What's new

Weekly RoundUp 10-16-2012 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
David Norman said:
Target online prices seem to rarely match their store prices at least until release day and even then there often is some bizarre mismatches.
I think the weekly ad has it for $19.99 in store though.
Target's ad is clear on the $19.99 for Madagascar 3 blu this week.

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
Mike Frezon said:
Don't forget to include my little mini-review of TSC 2 & 3 from above, Matt!  :laugh:
I hope it shows up in your local store, Moe.  I decided to go with Amazon for the catalog title.  BB is spotty, at best.
There are about 15 I can reasonably drive to here, and the online site tells me who has stock. If they don't have it then its amazon time

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
A link to Matt's review of the Santa Clause series release on Blu can be found in the OP.

Unfortunately, Matt did NOT take my earlier mini-review fully into account when doling out his scores for the second two films.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Amazon has now dropped its price on 2016: Obama's America to $9.99 to match Best Buy.

Got Madagascar 1 and 2, Paranormal Activity 1-3 all for $4.99 each after U&S.

That's some pretty good deals, Rod. Would make for some unusual double-feature nights though.

Night #1: Madagascar 1 & Paranormal Activity

Night #2: Madagascar 2 & Paranormal Activity 2

And so on!

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Have Loony tunes on the way from amazon and probably Pete's Dragon for 12.99 at BB.
Watching Moonrise Kingdom now so I'll know later if im buying it.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by TonyD /t/324437/weekly-roundup-10-16-2012#post_3989119
Watching Moonrise Kingdom now so I'll know later if im buying it.

I will await your review.

Wes Anderson is kind of a tough sell for me. I want to like his stuff...but find myself not really getting into it.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I might not be the best one to go by.
Even the ones I don't really like I still enjoyed watching them.
The Fox one and Darjeeling didn't do anything for me but Anderson's style is so unique that I just love looking at it.
I read at least one review that gave the pq 4.5 of five stars but I thought it to be very very soft.
Maybe it's supposed to look that way, I can't say.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
A link to Richard's review of That's My Boy is now in the OP.

I don't want to give things away, but...his conclusion?!? It (the film) wasn't all that funny.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I want Madagascar 3 with Marty's rainbow afro wig! I know what I'm wearing for Halloween. :D

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Moe Dickstein /t/324437/weekly-roundup-10-16-2012/30#post_3989569
Mike - Good call, League is not being stocked in BB retail locations, so looks like Amazon...

Not rocket science on my part, Moe.

Just past experience (including my scoping of the shelves in my local store this past week looking for some Upgrade & Save goodness) tells me that you just can't trust BB to carry catalog titles on release date--even rather high-profile (popular) titles such as A League of Their Own.

It might dribble in to stores down the road (emphasis on "might")...but why bother? My copy has already been delivered from Amazon. Yay!

Also in my package is The Santa Clause...another catalog title I would be doubtful is on BB shelves this week. It WILL be when they put out their Christmas titles. Come to think of it, I'm surprised that hasn't happened yet.

I saw my first Christmas commercial on TV the other night! It was from Target and featured the Target terrier (with red bullseye around its eye).

Frank Ha

Second Unit
Real Name
Frank Harrison
Thanks, Mike for the RoundUp. It's appreciated as always.
I used upgrade and save and bought Pete's Dragon and Madmen at Best Buy yesterday. Also picked up The Deep from the bargain bin box.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks