What's new

Weekly RoundUp 10-28-2008 (1 Viewer)

John Swarce

Second Unit
Baraka on BD for me this week! Surprised that the SD version is $3 more at Best Buy....as if I was going to buy anything BUT the Blu-ray!

Any reviews on the Dead Space movie? It's a tie-in to the video game, which is garnering some great reviews. I assume it is animated???

--John

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter
The Baraka blu-ray is definitely not $21.99 at Best Buy. It's $29.99.

Edit: I see that the Best Buy website is listing it at $21.99, but it's stickered and rings up as $29.99 in the store. They won't honor their website price, but if you buy it on the website, and choose "store pickup", you could bypass the register monkeys charging full price.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Lyle,
I did just that yesterday, ordering on-line and picking up Baraka BRD in person at the $21.99 price. What gives with that? I went back to the Sunday paper and didn't see Baraka mentioned in their advertisement. :confused:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

They would also need to change the customer service model and stocking practices at their remaining stores if they were serious about still trying to keep the enterprise afloat.

I, frankly, hadn't realized things had gotten so bad for them. I wouldn't mind having one less retailer to research for the RoundUp each week, but I fear that lessened competition might mean higher prices at BB and elsewhere.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

:laugh: And as I have already started to research next week's RoundUp, I find the Blu-ray of The Final Countdown to also be listed for next week at amazon! Crazy!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

And THAT is ALL they have become good for--an ultra-low price on a title SO big that they HAVE to carry a huge number of them in-store. Anything else...even secondary titles listed in their flyer are usually no shows on Tuesday. A shame, really.

And many BB managers know that if someone tries to price-match an item from the CC flyer, they've GOT to call to see if CC even has the item in stock...because they usually DON'T! :rolleyes

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I would MUCH rather buy electronics from CC than from BB. In my experience the salesfolk at CC are relatively honest, while the BB crew should be called the BS crew.

I hope the company pulls through.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
For many reasons, I hope CC pulls through, too. But they'll need to pick things up.

Aaron: I think your experience at BB & CC--like all the other anecdotal material posted here at the HTF about BOTH retailers--is a real YMMV sort of thing. There are people who complain wildly about both establishments...and I'm sure many of us have had positive experiences at both (which are, of course, reported far less often).

At my local Best Buy, I've got a pretty good sense which of the employees have been around for awhile and know their stuff...and can usually separate the wheat from the chaff after a few minutes of talking with a newbie blue shirt.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Oh, I totally understand that every store is different, and I'm not saying that every BB salesperson has been dishonest with me. But the difference has been pretty consistent at my local stores over a period of years now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks