What's new

Weekly RoundUp 10/19/04 (2 Viewers)

Brenda M

Stunt Coordinator
Just got back from Target. They had "Ed Wood" for $19.99 but I got the last copy. The clerk said they just got 3 in! I picked up the Tom and Jerry, nice to see the rebate coupon that I will send in after Looney Tunes II comes out.

Harold Wazzu

Supporting Actor
Just picked up D.A.R.Y.L. and Explorers at my local Best Buy for $9.99 each...Circuit City, Target, and Wal-mart said they didn't get any of either.

And I got Born on the 4th of July at Target for $14.99

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
I can't get over the $12+ price difference between Target and BB for the Tom & Jerry set.

So I bought it.
smile.gif

Also, don't forget to hit McDonald's if you're shopping at Best Buy. Those little $1 coupons sure come in handy!
thumbsup.gif

Joel Vardy

Supporting Actor
quote:I'm surprised that Costco is not shown as carrying Ed Wood. Wouldn't be surprised if it winds up carrying it and with a sizable discount.

Just as I suspected -- Costco had Ed Wood for $17.29. Glad I checked before going to the usual rip-off locations.

BEWARE -- CC has once again pulled their usual 'bait and switch' -- this time on the Born on the 4th of July title. They showed only 5 sets coming in (whenever) and I agreed to get a rain check. I'd be surprised if they show up this week at all
furious.gif

Joel

Daryl Stovall

Second Unit
Just came from Best Buy to buy Hellboy - The gift set and was told that it was deleted/cancelled from their release schedule across the board. Does anyone know what happened?

Jeff D

Supporting Actor
My results were pretty good...

I did get The Good the Bad and the Ugly for $7.50. I can't complain. Thanks for the heads up! =)

I also got Arrested Dev S1, just what I've wanted, I can toss the homemade series I did. =)

I called costco before heading down, they said they spongebob S1 & S2 as a single item. I double checked that it was season 1 AND 2, they said yes. I'm thinking 80 episodes for $31.99. When I get there there there are two boxed sets one for each season season one priced $31.99, season 2 priced $9.49 (or something like that). Of course I got one. I'm not sure what's going on. I was willing to pay $32 for a combo set, but that wasn't an option. BTW this is the third time I've inquired about the set before release, if there was something wrong I figured the last month and a half would be enough time to fix it.

The S1 and S2 SKU on the boxes were different. I just checked my old reciepts and S1 didn't match the S1 I have. Something is screwy.

Just note: This editing program has gone through some changes, a blank line in editing now results in 4 html br tags.

Joel Vardy

Supporting Actor
After being once again disappointed at CC I headed to my next most favorite B&M, BB. They pricematched Born on the 4th of July and gave me an additional 10% off when I requested it. While I was there I also picked up D.A.R.Y.L.. I guess it pays to read this forum. It has saved me quite a bit over the last couple of years.
wink.gif

Joel

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Thanks Mike for all your efforts each and every week on the Weekly RoundUp.

Wal-Mart in Corona, CA (McKinley Street) had the following titles for $13.88 each:

A Cinderella Story

Bionicle 2

Garfield: The Movie

Van Helsing

I lived in Corona until June of this year. The best part was living within walking distance of this Wal-Mart where I could always count on new releases @ $13.88 each. I'm 30+ miles away now, but happened to be passing through Corona today and stopped in. I was happily suprised to find that they have kept their new release pricing consistent. I was spoiled for so long and now resent the fact that my local Wal-Mart prices new releases, at best, $0.11 below Best Buy / Circuit City / Target (i.e. $15.88 or $17.88 or $19.88).

If any of you are in the Corona area on a Tuesday, you should stop by the McKinley Wal-Mart (right off of Highway 91). One note, they used to (not sure about currently) sell out of the new releases quickly (sometimes by Wednesday or Thursday).

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Just called my local BJs wholesale club and unfortunately they don't seem to be carrying the Hellboy 3-dsic director's cut. Of course, maybe it just isn't in their system yet.

Has anyone spotted it at WalMart?

Thanks,

Neil

Barry_B_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Barry
Straw Dogs___________________ _ $10.46 __ $12.99 __ $10.99

Anyone know which version of Straw Dogs this is?

Marc Fedderman

Second Unit
I was able to price match The Good The Bad And The Ugly for $7.50 at my local Walmart. The clerk was incredulous, but friendly. Not wanting to take the heat for a "mistake," she called a couple of managers, until, finally, one of them gave the go ahead. It was worth waiting 15 minutes for such a great score. Thanks Mike.

I also noticed a cache of new horror-themed dollar movies. They had several Lugosi titles, a few silent gems, Hitchcock's Sabotage, Bloodlust, and a plethora of other PD titles. I bought a couple of discs, but I haven't watched them yet, so I can't vouch for the quality.

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
Pricematched TGTBTU for 6.83 including tax out the door at Circuit City. Thanks to the OP!! Great find. Too bad the case is gigantic. Looks like I'll be looking for a custom cover. Going to get Explorers and Fire In The Sky - can't resist with such a great price.
biggrin.gif

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
I believe the Straw Dogs is the new MGM release, which won't have all the extras on the Criterion disc.

Ron Schildt

Agent
Scored the SE edition of TGTBTU at my local Circuit City after checking Target (only had the old edition) and two Best Buy locations (no SE in stock).

Great buy for $6.60 after tax out the door. No questions asked by the CC cashier!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Not really relevant to this week's Round-Up, but Target has "Will & Grace S3" for $29.99 this week ($10 off).

Sam's Club also has the "That's Entertainment" set for $32.22

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks