What's new

Weekly Roundup 10/14 (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Sorry, I should have updated you guys about that.

I spoke to Respond2 earlier this week, talking about the Sonny & Cher set they're working on. I asked about the Hijinks disc being a BB exclusive, and he didn't come right out and agree that it was, but continued the conversation as if we both agreed that it was a BB exclusive. In retrospect I should have gotten a clear-cut confirmation, but really there's no doubt in my mind this is a BB-only thing, retail-wise.

Now it's been available for years as a bonus for subscribing to the Carson Club (DVD or VHS), but if all you bought was the Ult. Carson Coll. set (which I've got before it was available in stores), then you didn't get the Animal Hijinks disc (in fact they posted a strict disclaimer stating that you didn't get it).

Anyway, figure that it's a Best Buy exclusive.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
So, Dave. Bottom line is as I posted above?

$65 at BestBuy with the bonus Animal Hijinks DVD

$40 at wholesalers without Hijinks DVD.

Even with a coupon for 10% off Television or Collector Set DVDs from the Coming Attractions Promotion, that leaves BB at $58.50 for the set. That's nearly $20 higher than the competition just to get the bonus DVD. Tough to swallow.

I am really interested in this set. I miss Johnny.

EDIT--Just priced the Carson Collection at my local BJs Wholesale Club. $39.99 without the Animal Hijinks disc. Don't think I can see spending $20-$25 dollars for the lone disc.

Turns out the BestBuy price including the Hijinks DVD is just about the same as getting it from Carson's website.

Users who are viewing this thread