals.

lvicious

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Lance G
Thank you Mike for the weekly round up. Cars 2, Snow Flower and Chicago round up my week.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Ashly Yeo

Thanks Ashly for your extremely kind words...and for the addition of some very good information. Your numbers are, indeed, correct. This is one of those instances in which I initially took the BB prices off the website and when I later got the actual flyer data missed updating the on-line numbers with the always more accurate flyer prices.

Thanks! I'm off to update the OP!

EDIT: I checked amazon and surprisingly, they didn't lower their prices to match the Best Buy in-store price. Those titles are still $37.49 @ amazon.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Ashly Yeo said:
First off I want to say thank you to Mike for doing this every week. I don't post much but I always check this weekly for my BR purchases and have saved quite a bit of coin (and gas) through your hard work. So I went to BB to pick up Cars 2 for my kids as it has the overall better pricing than Amazon. In picking up the 3D BR, I saw they had displayed the Toy Story 3D BR at $29.99 each. I had mentally checked Toy Story from this WRU and had decided to go the AMZN route until I saw the BB's pricing on the shelf. I checked their flyer and it is indeed showing $29.99 for each Toy Story 3D BR, the best pricing this week. Just wanted to pass this along in case there are folks looking for 3D BR deals.
I'm pretty sure that BB has the 3D cars 2 for $25 before any coupons this week. Also welcome to the forum? Ashly, you said you don't post much, how much of an understatement can that be. And I think that is a lurker record too . :P

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by TonyD /t/315841/weekly-roundup-11-1-2011#post_3866966

At this rate, we can expect Ashly's next post in December 2023! Tony, I'll meet you and Ashly here then. I'll be wearing a red carnation.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Toddwrtr

My review of It's A Wonderful Life Giftset on Blu-ray can be found [url=http://www.hometheaterforum.com/t/315946/its-a-wonderful-life-blu-ray-giftset-review]here.

Added to the OP! Thanks, Todd.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
TonyD said:
I'm pretty sure that BB has the 3D cars 2 for $25 before any coupons this week. Also welcome to the forum? Ashly, you said you don't post much, how much of an understatement can that be. And I think that is a lurker record too . :P
Yup, Best Buy's website is showing the 3D set for $25 (and the 2-disc set for $23!). I think I've made up Ashly's post deficit. We are the 1999ers! :)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Aaron Silverman said:
TonyD said:
Yup, Best Buy's website is showing the 3D set for $25 (and the 2-disc set for $23!). )
Not only that but I know because that's what I paid for it.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'm confused though, fellas. The OP lists Cars 2 (3-D) at $24.99. You're not reporting anything different...are you?!?

Ashly Yeo

Stunt Coordinator
Man, I didn't even see that. There must be something funky going on because I KNOW I have posted before. Yes, come to think about it, I have posted in the thread for the release of the Sound of Music BR. Yes I know I did because I got the discs earlier than most :rolleyes: and posted my impressions and images. Puzzling... As for my next post and lurking...here it is...I am posting and not lurking :P. I will say I have learned so much from everyone here at HTF all these years without much contribution (sorry!). And I have also saved a ton of money too not only through WRU but through the information I have gleamed off here and making good decisions in this crazy hobby that has weathered and helped me through several life changing events.

Ashly Yeo

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for getting my back Aaron. If I remember correctly, 1999 was the year DVD started to gain some traction outside the enthusiast community. Man, that was a long time again.

Ashly Yeo

Stunt Coordinator
Mike Frezon said:
I'm confused though, fellas.  The OP lists Cars 2 (3-D) at $24.99.  You're not reporting anything different...are you?!? 
You have it correct all along. I have no idea what the discussion is all about.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Mike Frezon said:
I'm confused though, fellas. The OP lists Cars 2 (3-D) at $24.99. You're not reporting anything different...are you?!?
Yep $25 Take off $5 for the Disney coupon. I took off another $5 for a reward zone cert and another $7.50 that I paid for preordering and getting the steel case. $7.49 otd

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Hmmm... So does BB have the best deal for Cars 2 BD then? $20+tax (for the 3D pack) after applying the DMR coupon? What about the 2D-only version?

I ended up not doing the TRU preorder -- their pre-deals price is $35 anyway.

Thanks.

_Man_

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
ManW_TheUncool said:
Hmmm...  So does BB have the best deal for Cars 2 BD then?  $20+tax (for the 3D pack) after applying the DMR coupon?  What about the 2D-only version? I ended up not doing the TRU preorder -- their pre-deals price is $35 anyway. Thanks. _Man_
I think BB has the best price of the major outlets (if you have a Nebraska Furniture Mart nearby then price match them at some store). The 2 disc BB has for 22.99 and I haven't found anybody significantly different yet. So even without 3D, i opted for the 5 disc combo. Made a semi-pauper of myself at BN today at the 50% off sale at about $15 a pop.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks