What's new

Weekly RoundUp 10/5/04 (1 Viewer)

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Let me mention that I have not, and will not buy the current Star Wars set
biggrin.gif
(I'll buy What's Happening before I buy that!)

Stephen J*

Stunt Coordinator
Acme Supermarkets sent out a sales circular last week with Aladdin for $19.99, and $9.99 worth of coupons for a free Oral B toothbrush, free box of Jolly Time micro-wave popcorn, and $3 off Huggies baby wipes and $3 off Sprite/Diet Coke.

They also sent a separate mailer with a $5 coupon off any $30 purchase. If you buy the movie and a few things, you should have enough to qualify.

Aladdin, The Hunger, The Untouchables, and North and South for me!

Keith M.

Second Unit
Any reviews of the Dream Theater dvd? For that price, I might just take a chance. I own a couple of their cd's and really enjoy their music...

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
quote:My only definite for this week is Aladdin, for $8.99 (from a $9.99 promotion last week at my local supermarket and a $1 off coupon in Sunday's paper - for buying 3 bags of Goldfish).

Yeah! My wife asked me, last night, if I'd be buying Aladdin on DVD. After I said yes, she handed me one of those very coupons! Score! And...both kids LOVE Goldfish!
thumbsup.gif

I'm not sure guys, but I would guess those coupons are included in with this Sunday's papers. Good luck!

BryanZ

Screenwriter
Looks like Aladdin, Shawshank Redemption, and Deep Impact for me. Expensive week. I, for one, will not be buying anything with Vampires nor Dawson's Creek.
wink.gif

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'm kinda enjoying the "what I WON'T be buying this week" policy.
wink.gif

It's a bit of a change from dwelling on what I can't afford to buy but would like to.

Although, for me, about 98% of what's on my RoundUp grid falls into the "what I WON'T be buying this week" category. But, probably, for each of us there are certain titles that when we see 'em we think, "No way!" :D

Michael Sliger

Second Unit
quote:Any reviews of the Dream Theater dvd? For that price, I might just take a chance. I own a couple of their cd's and really enjoy their music...

I have not seen a formal review yet, but there have been some comments posted by people who found early released copies. The concert itself is supposedly very good, but the DVD is presented in full frame (even though the preview clips were widescreen) and there have been some complaints about the sound mix. The extras are supposedly great, especially the multi-angle version of "Instrumedley" (a separate angle following each band member for the entire 15+ minute song).

http://www.mikeportnoy.com/forum/tm...58&mpage=1&key=

And Mike, beyond the identical concert hall, there is very little in common between this set and Cheap Trick's famous album.

Joe-Frietze

Stunt Coordinator
The wife will probably want Aladdin. But we've spent sooo much money on Halloween stuff, I'll probably have to wait it get anything else for awhile.

Anyway, thanks for all the hard work again Mike!

-Joe (who won't be getting "Fearless Vampire Killers" ever
tongue.gif

Jeff D

Supporting Actor
Anyone know if costco will be having a similar deal for Spongebob S2 that they did for S1? I've been capturing all the episodes on the DVR and would gladly pay $20 for the set over my homemade set.

Any advance info on wally's price on both Aladdins? I'm hoping the gift set matches the Lion King price.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
keep an eye out for some of those best buy 10% coupons.

i just got a pack in the mail today for this weekend.

0ct 8th-11th.

the only thing to worry about is waiting for those titles that they never have enough copies of.

then not being able to buy them with the coupon after all.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Just so every knows, today is the last day at Walmart for Star Wars on sale for 39.88. Picking mine up today hope anyone that missed the release week hurry on down.

GarySchrock

Second Unit
Hmm, any idea whether that price for the dream theater dvd is going to be instore? I see it seems to be for the online site (although the cd itself is more expensive), but the ad sure seems to imply $14.99. Means I need to pick up the set from their website if it's not in store pricing too.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Fehrenheit 9/11 for me this week. I am glad I held off on preordering it, since BB has the lowest price for this one.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Ooh, I didn't know about the new Dream Theater disc! And I *just* watched their last one (the excellent Live In Tokyo/ 5 Years In A Livetime 2-disc set -- which I paid $10.99 for at Spec's!) the other day.

What's with those guys? Charging $11 for two discs that they could sell for $20 apiece?!?!?!

As if I didn't love 'em enough already. . .

Michael Sliger

Second Unit
Good point Gary. I went through the Movies section of Weekly Ad area on Bestbuy.com and was routed to the webpage for the DT: Live at Budokan disks. That still gave the $9.99 price. However, if I force it to give me the actual ad image, I see the $14.99 price. It looks like people should pre-order online tonight and pickup the disks at the store tomorrow to get the the best price.

http://bestbuy.dailyshopper.com/lib/...//230453_b.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks