What's new

Weekly Roundup 10/7 (1 Viewer)

Howard Glenn

Stunt Coordinator
*Great deal on Doctor Who!

I just ordered The Dalek Invasion of Earth and The Talons of Weng-Chiang from Tower.com for $17.99 each including shipping. Make sure you order both titles, as their current free shipping offer has a $20.00 limit on it.

They have the regular list price incorrectly marked as $19.99 for each title, which accounts for the cheap price. If you're interested in getting these titles I would order them NOW! before the price changes on their website.

Howie

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
I enjoyed Toy Story, Monster's Inc. and those kind of movies. Is Lion King worth a blind buy? I hadn't planned on buying it, but Roger Ebert was really raving about the dvd on his show this week.
Well in Toy Story, the song "Hakuna Matata" from The Lion King is used in a very humorous way. So by watching The Lion King, you can understand that gag a little better. ;)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Lotsa stuff this week that I like, but the only one my wallet will allow me to purchase is The Lion King.

Damn stingy wallet.

Also wanted to recommend Down with Love! At least as a rental!

Thanks for the Roundup, Dave. I buy my DVDs at the same store every Tuesday, but I love reading through the Roundups regardless.

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Thanks David

definetly:
Lion King Gift

IF the wallet allows:
XMAS Story
Xmas Vacation
Vegas Vacation

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Just the two Christmas movies for me today. I already pre-ordered the Lion King box. I'm not sure if it's worth paying $20 more (It's just $35 at amazon). With Scarface it certainly was.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
The Best Buy web site is currently listing "The Mark of Zorro" as "Not Available" in their stores :thumbsdown:. Looks like I will be picking it up at Borders. :emoji_thumbsup:

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Target pricing matches what Dave has in his roundup chart.

Good Luck on finding the Vacation flicks. Went to WM, Target, and CC already and no luck at all on them.

Thanks Dave.

FYI the AM/FM radio at CC is a little cheesy but hey it was free and their price on LK is the cheapest.

Greg

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Anyone know what Kmart's price is on "The Lion King"? Their ad appears to just say "low price" and last year they had the lowest price on BATB.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
This morning I alreday hit Wal-Mart and got Lion King ($14.24), NL's Christmas Vacation - SE ($13.24), and a new Wal-Mart exclusive: Dora The Explorer: Cowgirl Dora ($14.44).

Andrea W. may want to take special note of the last one!

Everyone interested in the Beastmaster S2 release should run to TVShowsOnDVD and read the press release about S3...it mentions that all Beastmaster season sets are now SRP of $39.98, effective immediately! So the Roundup prices are too high and all out the window.

I'll be hitting up Borders and Best Buy for other releases later today, and perhaps back to Walmart to see if they get in Christmas Story, S&Son S3, & Cat In The Hat (they had places for these, just no stock yet). If possible, I'll get Best Buy to save my stuff until Sunday so I can get double points. :D

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
I may do the Toys-R-Us deal if they have Kiki's Delivery Service in stock -- shelves may still be depleted from that buy-2-get-1-free sale.

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
FYI/FWIW: One of the ads (Circuit City?) said that Cat in the Hat comes with a free ticket to the upcoming feature film.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
When i went to get my lion king and down with love dvds early this morning , i noticed some people were buying down with love in fullscreen !!!!!!!!!:angry: Now i got mine in widescreen,but the reason im mentioning this is because down with love, is one of those movies that uses that split screen process alot. Not to mention its 2.35.1 ratio.A shame.Oh well there the ones missing out, not me.

Neil White

Supporting Actor
Anyone know why the MSRP on the 10/7 Dr. Who's is so high compared with previously releases? I can't find any details.

Thanks
N

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Checked out Costco and Wal-Mart this morning and was very disappointed. No vacation films, no Christmas Story, and overpriced Lion Kings. :thumbsdown:

Howard Glenn

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone know why the MSRP on the 10/7 Doctor Who's is so high compared with previous releases?
The Talons of Weng Chiang and The Dalek Invasion of Earth are both 2 Disc Sets. Both titles are currently available for less than the cost of the single disc releases (see my post above).:)

Howie

Users who are viewing this thread