What's new

Weekly RoundUp 10-30-2012 (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Avengers is $33.99 at Costco if you are a member. And I got Indiana Jones for $61.99 at Costco, but you guys are saying its less elsewhere?

Scamp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
Bill Thomann said:
Thanks for the roundup, Mike. Only purchase will be the Brave steelbook w/pre order. I have a question. I bought the Indiana Jones collection at BB for $64.99 release week. I'm a Silver RZ member so can I PM (I think you have 60 days to) & get a $15 credit?
Hi Bill,
Speaking as a fellow Silver RZ Member, yes, as long as you're within the 60 days limit, you can get a PM for the difference. I've done a few right on the 60th day when a new sale has just happened to start.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I tend to skim more than I should, so member comments on the major deals usually save my bacon.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Got an email saying the Hitchcock UK release date has been delayed by the supplier and won't arrive until November 19-23, so they might still be making those corrections.
Also, if anyone hasn't got the Twilight Zone complete series on blu-ray, I just saw it at Costco this morning for $152. Best price I've seen so far.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Hollywoodaholic said:
Got an email saying the Hitchcock UK release date has been delayed by the supplier and won't arrive until November 19-23, so they might still be making those corrections.
I got the same email. Oh well, that makes me feel less guilty about picking up Indiana Jones this week since I won't be billed for Hitchcock for another 3 weeks!

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor
Scamp said:
Hi Bill,
Speaking as a fellow Silver RZ Member, yes, as long as you're within the 60 days limit, you can get a PM for the difference. I've done a few right on the 60th day when a new sale has just happened to start.
No problem. With tax got $16.04 credited to my MC. I love my RZ Silver.:D

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Amazon still hasn't price-matched Indiana Jones. Come on Amazon are you really going to force me to go to Best Buy? Because I will you know!

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Originally Posted by Mark-P /t/324771/weekly-roundup-10-30-2012#post_3994653
Amazon still hasn't price-matched Indiana Jones. Come on Amazon are you really going to force me to go to Best Buy? Because I will you know!

Give it until Thursday. At that point, you could also price match at Target to avoid BB.

On the same note, ironically, I picked up Indiana Jones at the Paramount Store during the Meet last week. Price? $50.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Jason_V said:
Give it until Thursday.  At that point, you could also price match at Target to avoid BB.
On the same note, ironically, I picked up Indiana Jones at the Paramount Store during the Meet last week. Price?  $50. 
It's not that I mind shopping at Best Buy, in fact I think they are even offering free shipping on this, but I'd prefer to buy it from Amazon using my Amazon Visa card which gives me triple points. If I use the same credit card at Best Buy I only get single points.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Originally Posted by Mark-P /t/324771/weekly-roundup-10-30-2012/30#post_3994662
It's not that I mind shopping at Best Buy, in fact I think they are even offering free shipping on this, but I'd prefer to buy it from Amazon using my Amazon Visa card which gives me triple points. If I use the same credit card at Best Buy I only get single points.

Got it. I'm sure Amazon will work their magic. It's rare they don't.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Incidentally, both BB (at least as of the other day) and Amazon (currently) are selling the 1-disc Blu of Rock of Ages for $10 and the Extended Edition Blu for $15. Gotta decide whether to wait for Black Friday deals or jump on it now. :)
The Avengers Target-exclusive disc has 90 minutes of content, but supposedly it's mostly recycled from features on the various individual-hero Marvel movies. Haven't watched it yet, myself.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
If anyone in the East Coast or Midwest happens to be at a Costco, would they mind reporting if the Hitchcock set is there? We in the West Coast could then confirm.
Of course I realize Sandy is raising havoc over in the Atlantic coast line. I hope everyone there comes through okay.
Thanks!

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
The Alfred Hitchcock Masterpiece Collection on blu ray is at Costco. I just bought it there and it's $163.99.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by MattH. /t/324771/weekly-roundup-10-30-2012/30#post_3996537
I know it's late in the week, but I did put up the review for Ruby Sparks earlier this evening. It can be found here.
Thanks, Matt. Just for that...it gets a link in the OP.

Putting together next week's WRU now. Something took me totally by surprise! Wait for it!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks