What's new

Weekly Roundup 10/29 (and 11/1 for our friendly neighborhood, well..you know!) (1 Viewer)

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
Well, now bestbuy.com shows:

In Stock - Usually ships in 2-3 business days

For the Spidey gift set. Weird.

Jonathan_

Second Unit
The Circuit City I work at is going to carry the Spiderman LE. We only got 4 copies of it in. I haven't got to see the price yet, but at least we got some in stock.

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
For a little while I was getting concerned with Best Buy. It seemed that there new releases, which used to be typically the lowest of the b&m's, were creeping up to be a dollar or two more than Circuit City, etc. However, I did get Windtalkers there for $14.99 and it looks like Spidey will only be a few cents more than at K-Mart. Hopefully, this is an indication that they are going to return to there more aggressive pricing on certain titles. Looking a couple weeks down the road, I would like to think I could get Clones for 17.99 (14.99 just seems way too low) and the extended Fellowship for about $25; Glengarry Glen Ross I'm pretty much resolved to pay 19.99 for :frowning: .

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
This whole Spidey gift set thing is making me a little nervous. I seriously hope that BB has enough to satisfy demand (at least until I get there:D). With Jonathan's comment about only getting 4 copies at his CC and with DVDEmpire selling out it makes me a little skeptical of the number that Best Buy will have on hand.
Also does anyone know if these sets are going to be numbered? It seems that, with what appears to be a short production run, Columbia would individually number them.
Chris S.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
the film cell will likely be numbered like the ET gift set.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Not sure if it has been stated already, but...

Circuit City told me on the phone today that they will price match a competitor by beating them by 10%. So, take the Kmart or Best Buy Spider-man ad to them and get it for $13.00 plus tax.

Has anyone tried something like this before and got the 10% off with them?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Circuit City told me on the phone today that they will price match a competitor by beating them by 10%. So, take the Kmart or Best Buy Spider-man ad to them and get it for $13.00 plus tax.
It's 10% of the DIFFERENCE.

So if the price at, say, K-Mart is $14.99, and CC's price is $15.99, then the difference is $1. They pricematch at 110% of the difference, so you get the item for $14.89 (10¢ less, or 10% of $1).

Get it?

If they made it sound like anything else, it was simply poor communication. You can read CC's official pricematch policy at their website.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug

Deep Discount DVD has it listed for $37.08 with free shipping. No mention of availability, since all preorders on their site show as "* This item is currently not in stock and will ship as soon as it is available."

Rob TT

Stunt Coordinator
The Limited Edition Spider-Man is showing up available in my best buy shopping cart.

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
I'm getting this message again in my best buy shopping cart:

Not available for delivery at this time
Not available for store pickup

Daryl L

Supporting Actor
Doug Pippel,
Thats funny because for the past couple of days DeepDiscountDVD had no listing for the limited gift set. Now they have it again. Thanks.
Now I placed an order for it at DeepDiscountDVD. I should hopefully get one of my orders. If I get both one will be a christmas gift to my 15 year old son. :D

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
I went to CC today and all of their Santa Clauses were Full Frame. Dammit.

Jonathan_

Second Unit
My CC didn't get any WS copies of the Santa Clause either. Whoever did the ordering from corporate didn't realize that their was 2 editions. So they ordered the "special edition" which is the pan & scan edition. My local Best Buy, K-mart, and Target also only got in the pan & scan edition. My last hope was Wal-Mart and to my amazement, what did I find? A ton of widescreen copies. I bought a copy and let the cashier know that I was very happy that they carried the widescreen copy while no one else did. I have also sent my customers today over to Wal-Mart to get the widescreen version. Way to go Wal-Mart!! (Man I never thought I would say that!) :)

Matt Hamand

Agent
I saw widescreen copies of the Santa Clause at Costco this afternoon. That's Carmel Mountain for you San Diego area folks.

I didn't notice the price though, sorry.

Matt Hamand

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
No WS Santa Clause at my local Target either, though they had plenty of FS versions. Best Buy had the WS version...but...none of their WS copies apparently come with the free movie ticket voucher, or at least have a sticker on the shrink-wrap that says that one is included inside.
Anyone buy a WS version of Santa Clause that includes the voucher? Or is Disney trying to push more FS sales by offering the voucher freebie only for FS purchases? If so, then it's pretty lame on Disney's part...:angry:

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Went to Target for SoAF and TSC-SE.
Got SoAF there. TSC-SE was fullscreen only. Blah. Went to CC for a pricematch on it; STILL fullscreen only. Blah again. Headed to Wal-Mart, and got my widescreen copy...pricematched. Yay!
Tonytone, not only does my TSC-SE WS copy have the voucher for the ticket...it also has "Bonus Concession Cash" in it! Yep, a $2 max value voucher for candy/drinks when you're at the cinema to watch TSC2. :emoji_thumbsup:
Costco also had WS copies...and ONLY WS copies. $16.49, if I recall correctly. Grabbed Malcolm there, and couldn't help but notice that Mary Tyler Moore was no longer out on display. I asked...and it turns out that they've ALREADY returned it due to slow sales. :confused: Couldn't they wait until Christmas to let it sell as gifts?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks