1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Weekly RoundUp 10-1-2013

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by Mike Frezon, Sep 28, 2013.

1. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

The bottle opener TALKS?!?

That's awesome.

I wonder what it would say if it was used to open a bottle of Market Pantry water???

[​IMG]

2. TravisR

TravisR Well-Known Member

Having seen the movie, I would recommend not finding out in front of children, old people or the easily offended. :)

3. Jake Lipson

Jake Lipson Well-Known Member

I just got Little Mermaid from Wal-Mart, which is supposed to contain a movie money code for Frozen. An alert for other people who may have this issue: The code for the movie cash redemption was on the reverse side of a sticker on the package. The problem is that when I peeled the sticker off of the package, the code partially got rubbed off, so two letters of it are completely unreadable, which renders the code unuseable.

I called Disney support about this, and after the girl actually said the company line "How can I help make your day more magical?", I explained the situation. Then she put me on hold and decided to transfer me to DIsney Movie Rewards, which apparently is a separate help center. They told me that there is nothing they can do about this because it is Wal-Mart's promotion, so I would have to contact Wal-Mart to get a replacement copy.

The Little Mermaid copy itself seems fine -- I have not played it yet but the case and everything is perfectly normal and not broken or anything -- so it seems silly to go back thre and exchange the disc. Plus, what's to say my replacement copy wouldn't also have a rubbed-off code?

I guess this renders Wal-Mart's exclusive not worthwhile.

4. Tino

Tino Premium
    Supporter

Valentino
    How much was the 3D version of mermaid at Walmart ? Also Target is not carrying Little Mermaid in 3D according to the manager I spoke to yesterday. Also not carrying the biggest hit of the year , Iron Man 3 in 3D. Don't understand that logic.

5. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?

Tony D.
    Little is $35 at walmart

6. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

Matt Hough likes this.
  7. Jimmy M

Jimmy M Well-Known Member

Same thing happened to my sticker.

I followed the links on the Hollywood Movie Money site until I got to a Contact Us link. I explained what happened, and someone got back to me later that day asking me to scan the receipt and the damaged sticker and e-mail it back to them. After I did that, they sent me the correct code within a few hours.

8. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Well-Known Member

Malcolm
    I usually just remove the shrinkwrap rather than trying to peel off the sticker. Usually you can read the code from the backside through the plastic wrapping.

9. Jimmy M

Jimmy M Well-Known Member

This sticker is under the shrinkwrap, on the cardboard sleeve.

10. Matt Hough

Matt Hough Well-Known Member
    Reviewer

Matt Hough
    Thank you, Mike. Much appreciated.

I'm also working on Glee during the times I'm not reviewing single Blu-ray movies coming out next week.

11. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Well-Known Member

Malcolm
    I see what you mean. I picked this up Friday from Walmart (only $12.99 after coupon savings). Fortunately, while mine also came off unevenly with an imcomplete code, I think I can still make out all the code letters/numbers.