What's new

Weekly RoundUp 10/5/04 (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
that would be a great idea except you cant do store pick up on pre orders.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
quote:Yeah! My wife asked me, last night, if I'd be buying Aladdin on DVD.

I'm surprised she actually had to ask you that, Mike. I would think anytime she sees a coupon for a DVD in the paper she'd give it to you automatically, assuming you'd buy it even if you weren't planning on it, just because you'd be getting a bargain on it.
smile.gif

And don't forget to look for the specially marked Aladdin packages of GF mentioned in the ad. I'm sure your "kids" would be all over those.
wink.gif

Dave Corder

Stunt Coordinator
quote:Toys R Us is running a pretty good deal on Aladdin. Buy Aladdin for $19.99 and get any Disney DVD for $10 (excluding Aladdin!). So that's 2 Disney films for about $30 (time to pick up the uber-expensive Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh).

That's sounding pretty good to me. I recently decided that I ought to try to pick up as many DVDs of the Disney movies I grew up on as I can before they go out of print. I'll have to stop at TRU and see what kind of selection they have. If I don't like what I see, well, Wal-Mart, Best Buy, and Circuit City are just blocks away. Is this offer good on the gift set as well?

Time to start putting all the non-urgent DVDs on the Christmas list so friends and family can actually have something to get me this year (this week, that includes Shawshank SE and maybe The Untouchables).

Thanks Mike!

Dave

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
Walmart.com has Aladdin for 15.87 so I'm going to check their B&M this morning when I go out on a DVD run.

Otherwise:

Saved!

Shawshank

War Room

Untouchables

And a broken piggy bank...

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
+bongos start playing+

you guys sing the second parts(in parenthesis )

Gimme an F..............(F)

Gimme an R..............(R)

Gimme some E.E.........(E.E)

Everybody say....HEYYYY!!!!! (Hey!)

Everybody say weeeeee!....(weeeee!)

Thank you, Free

[/end bongos]

Mike, now you have it, in all its' glory. Your very own rock n' roll song breakdown.

Only one title for me this week and it isn't Shawshank Redemption.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Reading further into the discussion on Mike Portnoy's web site, the Dream Theater disc *is* widescreen (don't know if it's anamorphic though), and the sound mix is being very well received (many people say that it's much better than the mix on the CD).

And it has subtitles, which is cool.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
quote:Mike, now you have it, in all its' glory. Your very own rock n' roll song breakdown.

Sniff. Sniff. [dabs at tears running down cheeks] Geez, Zen. [wail]I love you, man![/wail]

On lunch hour today scored Aladdin for $15.87 at my local Wal-Mart...and then price matched Shawshank for the Target price of $15.99

I also saw F9/11 at Wal-Mart for $17.xx I don't remember 'xactly.

W-M also had the Aladdin gift set, but it wasn't priced and I was in a rush.

Heyyyyyyyyy-eyyyyyyyyy!

Weeeeeeeeee-eeeeeeeeee!

Jeff D

Supporting Actor
My results... Walmart had the same prices as listed for aladdin regular 15.87, shawshank was 19.87 (I had to go to target, so I didn't PM), and aladdin gift set was $39.99 and only behind the counter. Nothing like the $29.99 I got on the Lion King set.
frown.gif

I hit target and costco on the way home, got Shawshank.

At costco they finally had the Christmas Classics set, I got that and Aladdin box set for $34.99.

Walmart does still have Star Wars for the cheap price, but I could only find FS crap.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

It doesn't say. The offer pictures the Platinum Edition. My TRU was pretty picked over from the Buy 2 Get 1 Free sale, but they still had a number of Disney films available (Ichabod & Mr. Toad, TMAO Winnie the Pooh, Orig Freaky Friday, Lilo & Stitch, etc.) Even with Aladdin being more at TRU I still saved quite a bit on Pooh... In most stores it's priced well over 20 dollars.
thumbsup.gif

Good Luck!
smile.gif

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
quote:On lunch hour today scored Aladdin for $15.87 at my local Wal-Mart...and then price matched Shawshank for the Target price of $15.99

Oh. I forgot to mention I used that $1 off coupon on Aladdin (after buying three bags of Goldfish crackers).

Aladdin (Platinum Edition) = $14.87
thumbsup.gif

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
Friday the 13th sets are nowhere to be found at Best Buy's near me. Hopefully, more will come this week.

Thanks again.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
quote:keep an eye out for some of those best buy 10% coupons.

i just got a pack in the mail today for this weekend.

0ct 8th-11th.

Hey, me too!
thumbsup.gif
biggrin.gif

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Wiseass!
furious.gif

My wife calls me at work the other day and asks, "Are you expecting something in the mail from Circuit City?"

"No."

"Well, I think you're going to like it because they sent you a free gift card for being a 'special customer'!"

So, I get home and, sure enough, the mailer says "Free gift card for being a special customer"! I open it up and the deal is that for being a "special customer" they sent me a coupon which allows me a FREE gift card for 10% of any purchase over $199! Big freakin' whoop-te-doo. If I didn't know better, I'd say the promotions departments of Best Buy and Circuit City are both being run by the Malcolm de Sade.

Its almost as if they WANT you to be disappointed after being misled.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
quote:If I didn't know better, I'd say the promotions departments of Best Buy and Circuit City are both being run by the Malcolm de Sade.

Hey, I resemble that remark!
biggrin.gif

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
quote:Marquis de Sade, French writer who "invented" S&M, or the sadistic (get it?) enjoyment of cruelty and torture.

Yes, yes, I know about *him*....thanks for the info on his cousin; but why did Mike use him instead of his better-known relative?
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks