What's new

Weekly Roundup 10/21 (The Man With The Hat Is HERE!) (1 Viewer)

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Anyone know of any good B&M deals on the new Rush concert disc? No online seller has it for less than about $20.
Circuit City seems to be the best choice right now at $19.99. They also have the cheapest price for the 3CD set. ($15.99)

Jason

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member

I can confirm these reports. I'm looking at the flyer right now and it does say $34.99 in big red letters...on top of a pic of a Fullscreen set. :D

Thanks again, Dave!

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Hey Dave, are you ready for my laconic sarcasm on the day that Star Wars is released to DVD? :p)

I think I'll go to Costco tomorrow...I wonder what I'll get there.....

Tommy G

Screenwriter
Alright, Target ad shows Lowest Price for Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle. How do I price match at Best Buy? Has anyone done this with a "Lowest Price" ad?

Lance R

Grip
Aaron,

I think Best Buy had a deal on the Rush cd/dvd combo. I believe it's $35 for the combo. Pretty good deal.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Picked up the in store Eckerds ad this evening. $34.99!!!! Got 4 other ads for friends too. This eckerds is remodeling and has very little stuff so I'm sure they won't have any but will price match. Thanks for the tip.

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
Went to my Walmart (the DeZavala & I-10 store for those of you in San Antonio) at midnight, picked up the widescreen Indiana Jones set, and walked to a checkout lane. With my Eckerd ad in hand, I was prepared to ask for a price match for $34.99, but lo' and behold it rung up at $33.24! Don't need no stinking price match...

:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Andrea,

I find that surprising (but great to hear for you). Usually that Wal-Mart is not very good (selection and especially price-wise) for dvds. I went to the one close to me (281 and 1604) this morning when I got up and all they had was full screen in the dvd section (they usually do a good job stocking WS). I asked the guy if they had any widescreen, and he told me that was all they had. Of course while I'm walking out they have a display, again all full screen, except for the bottom row. I grab a widescreen and go to the checkout. It rings up $45 (this Wal-Mart usually has really good prices, but not this time), so I give him the Eckard's ad. He has to call over a supervisor, who stares at it, notices the picture isn't the same, but goes ahead and price matches. Whew!

David Owens

Agent
There's nothing like throwing the Raiders soundtrack CD in your car and blaring it through the Wal-Mart parking lot at 7am... :D

Went in with my handy-dandy Eckerd's flyer, grabbed me a Widescreen set ($46.82 on the scanner), walked up to the express lane, price-matched to $34.99 with no questions asked. The person in front of me (also a WM employee) even asked to see my ad to check some of the other prices.

Now it's sitting on my desk at work taunting me until 5pm!!!!!! :emoji_thumbsup:

Scott Bell

Stunt Coordinator
Went to "Wally-World" early this morning and got a price match with little hassle. The only problem was the Widescreen box set is a different color than the (pictured)Foolscreen. So it took a 20 year old manager to look at it and say its the same thing. No where on the ad does it say "Fullscreen Only". Cant wait to get home and watch it.:D

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
33.24 for widescreen INDY, that's what I'm talking about, Wall to Walmart (Fairy Odd Parents), here I come.

Todd Schnell

Second Unit
No problem getting Wal-Mart to price match the Eckerds flyer price of $34.99 for Indy. :emoji_thumbsup:
I also looked to pick up Dragonslayer, but apparently they didn't have it.

Todd

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Very cool morning at Wal-Mart. Store staff were VERY helpful, friendly, and quick. Hell, it was as if they were expecting me. :cool:

Grabbed the following:
$15.18 Charlie's Angels Full Throttle: UNRATED Version (they got it after all!)
$ 5.88 One of two new Casper cartoon collections (purple monster on cover)
$ 5.88 The other new Casper cartoon collection (Casper in an innertube)
$ 5.88 Captain Kronos: Vampire Hunter (saw Frankenstein but passed)
$15.18 Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman
$43.68 Law & Order: SVU
$47.48 Incredible Hulk TV Collection
$75.98 Battlestar Galactica

That's a LOT of pooky in there! But it's mine, all mine! BWAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Tommy G

Screenwriter
Went to Best Buy and picked up Indy and they price matched the Target ad for Charlie's Angels: FT Unrated at $15.99 even though it said low price in the ad. They took my word for it. Good job Best Buy :emoji_thumbsup: (they usually get slammed in this forum so I thought I'd give them kudos). Anyway, they still had tons of the Coming Attractions Volume 1 in stock and got that for free. I felt like a fool though because I was looking around all over the place for the Indy Best Buy fifth disc and when I finally asked the guy said it was in with the box set. Gee, you would think I would notice since the back end of the shrink wrap was bulging out :b .

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

They carry a bunch of unrated movies. It seems to be only music that they get their panties bunched up over.

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Very cool morning at Wal-Mart. Store staff were VERY helpful, friendly, and quick. Hell, it was as if they were expecting me.
They probably were ... Can you blame them?? Afterall something tells me you are probably one of their best customers (for DVDs that is).

Nice to know you had a trouble free morning so far.

How are people doing on the BB pricematch with the Eckerd ad??

Greg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks