What's new

Weekly RoundUp 10-24-2006 (1 Viewer)

Jay*W

Second Unit
FYI, Bewitched Season 4 is $24.99 at Costco.

Thanks as always to Mike and Patrick!

Jay

daddymention

Agent
Real Name
David
If anyone is interested, at Fry's Electronic in San Diego, CA they have...

Jane Campion's SWEETIE (Criterion Collection) for $16.99..........WOW!!
and
Lodge Kerrigan's CLEAN, SHAVEN (Criterion Collection) for $12.99.

These are regular prices!!!

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
I don't know if this is a YMMV situation, but when I was at Best Buy today picking up The Addams Family, I noticed that all the SNL TV Funhouse discs were sticker-priced @ $14.99 (leading me to believe that is their regular EDLP) and not the $16.99 sale price that they are advertisng in this weeks circular.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

I figured the $14.99 price would be what BB would be charging. It's definitely weird, though, that they would have the wrong price in their flyers. Accidents happen, I guess! ;) Wonder how they are ringing up? Maybe $12.99! :D

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Whoops! Thanks Mike for the clarification. Just one more reason why its always a good idea to read the RoundUp ALL the way through. :)
htf_images_smilies_blush.gif

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
In the interest of making it easier for people to take advantage of release-week deals for a worthy title, I am going to break my own rules and offer a preview of my in-progress review of Monster House (I got the screener late and only got to watch it last night).

I will be labeling this one RECOMMENDED FOR KIDS. It's aimed at older kids (I would say that 10-12 is the ideal age), but is smart enough that parents won't mind watching with them. It's nice to see an original piece of entertainment for older kids that doesn't involve any sort of toy tie-in (at least as far as I know). Note that it is a horror film and it's rated PG -- if you have small children, you may want to screen it first. Some of it may be too intense or scary for them. You know your kids better than I do (I once saw a boy who must've been 9 run screaming from the theater during the wolf scene in Beauty And The Beast (the Disney version!), and I know some 5 and 6 year-olds who dig Lemony Snicket and are not fazed by much).

Oh, in case you were wondering, the picture and sound are excellent. There are a bunch of extra features, but I haven't screened them yet. My full review will be posted in the Software forum sometime in the next day or two.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks