What's new

Weekly Roundup 10/7 (1 Viewer)

Todd Schnell

Second Unit
David,

Even though I don't post too often I read this thread every week. So thanks again for all the work you put into it! :emoji_thumbsup:

I hit CC for the Lion King this morning. A bit on the radio for those interested. It includes ear bud phones. Though it appears to be a cheep-ie, both the radio & packaging have Lion King Special Edition Disney them. That's kind of cool, & kids will probably love that. The store I visited had perhaps 30 people waiting for it to open this morning. Nearly all headed straight for the Lion King. There were 2 cases of radios. Just guessing but I'd say a case would hold 30-50 radios each. That is more than I expected. Kudos to CC for having a nice supply to go around. $15 for the DVD & a Lion King radio isn't to shabby.

Todd

Neil White

Supporting Actor
The Talons of Weng Chiang and The Dalek Invasion of Earth are both 2 Disc Sets. Both titles are currently available for less than the cost of the single disc releases (see my post above).
Thanks Howard and thanks for the heads-up on the deal (meant to say thanks in previous post).

N

Chris_Eff

Stunt Coordinator
If anyone has a Media Play by them they are running a promo of buy the lion king and another disney DVD 2 for $30. I picked up Lion King and Monsters Inc. for $30.

Wayne W

Stunt Coordinator
I went to TRU and they didn't have Sleeping Beauty or much of any other disney titles in stock.

I took the TRU ad to Best Buy and didn't expect a price match. But, they priced matched it with no problem. So I got SB & LK for $24.98 along with The Italian Job (remake) for $16.99. Not a bad deal.

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
a new Wal-Mart exclusive: Dora The Explorer: Cowgirl Dora ($14.44).
Thanks for the info, Dave! On my way now to pick it up (plus Lion King, of course). :)

You take good care of us in this thread. Thanks again!

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Pretty muh why catalog titles like Xmas Vacation , Christmas story, etc I buy online. I usually get them for close to the same price and I don't have to deal with B&M's that either do not stock them or bring in 2 copies. I only use B&M's for A Titles I know they'll have in stock.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
For those of you interested in Heaven's Prisoners, my local Borders does indeed have it. I have them holding that one plus Mark Of Zorro (new Fox Studio Classic). $14.99 each.

Andrea: You're Welcome!

In fact, a round of "welcomes" to all the Thanks I've gotten this week, and for most weeks. It brightens up my day to see the gratitude from all you swell guys!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

My Walmart did not have the sale price on the Lion King dvd but it was discounted at the register. I also picked up Christmas Vacation on sale.

Crawdaddy

Randy B A

Supporting Actor
I had no luck finding vacation or carpenter collections.

Costco did have an MGM horror 10 pack fo $49.99, it included:

the Brood
Burnt Offerings
Squirm
the Ghool
Species
Phantasm
Disturbing Behavior
and 3 others that I can't recall

Not bad $5 per movier.

Also Fry's had:
the Warner Legends box set for $49.99
Chucky collection $24.99
Wes Craven collection $24.99

Scott DeToffol

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott DeToffol
I went to Target (Plymouth, MN) and they didn't have A Christmas Story SE. The clerk said something about them doing some re-arranging and that it will be on their shelves next week. Stupid.

But I did get Lion King and a free 2 liter of Dr. Pepper!

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
I didnt watch the whole thing yet, but i can say that in my opinion this dvd sounds better than attack of the clones, and fellowship extended combined !The picture quality is good too .:D

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
* Best Buy is giving away a free DVD called "Coming Attractions, Vol. 1" with the purchase of any movie, CD, or videogame/PC game. It's chalk full of trailers and samples. "Limit 1 per customer".
I got this with my purchase of The Lion King. I haven't checked out the disc yet, but in the liner notes, there are chock full of coupons for discounts on DVDs, CDs, and video games!!!
:emoji_thumbsup:

Ryan FB

Second Unit
The single copy of the new Prince of Darkness release at the Circuit City near me was $9.99, so I snatched it up. Almost makes up for their total lack of The Lion King, which I'll probably just pick up later in the week at Best Buy.

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
My local Toys R Us worker bees were very nice about price matching Circuit City, so I got Lion King for $14.99 and Stitch the Movie for $5.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I had no luck at Toys R Us. They had many Lion Kings, but not a single Sleeping Beauty between the two stores near me. They did have titles like Monster's Inc... but of course not the one I wanted.

Picked up Lion King at Best Buy along with the previews disc.

josh4040

Second Unit
Real Name
Josh
Don't think this has been posted here, but I read on another forum, and then confirmed for myself there is a REBATE available at costco for Italian Job, it is 17.59 less 4.00 so 13.59! and the original is only 12.99 what a deal!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Borders did indeed have Heaven's Prisoners and Mark Of Zorro for $14.99 each, as they told me on the phone. I got those, plus I also nabbed Vegas Vacation (WS) there for $12.99 (saved me $2 from Best Buy or else a separate stop at Circuit City for the same price).

Best Buy is holding Christmas Story, both new Doctor Who's, and all four Doctor Seuss releases for me until Sunday.

I thought and thought about doing the Tower Records thing for Doctor Who that Howard brought up, but since I've got a 15% off coupon to use on 3 titles, the new Who's will cost me $23.79 each plus I get double RewardZone points, and I have them instantly with no possibility of getting damaged or lost in shipping.

Well, another week, another $200! :eek: :rolleyes:My credit card is loving me right now! Time for a 0%APR Balance Transfer soon... :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks