What's new

Weekly Roundup 10/21 (The Man With The Hat Is HERE!) (1 Viewer)

derek

Second Unit
Was at Best Buy picked up Indy for $44.99 (no eckerds ad.) And besides they were being nazis about pricematching. I wanted to pricematch Battlestar Galactica with CC ($79.99) so they HAD to call to see if it was in stock at the local CC. Geesh I had the ad with me and its the release day! Lame-O. Plus no Beast for 20k Fathoms, Gwangi or Black Scorpion to be seen.

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
Just got back from Best Buy (OKC May Ave)

They price matched the Eckerd add no problem, 34.99, 37.92 w/tax. :emoji_thumbsup:

When I handed the Eckerd ad (folded up) to the cashier he said "Wow, where is this?" and promptly rang it up. :)

Alfonso_M

Second Unit
Price matched Eckerds' flier for 34.99 at Best Buy no questions asked. Widescreen version with Bonus Dvd and all and the clerk told me I was not the first one to do so either.

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
All you guys east of the Rockies have it good when it comes to price-matching; I don't think us Californians have an Eckerds around here...:frowning:

But hey, kudos to all of you for getting such great deals!

PeterL

Auditioning
;) I was the first one at BestBuy Fairfax,VA this morning to pick up the Indy set...walked over to customer service with my Eckerd ad...the woman at the counter was very less than friendly...she looked at the ad.."where's this from?"...I open it up and say Eckerds...she goes over to someone higher up to conference for a couple minutes scanning the ad...then some VP of marketing or something comes over to me with a smiley friendly demeanor and asks if I've been helped...I point over to the pow wow and he joins in....soon after that the less than friendly associate copies the ad and rings me up...noting on the yellow pricematch slip this big whigs name....I dont' know what the big deal was but I'm very happy to get Indy for $35!!! My budget has prevented me from getting weekly dvd's for a while so this time it is special...what would I do without this forum?? :emoji_thumbsup:

Thank you!!!

peter

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Same story with Best Buy here - no problem at all getting them to price match the $34.99 Eckerd price on the widescreen set. Smokin'!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

I know. You'd think the discounts are being deducted from their personal paychecks. What damn business is it of theirs if a customer can save a few bucks by pricematching? Just smile and ring it up! :angry:

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Good job Best Buy (they usually get slammed in this forum...
And here is why... Went to Wal-mart this morning and they price matched with no problem. It required a CSR to authorize since the difference was more than $10 but all in all not a problem. Then went to BB just a few minutes ago and tried to PM with the bonus disc and they refused. I explained the tons of money that I spent in the store on a weekly basis and I still got haggled. I didn't have the time to really press the issue so I will try again after work. I've had very bad relations with BB in the past and this is seriously their last chance to keep my business. I understand that it comes with a bonus disc but if they want to continue to see my business every week they'll have to PM. No questions. Otherwise the CC that is literally across the street will start seeing me every Tuesday :).

O' and a warning to those who want to swap discs with another store that will PM. The UPC numbers are different from those without the bonus disc. So be careful.

Chris S.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Got Indy at BB for the $34.99 price match, and Battlestar Galactica for a $79.99 price match.

If you get a hard time over the Eckerds price, Fry's had Indy for $39.99, and Galactica for $79.99.

The Scary Movie 3 preview is a separate disc in a cardboard sleeve...it rang up for free, as did my fourth free BB Coming Attractions DVD w/coupons.

- Steve

WadeB

Stunt Coordinator
Just got back from my Indiana Jones run. For those in metro Atlanta hoping for a BB/Eckerd price match, it was a no go. I was told that they called “all the area” Eckerds and they didn’t have any in stock so BB didn’t have to price match. (This was the BB in Kennesaw) I left the box at the cash register and walked out and went over to CC where a very nice CSR happily gave me the PM plus 10% of the difference (final price 33.49!). So no bonus disc, no points, but I saved $11.50.:emoji_thumbsup:

No PM= No Sale!

Bob Pierce

Stunt Coordinator
Whew! That was close. I went to CC early (I thought) this morning, looking to pick up the Battlestar Galactica set. Turns out, they only received TWO of them (!!), and they were sold out. I asked if they were expecting more in later in the week, and it didn't sound good. So, I took their ad to BestBuy to price match, but made the mistake of shooting my mouth off to another customer in the aisle about CC being out of stock, within earshot of an employee. :frowning:

Luckily, I shop there all the time, and I knew the lady. Although she reminded me they wouldn't price match if they call CC and find out that they're out of stock, she kept doing what she was doing, I high-tailed it to the checkout, and managed to get through! :emoji_thumbsup:

Quite an exciting little start to my day.....

Congrats to the folks who got such a great price on Indy! Sweet deal.

Good hunting,

- Bob

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I figured CC would probably get all of One or two of the Galactica Set so I ordered online shipped for $75, glad I did.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
I must have been the first to break out an Eckerd's flier at the NE Philly Best Buy this morning. I asked the girl about their price-matching offer, and her response was "long as it's not Sam's Club or BJ's I can take it". So I broke out the flier and her reaction was similar to the one posted above:

The transaction took a little while (I also had a store credit) so I turned to apologize to the people in line behind me. They both said "no problem!" so I gave both of 'em an Eckerd sales flier of their very own. :) (One guy had a Full Screen Indy set, but hey - I'm a nice guy...)

Thanks very much Dave! You saved me 11 bucks today! :emoji_thumbsup:

Chris Harrison

Stunt Coordinator
Just got back from Best Buy. They matched Eckerd's $34.99 price on Indy no questions asked. They also matched CC's $12.99 price on Pink Floyd-Live at Pompeii:emoji_thumbsup:

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
It helps to live a few miles from Eckerd's corporate HQ. :)

Best Buy price-matched the Eckerd's flyer for me, no questions asked. The cashier was very nice about it, but she also said I was the first person to come in with the Eckerd's ad.

So who knows if they'll continue the price match once a manager sees it.

I should add that this is the first time I've ever price matched at BB.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks