What's new

Weekly RoundUp 10-1-2013 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The bottle opener TALKS?!?

That's awesome.

I wonder what it would say if it was used to open a bottle of Market Pantry water???

confused-smiley-004.gif

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I just got Little Mermaid from Wal-Mart, which is supposed to contain a movie money code for Frozen. An alert for other people who may have this issue: The code for the movie cash redemption was on the reverse side of a sticker on the package. The problem is that when I peeled the sticker off of the package, the code partially got rubbed off, so two letters of it are completely unreadable, which renders the code unuseable.

I called Disney support about this, and after the girl actually said the company line "How can I help make your day more magical?", I explained the situation. Then she put me on hold and decided to transfer me to DIsney Movie Rewards, which apparently is a separate help center. They told me that there is nothing they can do about this because it is Wal-Mart's promotion, so I would have to contact Wal-Mart to get a replacement copy.

The Little Mermaid copy itself seems fine -- I have not played it yet but the case and everything is perfectly normal and not broken or anything -- so it seems silly to go back thre and exchange the disc. Plus, what's to say my replacement copy wouldn't also have a rubbed-off code?

I guess this renders Wal-Mart's exclusive not worthwhile.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
How much was the 3D version of mermaid at Walmart ? Also Target is not carrying Little Mermaid in 3D according to the manager I spoke to yesterday. Also not carrying the biggest hit of the year , Iron Man 3 in 3D. Don't understand that logic.

Jimmy M

Second Unit
JakeLip said:
I just got Little Mermaid from Wal-Mart, which is supposed to contain a movie money code for Frozen. An alert for other people who may have this issue: The code for the movie cash redemption was on the reverse side of a sticker on the package. The problem is that when I peeled the sticker off of the package, the code partially got rubbed off, so two letters of it are completely unreadable, which renders the code unuseable.

I called Disney support about this, and after the girl actually said the company line "How can I help make your day more magical?", I explained the situation. Then she put me on hold and decided to transfer me to DIsney Movie Rewards, which apparently is a separate help center. They told me that there is nothing they can do about this because it is Wal-Mart's promotion, so I would have to contact Wal-Mart to get a replacement copy.

The Little Mermaid copy itself seems fine -- I have not played it yet but the case and everything is perfectly normal and not broken or anything -- so it seems silly to go back thre and exchange the disc. Plus, what's to say my replacement copy wouldn't also have a rubbed-off code?

I guess this renders Wal-Mart's exclusive not worthwhile.
Same thing happened to my sticker.

I followed the links on the Hollywood Movie Money site until I got to a Contact Us link. I explained what happened, and someone got back to me later that day asking me to scan the receipt and the damaged sticker and e-mail it back to them. After I did that, they sent me the correct code within a few hours.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I usually just remove the shrinkwrap rather than trying to peel off the sticker. Usually you can read the code from the backside through the plastic wrapping.

Jimmy M

Second Unit
Malcolm R said:
I usually just remove the shrinkwrap rather than trying to peel off the sticker. Usually you can read the code from the backside through the plastic wrapping.
This sticker is under the shrinkwrap, on the cardboard sleeve.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Jimmy M said:
This sticker is under the shrinkwrap, on the cardboard sleeve.
I see what you mean. I picked this up Friday from Walmart (only $12.99 after coupon savings). Fortunately, while mine also came off unevenly with an imcomplete code, I think I can still make out all the code letters/numbers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks