What's new

Weekly RoundUp 10-12-2010 (1 Viewer)

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon /forum/thread/304838/weekly-roundup-10-12-2010/30#post_3739264

Well, that just goes to show ya: it's always something.

I'm not too up on current (or recent) prime-time shows so I didn't remember that there was a similarly named show.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Originally Posted by Aaron Silverman

BTW, kinda odd though that they don't seem to be offering a BD version of that big box set, especially since it seems to include 2 additional discs of content that are probably not included on the BD.

_Man_

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Originally Posted by Marvin
Actually, Best Buy is selling 'Ladies and Gentlemen: The Rolling Stones' for 7.99 (SD) and 9.99 (BD).

Odd. I see the DVD version (at that price) on BestBuy.com but the BD version is nowhere to be found -- I prefer to order for in-store pickup, if that's possible.

_Man_

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
BTW, for the Moulin Rouge fans amongst you, I spotted the BD at J&R yesterday (apparently a week early) -- AFAIK, they don't usually put stuff out early, but I guess there was some sort of mix-up in the release date (as it looks like it was originally set for last week).

_Man_

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
Originally Posted by Man-Fai Wong

Odd. I see the DVD version (at that price) on BestBuy.com but the BD version is nowhere to be found -- I prefer to order for in-store pickup, if that's possible.

_Man_

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Ladies+%26+Gentlemen+-+Dolby+Dts+-+Blu-ray+Disc/1273804.p?id=2145483&skuId=1273804

Edit: for some reason, clicking the above link doesn't work. But I was able to cut and paste it into a new window and it did.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
That was too late for me. Just went ahead and picked it up at the store (while picking up a couple other previously ordered titles).

Read online that it's probably their best concert film (from their peak period), so figured I'd just risk it at that bargain price w/out knowing the actual PQ/AQ. :-p

_Man_

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Originally Posted by Jason_V

Just ordered Band of Brothers BD from Amazon (with episode 1 of The Pacific) for $36.99.

Thanks for the heads-up on this, Jason. I grabbed myself a copy as well.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
It's off topic, but while at Target yesterday, I noticed they are reconfiguring their DVD area: Blu DOUBLED its space, they cut back on the SD boxed set/TV section and removed (or moved) CD/DVD storage completely.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Hey all - YMMV obviously but at the local Wal-Mart here, the How to Train Your Dragon combo pack was $26.96 (!) before tax. As a friend of mine was purchasing it on my behalf, they got it without question following my recomedation when I presumed that the price was going to be closer to what was listed online and in the roundup. Because I know Wal-Mart tries to pricematch other stores, I wonder if this will work in reverse, e.g. if they lower the price within the next few days to match the adveritsed Best Buy price or whatnot, if I could get a rebate with receipt for the difference or if I just needto let this one go. Advice from anyone with more farmilliarity with Walmart's policies would be really appreciated. Thanks.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Walmart will match other local stores advertised prices. Sometimes they don't even call or make you bring the ad. Or at least they used to. YMMV.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks