What's new

Weekly RoundUp 10-16-2007 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'm running into that a a lot now. I see x, y & z titles listed for Blu-ray releases...only to find out they now aren't going to exist because of the Paramount decision.

I'm always surprised when I read about people who think of films/DVDs in terms of studio of origin. For example, there are some who organize their collections based on studio rather than alphabetical by title.

I put very little consideration into which studio brings me a particular release. For example, I could not have told you Transformers was a Paramount release. I guess it's just me!

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
This is mentioned in another thread, but as a supplement to Patrick's post, it is worth noting here that Best Buy has a number of Columbia/Sony Blu-Ray titles on sale for $14.99 that are not mentioned in their ad. They are:

Memoirs of a Geisha
Immortal Beloved
The Replacement Killers
The Fifth Element
Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within
Flatliners
The Patriot
Donnie Brasco
Cruel Intentions
Wild Things
A Few Good Men
Hellboy
Identity
Curse of the Golden Flower
Big Fish
Vertical Limit
Layer Cake
Tears of the Sun
Black Hawk Down
Into the Blue
Memento
Kung Fu Hustle
S.W.A.T., Stealth
The Terminator
50 First Dates
XXX
Resident Evil: Apocalypse
A Knight's Tale
House of Flying Daggers
Hitch

Regards,

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Tell you what, Ken...I have a Best Buy right across the street from work. The minute 5:00 hits, I'm heading over. I can spot at least five movies on that list I wouldn't mind having.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Yep, but I successfully picked up "Memento" and "Hellboy" for that price at lunch today. They rang-up correctly, and they even had the in-store display cards under the titles on the shelves highlighting the sale price. All 31 titles are also available at the same price online at bestbuy.com.

Regards,

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
I am merely standing on the shoulders of giants. Specifically, TonyD who started the separate thread pointing out this deal.

Regards,

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Good thing TonyD's got my some mighty big shoulders! :D

==================================

Maybe I'll have something like this made up!

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Speaking of cheap HD deals I saw on CheapAssGamer the following Fry's deals for 10/14-10/16

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Took a trip to Circuit City based on a tip from another forum. Walked out with six high def discs (3 HD, 3 BD) for $87, or Buy One Get One. All were $24.99 or $29.99 sticker prices (I didn't check others).

Casey Neutron

Stunt Coordinator
Any confirmation yet if Best Buy will be offering a double-sized Grindhouse slipcover with purchases of "Planet Terror" like they did with the Kill Bill movies? There was rumor of this last month when "Death Proof" was released. If not, Wal-Mart's a lot closer to where I live and I'm sure they can beat Best Buy's $17.99.

Ron68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron
All I can afford this week is the Transformers. I'll just buy the 2 disc SE, I was thinking about the Wal-Mart exclusive but I'd rather have the bonus materials disc over the prequel.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member

There's a full-page ad for the set in the current "Entertainment Weekly" that states the following:

15" Transforming Optimus Prime DVD Case
Exclusive Comic Book
Robo-Vision decoder to unlock online content

Not sure if that helps you or not!

Eric

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

I just took all six discs to the register and they all came up BOGO. The receipt shows a package price of half off all 6 titles. (I checked with someone in the department on Constantine and Sky Captain first...he rang them up and half off each.)

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Mike, don't forget to take advantage of the BOGO Blu-ray sales going on now. :)

htf_images_smilies_banana.gif
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif
CONGRATS!
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif

You deserve it for all the work you've done with the Roundup.

For those who don't know what I'm talking about, click here.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Did anyone get the WalMart exclusive? I was really torn on getting that or the regular 2disc SE. I figure I'd be rebuying in HD at some point and all those features will be imported, but I figure the WalMart movie might be crap. I picked up the SE but will wait to see what people have to say about the WalMart disc before I open it.

-paul

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks